*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    You aren't defending your doctoral thesis every time you post RBM. Just post an opinion and move on.

I like the 355 so I can pair her with PX and IF. But I see 535 as good with a lot of people.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Wow I came to this thread to see how to build SW since the nerf. I have her 4,4,5 to try out more purple but I don't know if I really like her purple. 2100 AOE and a 5 turn stun just feels light. On the other hand 5 in green gives to potential to destroy any enemy tile but it is random. When I run her with another purple user I use her green to target the last 1-2 AP needed to fire an another ability like ALOT this week. I think the biggest issue in deciding her build is neither purple nor green are great. Some people say 5,3,5 because you at least get more damage and the longer stun, and others say 3,5,5 because she is support for greater purple abilities.
    I am starting to hate SW because I can decide how to build her. I am leaning towards straight support, I just wish at level 5 her green could start targeted on CD and Ultron tiles.

Sincerely confused

I believe that the somewhat lowish damage on her purple is offset if you have 5 in blue as well since you'll generate so much purple. Typically, you'll be able to use Reality Crush twice in a match rather easily without even focusing on gathering purple.

I like her green at 5 covers too but the fact that you cannot directly target the tile you want to destroy (mostly CD tiles) just makes it pretty bad for me. It's too random and ends up being unreliable.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally attained my 13th Scarlet Witch cover today thanks to the PvE final progression award, wheeee! That brings Miss Wanda to 5/5/3. I think she's a lot of fun, though if coverfall is kind I will probably try to take her to 4/5/4 and play around with that build for a while. That still gives a nice damage boost on purple, while shortening the blue countdown to three instead of four. I do not plan to take green below five, due to the number of times it has saved my bacon by taking out horrible enemy countdowns for me. Blue has been quite useful even at just three covers, so I imagine the jump to four will be a pleasant improvement.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    I have 66k points in Heroic right now and I'm exclusively running Gamora Witch and IF whenever possible. That's a decent number of matches. These 3 happen to be buffed and they are pretty much fully covered. IF is missing 1 green. I also wanted to know what happens when I take a recently respecced 535 Witch and pair her up with a strong pink user. Since all 3 have pretty bad greens, it would also be a good test to see if I would miss losing 5 in her green.

The original game plan was to feed Witch to IF and then feed IF to Gamora for super fast strike tiles. I found that that happens in less than half of the matches. Gamora was tanking all 3 of her colors and so her strike tiles were really nice. Yet if I got an early influx of pink in a match, I often used the pink for Reality Crush instead (either because low yellow/red tiles available or I just wanted to) and I was always happy with the result. I never felt cheated out of my strike tiles. I also learned that a 5 turn stun is a really, really long stun.

Against Juggernaut, most times I used up all pink to punch him to death and I never felt my Witch was being wasteful. Having all these options made this heroic a smooth ride. 355 would not have provided me the same. No one uses Hex Bolt to randomly destroy a countdown that you could easily match away. If you're Hex Bolting a countdown, it means you're desperate and when I was desperate and each time it failed on me, it felt bad. As of now I am happy with 535.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    To add on to the diverse opinion of optimal build, I like my 535 SW. Reality crush can be a game changer, and I use it not for the dmg, but for the 5 turn stun. I often pair SW with GT, and Reality Crush and Power Surge allows me to keep the opponent stun for multiple turns. Hence I often use Reality Crush in the this manner:
    1) Reality crush. Random stun 1 enemy 2) Power Surge another enemy. 3) Smite the third killing it. 3 free turns. Which means 1 more activation of her Arcane incantation. Which leads in to more reality crush.

There are currently no other characters that causes 5 turns of stun. I think it is best to optimise it.

