***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

1235717

Comments

  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    He is strong sure but he looks like he will be super slow. 8k damage is pretty weak sure it is cheap but 8k is pretty laughable. What is scary is his match damage 500+ on two colors. But he cant be purchased and there is always the skip button. Punisher will be very nice against him. As will blade spaming the board with purple attack tiles.

    But in actuality he does not look that scary to play against except that huge HP pool
  • This is picture summarizes my reaction to reading the Silver Surfer's stats and abilities

    over9000-620x.jpg
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    He is strong sure but he looks like he will be super slow. 8k damage is pretty weak sure it is cheap but 8k is pretty laughable. What is scary is his match damage 500+ on two colors. But he cant be purchased and there is always the skip button. Punisher will be very nice against him. As will blade spaming the board with purple attack tiles.

    But in actuality he does not look that scary to play against except that huge HP pool

    Okay, a couple issues with your analysis.

    1) That 500+ match damage, that is PER TILE, meaning he does 1.5k damage a turn with matches alone.

    2) 8k for only 7 AP is not that weak, considering the fact that it is on a character that can charge tiles and has an AP generating move with his black. He will also have ample time to get it off with such huge health, multiple times. You cannot even stun him to stop it.

    3) He can heal 14k HP. Imagine getting him down low enough to use Punisher on him, and then he heals back up another 14k.

    He cannot be stunned, generates AP for himself along with charged tiles, and does huge damage. I don't see how anyone can not think he is crazy good.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 5,407 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mutant is right. At full covers he is stupid good compared to every existing character in the game.

    But that's the point. He is intended to be that much better, and 5*s are intended to take over the game. 8k for 7ap will destroy any 4* quick (especially with no stuns and so generation), but other 5*s will have even higher health, so we will have to adjust our current perceptions of "strong" damage abilities.
  • He is strong sure but he looks like he will be super slow. 8k damage is pretty weak sure it is cheap but 8k is pretty laughable. What is scary is his match damage 500+ on two colors. But he cant be purchased and there is always the skip button. Punisher will be very nice against him. As will blade spaming the board with purple attack tiles.

    But in actuality he does not look that scary to play against except that huge HP pool
    you forgot the part where you say he's easily beatable by:

    Loki + Character icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    5:blackflag: gives you 20APs/turn...
    Th4r and SS icon_rolleyes.gif Just terrible
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Guys, want to give me donations to pay me for the 6.5 hours minimum it will take me to make my next video to demonstrate how hard it is to buy Silver Surfer from tokens? I calculated that it takes about 1.5 minutes to open a 40 pack on Steam by clicking with my mouse, at least the first pack before my wrist gets tired. So you get 1 legendary token per 40 pack. You need 20 legendary tokens for 1 SS if odds are average, could be much longer. So ignoring the time it takes to open 20 legendary tokens, let's put it at 1.5x20 40 packs = 30 minutes per Silver Surfer. There are 13 covers, so 13x30 = 6.5 hours. Of course I could have good luck and do it faster, or bad luck and takes forever, but this seems like a realistic amount of time before I pull those covers. Hopefully no extras once I get one cover to 5.

    Also, HP cost is (20 40 packs x 13)= 11,400 (current heroic 40 pack) x 20 x 13 = 2,964,000 HP.

    $100=20k HP
    2964000/20000=148.2*$100=$14,820.

    (My actual time to open the cover pack is faster, but I am estimating fatigue and then having to look closely to make sure I don't sell Silver Surfer by mistake).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Guys, want to give me donations to pay me for the 6.5 hours minimum it will take me to make my next video to demonstrate how hard it is to buy Silver Surfer from tokens? I calculated that it takes about 1.5 minutes to open a 40 pack on Steam by clicking with my mouse, at least the first pack before my wrist gets tired. So you get 1 legendary token per 40 pack. You need 20 legendary tokens for 1 SS if odds are average, could be much longer. So ignoring the time it takes to open 20 legendary tokens, let's put it at 1.5x20 40 packs = 30 minutes per Silver Surfer. There are 13 covers, so 13x30 = 6.5 hours. Of course I could have good luck and do it faster, or bad luck and takes forever, but this seems like a realistic amount of time before I pull those covers. Hopefully no extras once I get one cover to 5.

    Also, HP cost is (20 40 packs x 13)= 11,400 (current heroic 40 pack) x 20 x 13 = 2,964,000 HP.

    $100=20k HP
    2964000/20000=148.2*$100=$14,820.

    (My actual time to open the cover pack is faster, but I am estimating fatigue and then having to look closely to make sure I don't sell Silver Surfer by mistake).

