*** Gorgon ***

Options
124»

Comments

• mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Debiliating Slash effectively costs 5 AP because it gets rid of 5 AP against a rainbow team, and if you don't run a rainbow team the ability instead becomes "a chance to totally screw up whatever you're planning + decent damage".

That's terribly misleading. Comparable to saying Mohawk green only effectively costs 2 AP or less because you harvest 8 tiles plus the possible cascades.

If it costs 5 AP I should be able to spam it more like DP, Gamora and Loki's abilities one would think.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    I'm very confused with the OP and not remotely balanced talk. Are we facing the same Gorgon? Debilitating Slash does 282 damage/AP at level 166, the stun is a randomly placed 3 turn countdown, and his black is randomly placed and not particularly powerful given it is based on the number of characters still alive. By the time it would go off on defense without feeders, you likely downed at least 1 character.

I feel like you guys are facing ridiculously scaled ones due to having 270s and have a very biased opinion here based upon that. Having fought him pretty consistently at 166, even with feeders, I truly think he's in the usable category but not game breaking or OP. *shrugs*

Debiliating Slash effectively costs 5 AP because it gets rid of 5 AP against a rainbow team, and if you don't run a rainbow team the ability instead becomes "a chance to totally screw up whatever you're planning + decent damage". You might get lucky and have it drain TU, or it might drain green and you'd be pretty screwed on most green-based attack teams. The stun isn't much when the AI uses it because they don't try to protect it and ironically since he always gets purple feed, it's more likely that an available purple match is present when he uses Gorgon's Gaze, whereas if he had to collect that AP himself then there might not be very many matches left. Awaken The Hand does top tier attack tile damage if all the tiles are immediately destroyed, and if not it's a very strong nuke with some minor cascade potential. Also, while the damage hits hard enough to down most 3* tier characters, it's split into 3 waves which means it won't overkill a guy that's low on HP, and it even benefits multiple times if there are strike tiles out. Now those scenarios don't really matter while fighting him because he doesn't get paired up with anyone who can do strike tiles, and his scaling is usually high enough that you don't have to worry about overkill (because you're not coming back from a one hit kill move against high scaling).

I could see arguing an effective cost of 5 if it gave gorgon any ap or refunded any AP, but reducing the enemy team's ap isn't the same as gaining ap of your own. It costs gorgon 10 to cast th efirst time, and it costs 10 the second and third and fourth...
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    The daily quest today confirmed that Gorgon is a 4*. If you notice, at the end of the 3* guantlet, they always have one character who is a 4*. There were two other 3*s today, and Gorgon. Has to be a 4*.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wirius wrote:
    The daily quest today confirmed that Gorgon is a 4*. If you notice, at the end of the 3* guantlet, they always have one character who is a 4*. There were two other 3*s today, and Gorgon. Has to be a 4*.
    Maybe he'll be the 2nd anniversary novelty giveaway...
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    wirius wrote:
    His card showed he was a 3*, last time I checked. Of course, they've changed that in the past (like with Devil Dino) so it's certainly possible they're going to make him a 4* when they release him. It would make sense with the "leader" aspect of 4*'s.
  • I checked the DDQ node today and his portrait still shows 3*s.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm.... October 3rd is coming in just a month now.

Fingers crossed for Gorgon to finally get his public release, though more insanely cheap tokens with awesome prizes and 20 person Lightning Rounds with top 10 being Gold Tokens would be exciting with or without a new release.