I did have 4 greens before, but it was too random, I can't depend on it to clear the enemy tile when I needed it to. So I will stick to the 5 purple.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Wow I came to this thread to see how to build SW since the nerf. I have her 4,4,5 to try out more purple but I don't know if I really like her purple. 2100 AOE and a 5 turn stun just feels light. On the other hand 5 in green gives to potential to destroy any enemy tile but it is random. When I run her with another purple user I use her green to target the last 1-2 AP needed to fire an another ability like ALOT this week. I think the biggest issue in deciding her build is neither purple nor green are great. Some people say 5,3,5 because you at least get more damage and the longer stun, and others say 3,5,5 because she is support for greater purple abilities.
    I am starting to hate SW because I can decide how to build her. I am leaning towards straight support, I just wish at level 5 her green could start targeted on CD and Ultron tiles.

Sincerely confused

I believe that the somewhat lowish damage on her purple is offset if you have 5 in blue as well since you'll generate so much purple. Typically, you'll be able to use Reality Crush twice in a match rather easily without even focusing on gathering purple.

I like her green at 5 covers too but the fact that you cannot directly target the tile you want to destroy (mostly CD tiles) just makes it pretty bad for me. It's too random and ends up being unreliable.

Plus, if you've got yourself down to just one opponent left, then the 5 turn stun basically ends the game anyway as you'll usually wipe off the rest of the health in 5 turns.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    No one uses Hex Bolt to randomly destroy a countdown that you could easily match away. If you're Hex Bolting a countdown, it means you're desperate and when I was desperate and each time it failed on me, it felt bad. As of now I am happy with 535.

Case in point

blacktile.pngpurplecrit.pngblacktile.png
    blacktile.pngecountdown.pngblacktile.png

This happened twice. Placed Hexbolt on the side where the crit is.
    CD is down to one.
    Hits every other tile apart from the CD. It's almost like it's mocking you.

I have 452, just the way the tokens fell so it's going to be a while before DDQ can respec her properly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    5 in blue is only requirement for scarlet witch as u can see

Where is the evidence for 355 you speak of?
    SW+Kingpin in a longer match
    SW+Deadpool+ BP/Fury
    SW+Antman

Basically anywhere you want to generated Pink for another user who doesn't use green. Most people would probably use 535 though.
    wow evidence showed up right after you posted it upvoted
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does. Are you sure you did not mean "examples" instead of "evidence"?
    Also, this seems like good reading...
    atomzed wrote:
    There are currently no other characters that causes 5 turns of stun. I think it is best to optimise it.
    Well, there's Classic Storm and Modern Black Widow, but in three-star land and above you are right. Those two are a lot squishier than Wanda too...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you guys ever team SW with Deadpool? I maxed out Deadpool's whale attack today and I was think SW would feed it well with her pink generation.
  • Would you guys ever team SW with Deadpool? I maxed out Deadpool's whale attack today and I was think SW would feed it well with her pink generation.
    I think that people who uses 535 do not pair her with DP or gsbw. To not say a word about gsbw SW PX.
  • Ruinate
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Would you guys ever team SW with Deadpool? I maxed out Deadpool's whale attack today and I was think SW would feed it well with her pink generation.
    I think that people who uses 535 do not pair her with DP or gsbw. To not say a word about gsbw SW PX.

You don't need 5 in green to pair her with DP, Gsbw, KK, KP, IF etc. Doubling up purple is ok.
    Much like you don't need 5 in yellow to pair Cyc with GT HB DD or Lcap. Doubling up red is ok.

As a feeder 355 is better like you said. I think having the option to stun for 5 turns, is better than making her feeding optimal. Her ability to feed does not go down much when you only have 3 in green.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer 5/3/5 and I've had her this way for a while, originally had more Green since it's how the covers fell, but found that I had better uses for Green, and her green never seemed to hit the tiles I wanted unless they were in the corners and the ai had no choice but to reluctantly take the special tiles.

I use her with IF, and she is a feeder, with her Purple being the backup power in case I need to AoE and Stun someone. If AI gets an early cascade and I don't have 12 black yet, I'm better off using SW purple to damage all and stun someone to limit the incoming Specials against me, than generating some black tiles that still won't help me salvage the match. I currently have IF at 5/5/3 (may respec him after Hood PVP) and his green is more helpful than hers.