    Well, I dont think devs expect anybody to spend 15k $ and 7 hours of your own time to max him in one day, there may be one or two millionaires playing this game that will use their butler to open them and max him on thursday icon_razz.gif but it is normal that devs have not considered any of this. And they should not, this is a very extreme case scenario. Normal people will need months to max him. Hell If I can have a SS 1/1/1 on the first month I would be extremely pleased!

    SS is crazy good compared with 4s, I dont know how good will it be against Thanos (because he is going to be one of the other two 5s icon_razz.gif) or any other 5. We need to wait and see...
  • Polares wrote:
    I dont know how good will it be against Thanos (because he is going to be one of the other two 5s icon_razz.gif) or any other 5.

    I think you need to PM me. Sounds like you....."know" something.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I dont know how good will it be against Thanos (because he is going to be one of the other two 5s icon_razz.gif) or any other 5.

    I think you need to PM me. Sounds like you....."know" something.

    Well I was sure Thanos was going to be the first 5 sooo... But now I am going to be right. Or maybe not. Yeah this time I am going to be right.

    It is the right time for cosmic MPQ, so Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock and Thanos icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I don't think they will be adding Thanos, because they seem to avoid villains a lot, and he isn't as popular. Also, they might be saving Thanos for the Infinity movie, assuming they last that long.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I don't think they will be adding Thanos, because they seem to avoid villains a lot, and he isn't as popular. Also, they might be saving Thanos for the Infinity movie, assuming they last that long.

    But the movie is like two years away, who knows if the game will be alive by then. And they can always create know Thanos (mad titan) as a 5, and then Thanos (infinity gauntlet) as a 6 when the movie comes out icon_razz.gif

    Thanos looks like a great alternative to Silver surfer.

    Anyway, what I wanted to say, is that we really dont know how good is going to be SS compared to other 5, until we see other 5s. Right now, 8k doesnt seem a lot against 60k hitpoints, but then of course maybe singularity is so good that we have 7AP any other frame...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bet is Thanos and Phoenix for the other two introductory 5*s, as those three are the most iconic cosmic-tier Marvel characters. We'll see!
  • My bet is Thanos and Phoenix for the other two introductory 5*s, as those three are the most iconic cosmic-tier Marvel characters. We'll see!
    silver surfer is a weird one(makes sense, but weird due to marvel's direction), but D3 has been pushing F4 lately - my bet goes with wherever the MCU takes us.

    That being said, I don't know of any "5 star" encounters we'll be getting from the MCU anytime soon(Thanos of course, but that's some time out. Apocalypse?)

    That and a little birdie told me...
  • I'm thinking Thanos, Phoenix, and Odin for the first round of 5*
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    As fun as this speculation is, let's leave this thread for Silver Surfer discussions. We don't want some poor guy 5 months from now looking through this thread for character discussion only to find 5 pages worth of future character release talk after those characters were already released.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    He is strong sure but he looks like he will be super slow. 8k damage is pretty weak sure it is cheap but 8k is pretty laughable. What is scary is his match damage 500+ on two colors. But he cant be purchased and there is always the skip button. Punisher will be very nice against him. As will blade spaming the board with purple attack tiles.

    But in actuality he does not look that scary to play against except that huge HP pool

    Okay, a couple issues with your analysis.

    1) That 500+ match damage, that is PER TILE, meaning he does 1.5k damage a turn with matches alone.

    2) 8k for only 7 AP is not that weak, considering the fact that it is on a character that can charge tiles and has an AP generating move with his black. He will also have ample time to get it off with such huge health, multiple times. You cannot even stun him to stop it.

    3) He can heal 14k HP. Imagine getting him down low enough to use Punisher on him, and then he heals back up another 14k.

    He cannot be stunned, generates AP for himself along with charged tiles, and does huge damage. I don't see how anyone can not think he is crazy good.

    funny point to add to to this is just doing the process of 3 red matches (unless you get match 4/5's) to get to cosmic beam and firing it is 12886 total damage which is like already 90% or more of most 4*s health
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to know if he can be sent as a teamup, and how many weeks it will take for him to come back. icon_e_smile.gif

    Also, if StarLord uses sleight of hand, what does he do with that black hole he just picked up?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker

    Also, if StarLord uses sleight of hand, what does he do with that black hole he just picked up?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4O-gStBEc
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    So yes, that means little 1* Storm (Modern) could blow up a Black Hole with a Lightning Strike.

    Neil deGrasse Tyson just shat the bed.