*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Veey interesting character consider that even if AI match his own DD ability tile they r shift instead of getting destroy.
    Will be interested who will he match to max his ability.

We need more interesting characters to play around! icon_e_smile.gif
  • bongo king wrote:
    If both teams have daredevil can yousee all trap tiles? If not why.

Why? Considering he is blind I'm shocked we can see the traps our Daredevils make.
  • TRAP.this is new style of play. and this is definitely most interesting hero i've seen so far.inducing fear to the enemy team icon_lol.gif
    if the trap matched by urself , it doesn't destroyed, but instead change location. red and environment trap is good. especially AI loves to match env tiles. only work best at blue/red hero...and cascading
  • TRAP.this is new style of play. and this is definitely most interesting hero i've seen so far.inducing fear to the enemy team icon_lol.gif
    if the trap matched by urself , it doesn't destroyed, but instead change location. red and environment trap is good. especially AI loves to match env tiles. only work best at blue/red hero...and cascading

Yeah, he seems pretty awesome. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and a lot more unique abilities coming our way.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    O God...what you could do with 12 blue ap and a magneto. 7 to get the blue tile down, matches all give +1 blue so as long as you don't get a blue in a weird corner alone you will be using his blue even longer than usual. Match 5s now build ap...match 4s are even as long as you are matching the blue tile of course).

That red damage is pretty intense for an opponent match as well.

Overall though, he probably will be worrisome to play against if you play a high level one without buffs but generally his skills are not passives and so it takes him too ling imo to really become a problem. While his def is still one of the better ones at a glance I don't know how great his others moves really will be. In a way, like doom, he isn't bad it just takes so long for him to rev up. .his abilities are based on the machine lucking into matching your tile ftp do the real damage too so that's a lot of time between placing the tile and activation. As an irritating third to cover purple he will probably work fine though. Not everyone should be a tank or a cannon.

I like them adding new layers to a game that is honestly a bit tiring given how much I've played the last 2 months. So daredevil is much appreciated.
    Yeah, hopefully one of the upgrades is -1 AP to get his red and blue down to 6 AP casts

Yeah, he seems pretty awesome. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and a lot more unique abilities coming our way.
    I hope when they roll out a telepath that they'll have a passive that allows him/her to see trap tiles (along with something else that's less conditional in its usefulness).
  • after trap. we need status debuff abilities,poison abilities,reflect damage,mind control that would be awesome.
    scarlet witch abilities maybe?
  • after trap. we need status debuff abilities,poison abilities,reflect damage,mind control that would be awesome.
    scarlet witch abilities maybe?

Wanda is tough, first thing that comes to mind for her is Loki's purple.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forge wrote:
    TRAP.this is new style of play. and this is definitely most interesting hero i've seen so far.inducing fear to the enemy team icon_lol.gif

I hope when they roll out a telepath that they'll have a passive that allows him/her to see trap tiles (along with something else that's less conditional in its usefulness).
    Maybe make it so it doesn't set stuff off? Trap tiles, bullseye/draken, maybe even the hulks passive?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Forge wrote:
    TRAP.this is new style of play. and this is definitely most interesting hero i've seen so far.inducing fear to the enemy team icon_lol.gif

Maybe make it so it doesn't set stuff off? Trap tiles, bullseye/draken, maybe even the hulks passive?

That would be cool.

Psychic Confusion - 10 blue ap
    [insert telepath name here] confuses the opposition. Converts a random tile to a confusion tile of the same color. While the tile is on the board enemies cannot use their passive abilities during your team's turn.
    Level 2: While the tile is on the board enemy traps are clearly marked.
    Level 3: Costs 1 less ap
    Level 4: While the tile is on the board enemies cannot use their passive abilities.
    Level 5: While the tile is on the board enemy passives which create/alter tiles will benefit your team.
  • that would break a lot of characters
  • I'm curious what happens if the tile was destroyed as collatoral damage from a match 4, do you still get the trap effect?