My go-to team is Groot (5/3/5), SW (5/3/5) and IF (5/5/3). I have 3 greens to choose from depending on the situation, I have 2 purples to choose from depending on the situation, and I have Groot's strike tiles to generate which help a LOT, and nobody to use up the Black AP guaranteeing that once I hit 12 Black AP, IF is hitting as hard as he can every time. Groot tanks Yellow (which is important for him) and Blue and TU... don't remember if he tanks red or not.

She is a purple battery no matter if you choose 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. The first two covers do not effect the 3rd. The first two covers are completely open to personal preference.

A roofing hammer and a framing hammer are both hammers and both drive in nails, but each one is slightly different and effective in different ways depending on whether you are roofing or framing. (if anyone uses hammers anymore icon_lol.gif )
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213

Any character who uses pink/purple as an attack will benefit from SW. Deadpool, Dr Doom, Fist, Jean Grey, etc. I love SW. Building a second one.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:

My SW is 454 because, RNG. I personally use Her with DP and LCap on goon nodes and the big Enchilada.

You can spend your AP collecting time strictly on shields and the purple AP just happens.

Additionally, you have your match 4's generating some additional AP and Hex Bolt filling in the blanks. If SW's countdown auto matches blue then no problem. Use it for Peacemaker.

I have also found that Hex Bolt does decent enough work to remove countdowns, though it is unreliable. You can't count on it, but I've also had it hit 2 or 3 randomly.

This is probably not the best team for goons, but I was getting bored and who doesn't love Whales!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

My SW is 454 because, RNG. I personally use Her with DP and LCap on goon nodes and the big Enchilada.

You can spend your AP collecting time strictly on shields and the purple AP just happens.

Additionally, you have your match 4's generating some additional AP and Hex Bolt filling in the blanks. If SW's countdown auto matches blue then no problem. Use it for Peacemaker.

I have also found that Hex Bolt does decent enough work to remove countdowns, though it is unreliable. You can't count on it, but I've also had it hit 2 or 3 randomly.

This is probably not the best team for goons, but I was getting bored and who doesn't love Whales!
    Hmm. Now I want to try Wanda, Steve and Hood together...
  • Ruinate
    Building a second one.

I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF. Why didn't I think of this? icon_e_sad.gif I've thrown so many extas away!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Hmm. Now I want to try Wanda, Steve and Hood together...

I used that team during her launch PvP event when she was still missing a few covers/levels. It's a fun team that I highly recommend. It's got great synergy, and the only double-up on active powers is yellow which you can afford to ignore or simply collect it slowly from cascades, etc.
  • I did want a 3/5/5 Wanda once due actual game experience feeling that her Green was pretty good. Turns out it was just good enough because it was twice as strong as intended, sigh...

Going 5/3/5 now. I still think her Purple damage is meh and stun being random very bad. And you don't really want to use AoE when only final guy stands up. But damn if that stun at the end of the match can be real clutch sometimes. At that point you usually have remaining enemy that is very close launching his special/tu, 5 turn breather where you can load up to fill your other powers can be life(pack)saver.

Characters I use most to team with her - Khan, GSBW, IF - also tend to bring way better Green already (with IF being just slightly better). If Green would be targetable at cds at 5 I could see it being better, but right now it's so random I can only treat is as 'spend 8 greentile.png to get 1 any colour of your choosing'.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get it, the character description technically doesn't say that her blue tile will get placed in a random location, but this should be implicit in all abilities of this nature. It clearly isn't random. If it were, it would get placed in a corner once every 16 times, but instead it happens more than twice as often as that. This isn't confirmation bias. That's what it does.

And besides, just as you fixed Punisher's green so that it stops getting placed on an edge and not destroying the promised number of tiles, SW's blue at 5 covers should NEVER BE PLACED IN A CORNER, because we're promised that 5 tiles will be converted, and when placed in a corner, that can't happen.

Can someone with red type please comment on this?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a fix that should happen. Every other randomly-placed countdown that likes to screw us over by showing up in a corner has to appear on a tile of a certain color, so (in theory) I know the risks when I cast Magnetic Flux with an open red in a corner. Arcane Incantation just lands somewhere, like the old-style Mutagenic Breakthrough tile that sucked so very much.