*** Gorgon ***

Options
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
61RoNrWQ8ML.jpg
At Level MAX: HP 10200 Tile damage: 11/79/13/70/13/61/ 4.5

Debilitating Slash redtile.png 10 AP

Gorgon mercilessly slashes at his enemy's weak point, disabling them. Deal 2820 to the target and destroy 5Ap from a random color.

Gorgon's Gaze purpletile.png 8AP

Gorgon lowers his glasses and turns his petrifying gace on his foes. Place a 3-turn Countdown tile that stuns the target for 6 turns

Awaken The Hand blacktile.png 10AP

Gorgon Laugh maniacally as the battlefield fill with Hand ninja. Create 3 3-turn Red Countdown tiles that deal 566 damage for each non-Downed ally. If matched
creates a strength 273 attack tile.

Comments

• The only Gorgon I'll recognize:

f61e7126393c0a9bcc5165dede330f39.jpg
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only one I'll recognize:
    Q1Lyxtp.jpg
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 turns to take off sunglasses! great ability design icon_e_smile.gif

Any info on cover levels?
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    With his other abilities, a 6 turn stun on 8 ap can easily cost someone a match. In the PVE, my first battle against him downed him easily (22 blue AP meant wolvie died right after double windstorm casts, and gorgon never moved again before speed shot dropped him) and I didn't even realize he was a villian, I'd just thought it was another goon. Then the next runthrough, he thrashed Stormneto with M.hawk, and it took 3 more tries with different teams and all healthpacks just to get the node done. Knowing what to expect might make it easier in future clears, but it looks like a node that you aren't coming out of unscathed too often.

...of course being fed the proper AP by goons does tend to make any character seem a lot tougher... but first impression
  • There's something seriously wrong with his purple power since it doesn't do something weird and actually does something useful at a reasonable cost.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At level 149: HP 9163 Tile Damage: 10/72/11/64/12/56/4.5

Red: 2941
    Black: 590 per ally; 286 attack tile if matched
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    3 turns to take off sunglasses! great ability design icon_e_smile.gif

Any info on cover levels?

Deal with it.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I know red ability states random color, but that really means the color that would have just made winning the match possible. He was especially mean during my pm node clearing...
  • After fighting him, I'm wondering if he's even meant to be a usable character for players. After all the announcement of the next character is Luke Cage even though Gorgon already appeared here. He's got Thor class HP, 4.5X crit modifier, and all 3 of his ability are top notch (though not broken) and when you put all that together, that just doesn't seem like it's a character that was ever intended to be fair.
  • turul
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    After fighting him, I'm wondering if he's even meant to be a usable character for players. After all the announcement of the next character is Luke Cage even though Gorgon already appeared here. He's got Thor class HP, 4.5X crit modifier, and all 3 of his ability are top notch (though not broken) and when you put all that together, that just doesn't seem like it's a character that was ever intended to be fair.

He may become a teaser, but i think its unlikely he wont be released sometime.
  • I think they'll release him, but a little further down the pipe, which I'm totally okay with. They could just release him now, but then we'd have even faster new characters to keep up with, which I don't think anyone wants. Them having ideas and not releasing them as they're finished is okay in my book. Was something of a surprise to be sure though when I saw that he was a 3* with cover art and everything in game. My best guess is releasing Luke Cage first because of other commercial tie ins and having Gorgon next.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would have preferred his look from Secret Warriors:

Secret_Warriors_Vol_1_21_Textless.jpg

Gorgon's_return.png

You can see bigger versions of these images if you open them in a new tab/window. Looks like wikia's server feeds smaller versions when you display them in a page.

Side note: Secret Warriors was awesome.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they'll release him, but a little further down the pipe, which I'm totally okay with. They could just release him now, but then we'd have even faster new characters to keep up with, which I don't think anyone wants. Them having ideas and not releasing them as they're finished is okay in my book. Was something of a surprise to be sure though when I saw that he was a 3* with cover art and everything in game. My best guess is releasing Luke Cage first because of other commercial tie ins and having Gorgon next.

I actually like the idea that they are releasing Elektra and Gorgon in their pve, with Elektra as the protagonist and Gorgon as antagonist. It makes sense that we can't play him as he is the antagonist.

I hope they do that in the future for all characters, with their own pve event. But I highly doubt so.
  • turul
    Options
    Gorgon will be winnable probably on rerun...
  • Phantron wrote:
    After fighting him, I'm wondering if he's even meant to be a usable character for players. After all the announcement of the next character is Luke Cage even though Gorgon already appeared here. He's got Thor class HP, 4.5X crit modifier, and all 3 of his ability are top notch (though not broken) and when you put all that together, that just doesn't seem like it's a character that was ever intended to be fair.

He might get Devil Dino treatment. I'm scared if he makes it to playable as-is.

Luke Cage next character? I'm always behind in this game...
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the past, has there been an active (non-mook) opponent who hasn't been available, even later, for recruitment?
  • In the past, has there been an active (non-mook) opponent who hasn't been available, even later, for recruitment?

devil dino
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gorgon 169lvl stats similar to 166 lvl

1. Red 3236 Dmg + Destroy 5 Random ap
    2. Purple same
    3. Black 649 dmg for non-donwned ally or 314 attack tiles
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

He might get Devil Dino treatment. I'm scared if he makes it to playable as-is.

Luke Cage next character? I'm always behind in this game...

Yeah his base stats are just too good to be playable. Sure there has been more broken characters in the past but I can see how devs thought some of the old abilities are balanced when they're not. In the case of Gorgon, none of his ability is fair to begin with. Now that's probably better to have some built-in unfairness for an equivalent 'boss' character, as opposed to say someone like Daken or Ares who is designed to be fair but turned out to be anything but when they've boss-like levels. Since Gorgon is a 3* he won't get any unreasonable scaling but he obviously has a huge edge on all his attributes built in to make him always threatening.
  • By the way, it seems like Unleash the Hand counts himself as an ally?