***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

1246717

Comments

  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,737 Site Admin
    Hayek wrote:
    Please tell me that icon_invisiblewoman.png force bubbles can disable it! That would be so epic for multiple reasons! And it would make her a lot more useful.
    It can't disable it directly. You could Force Bubble all the tiles around it and it would shield those tiles for a turn. That's obviously not sustainable though.
  • Hyphenmoore
    Hyphenmoore Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    This is a cool idea. It does seem game breaking now. I am looking forward to seeing how the game evolves to support the new 5*'s. I just hope that 5*'s stay as the really powerful Marvel character like SS not like Ant-Man as a 4*.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    How often does it self destoys on its own match4+ cascade, when playtested?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Hayek wrote:
    Please tell me that icon_invisiblewoman.png force bubbles can disable it! That would be so epic for multiple reasons! And it would make her a lot more useful.
    It can't disable it directly. You could Force Bubble all the tiles around it and it would shield those tiles for a turn. That's obviously not sustainable though.

    Shatter with force bubble destroy the black holes?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will black hole have the same penchant for landing on an edge or corner as MnMag's red, SW blue?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Will black hole have the same penchant for landing on an edge or corner as MnMag's red, SW blue?

    Its placeable
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,737 Site Admin
    turul wrote:
    How often does it self destoys on its own match4+ cascade, when playtested?
    Not often since players generally place it towards the top of the board and/or the center. Being in the center of the board pretty well kills a horizontal match and only a very rare 4 of a kind drop in will smack it from above. Placing it up higher means that verticals aren't an issue and, again, horizontals may not be either.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    turul wrote:
    How often does it self destoys on its own match4+ cascade, when playtested?
    Not often since players generally place it towards the top of the board and/or the center. Being in the center of the board pretty well kills a horizontal match and only a very rare 4 of a kind drop in will smack it from above. Placing it up higher means that verticals aren't an issue and, again, horizontals may not be either.

    So it is wiser to put this were it generates less cascades... oh wait, we want cascades... icon_e_smile.gif
  • I keep reading this like it's a joke post.

    59,000 hp? I understand it won't happen immediately and all that ****, but what in the absolute hell? That is 5x the highest 4*. It's practically a cheat code.

    When somebody gets this guy covered, the whole game is over at that point. Who beats that without a surfer of their own?

    I was all for the 5* idea until I saw this. It's closer to a 10*. It's going to ruin the game for anyone that doesn't have him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 5,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    I keep reading this like it's a joke post.

    59,000 hp? I understand it won't happen immediately and all that ****, but what in the absolute hell? That is 5x the highest 4*. It's practically a cheat code.

    When somebody gets this guy covered, the whole game is over at that point. Who beats that without a surfer of their own?

    I was all for the 5* idea until I saw this. It's closer to a 10*. It's going to ruin the game for anyone that doesn't have him.

    This seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Yes, 60k is a massive number. and if people would have that amount on Sept. 10, then it would effectively obliterate the meta.

    But that's not going to happen. Clearly demiurge wants it to take a very long time for anyone to cover a 5*. If it starts happening significantly faster than they expect, then they will make changes accordingly (either dropping the health levels, boosting 4*s, or cutting the 5* distribution rate).

    It's definitely a calculated risk that could have serious negative repercussions on the game, and will definitely completely reshape the meta. But it's also not something that will happen immediately. They will have some time to react.
  • ShazamFTW wrote:
    I keep reading this like it's a joke post.

    59,000 hp? I understand it won't happen immediately and all that ****, but what in the absolute hell? That is 5x the highest 4*. It's practically a cheat code.

    When somebody gets this guy covered, the whole game is over at that point. Who beats that without a surfer of their own?

    I was all for the 5* idea until I saw this. It's closer to a 10*. It's going to ruin the game for anyone that doesn't have him.

    The introduction of it in the game is for people to spend to upgrade it. Imagine how much iso and money you will spend to maximize it.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,737 Site Admin
    Vhailorx wrote:
    This seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Yes, 60k is a massive number. and if people would have that amount on Sept. 10, then it would effectively obliterate the meta.

    But that's not going to happen. Clearly demiurge wants it to take a very long time for anyone to cover a 5*. If it starts happening significantly faster than they expect, then they will make changes accordingly (either dropping the health levels, boosting 4*s, or cutting the 5* distribution rate).

    It's definitely a calculated risk that could have serious negative repercussions on the game, and will definitely completely reshape the meta. But it's also not something that will happen immediately. They will have some time to react.
    Pretty much exactly this. We've got contingency plans in place in case quite a few things that we're not expecting to have happen happen, such as the above. So if things do go pear shaped, we've got ways we want to deal with that. Obviously, we don't *want* to pull out any of the "Break Glass" scenario folders.
  • The only my rooster who could defeat him would be the invisible woman and having much luck. My professor X is still quite weak to use. Just getting invisible to knock this guy right now.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    The black hole has other ways to be destroyed, not matchable and all but does it mean it is still colored? If it was a totally unique tile, not like a CD on top of a basic tile for example, you would obviously not have another two of the same tile to match it.
  • Thought Galactus would be first 5* icon_question.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    iwolfiii wrote:
    Thought Galactus would be first 5* icon_question.gif

    Galactus will be the first 6* which will be released right before the 3rd Anniversary
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    If Galactus appears I want Death added. With her design from Deadpool game. And I want Deadpool to have synergy with his "Bony Muffin" XD
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Deilinvega wrote:
    If Galactus appears I want Death added. With her design from Deadpool game. And I want Deadpool to have synergy with his "Bony Muffin" XD

    Back off, Lady Death is MINE! icon_twisted.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    Deilinvega wrote:
    If Galactus appears I want Death added. With her design from Deadpool game. And I want Deadpool to have synergy with his "Bony Muffin" XD
    Back off, Lady Death is MINE! icon_twisted.gif
    Does she know it? Because seems you are in her friendzone.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Deilinvega wrote:
    If Galactus appears I want Death added. With her design from Deadpool game. And I want Deadpool to have synergy with his "Bony Muffin" XD
    Back off, Lady Death is MINE! icon_twisted.gif
    Does she know it? Because seems you are in her friendzone.
    you're gonna get attacked by a level 450 Thanos in PVP soon, and you'll know why icon_lol.gif