While nobody has this character yet (I imagine we'll see him once the total score reaches the required amount), I'd assume if you had him on both side you'd be able to see your own traps but not the enemy's traps. Anything else wouldn't make sense.
  • From my point of view, he seems too.... gimmicky. Trap tiles may be nice, and invisible to your enemy is nice, but tile destruction is rampant enough in the game to warrant not using him. Even without actually seeing the tiles, you can still have the odds with you in destroying them without matching. 4 of a kinds, 5 of a kinds in a line, plus character tile destruction such as BWGS sniper shot, both storms green abilities (or m storms red for dd's purple) for example.

That being said, I can also see the trap tiles becoming inconsistent and unreliable. Obviously, with a 7 AP cost, these are meant to be just thrown out there en masse. However, how useful is two Blue stuns gonna be right next to each other in the same match? Or through some bit of bad luck, all 3 in a potential match unexpectantly for the enemy to match. Stuns don't stack, so it becomes wasted AP.

Next problem, or concern rather, that I have is what affect will tile generation have on the trap tile? For instance (again), BWGS purple skill allows you to turn up to 6 chosen basic tiles into green tiles. Does this have a "minesweeper" effect and because it's considered a special tile, you won't be able to change it and know where it is? Or will you be able to change it, and will that destroy the trap tiles effects?

Edit: As a final concern is the inadvertent warning to the trap tiles. Obviously, when the ability is used, you will know what color to stay away from, and just destroy them some other way than matching. While this isn't possible 100% of the time, I think there is enough skill capable players in the game that workarounds can and probably will happen.

First blush says he doesn't seem like a good 3 star, especially since none of his abilities are really "on demand", and will end up the Modern Hawkeye of 3 star characters. Time will tell though, and I hope he can move beyond my initial thoughts.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious as to how his tiles work in a cascade.

If his bomb triggers and kills the last opponent does the damage continue? What if it stuns the opponent?

Cascade insurance would be nice
  • Eddiemon wrote:

If his bomb triggers and kills the last opponent does the damage continue? What if it stuns the opponent?

I don't see why it'd stop a cascade. When your opponent is dead, your cascades still keep going too. You can't physically have 3 (or more) tiles of the same color on the board together without it blowing up, so it should still resolve.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Both good questions. Another from an off. Cascade perspective is what happens if you match a blue and then cause a cascade...do you get the first match and then a new tile is added at the end of the cascade or right after the tile is destroyed by your match?

Side note: so is one of daredevil's goals to match him with strong tile users (spidey for def and a wolverine for att) and force them to either bite the bullet or leave strike/protect tiles on the board? I still don't see him as enough of a deterrent. They should have made his purple a passive ability that creates one hidden tile on the board every turn to fill the board with up to 2-3 of these tiles and each tile matched stole 1-2 ap. Lvl 3 max of 2 on board at a time and 1 ap. Lvl 4 max 2 steals 2 ap all. Lvl 4 max 3 tiles on board. Now THAT I would be afraid of fighting. Without it being passive the purple takes too long to be viable considering for the same purple cost you can steal ap straight up with a widow.

We need max abilities/stats to truely know how good bad mediocre he is though.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Both good questions. Another from an off. Cascade perspective is what happens if you match a blue and then cause a cascade...do you get the first match and then a new tile is added at the end of the cascade or right after the tile is destroyed by your match?

If it works the same way as other passives that trigger from a match, and I don't see why it wouldn't, then the trap will be able to move while cascading.

1. Red match occurs.
    2. Red trap activates, kills the current target, moves to a different tile.
    3. The match triggers a cascade, which ends up matching the new trap tile.
    4. Red trap activates again, etc.
  • Such a creative hero, it totally matched the stalking predator vigilantee type he is
  • I can't wait to get my hands on this fella. Any new and potentially fun dynamic is a great addition
  • Psychic Confusion - 10 blue ap
    [insert telepath name here] confuses the opposition. Converts a random tile to a confusion tile of the same color. While the tile is on the board enemies cannot use their passive abilities during your team's turn.
    Level 2: While the tile is on the board enemy traps are clearly marked.
    Level 3: Costs 1 less ap
    Level 4: While the tile is on the board enemies cannot use their passive abilities.
    Level 5: While the tile is on the board enemy passives which create/alter tiles will benefit your team.

So you say Volverine forgets to regenerate due to confusion? doesn't make much sense in general.

But it could stop counter tiles instead or make them count up even.