*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

1235747

Comments

  • He's red got owned by Daken. It's overriden by the srike tiles and does not trigger any damage. icon_e_sad.gif
  • hurculeshurcules Age Unconfirmed Posts: 519
    In which case, Modern Storm's black ability is his trap tiles' natural enemy.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    I'll await (or do, if I get a chance) further testing, but I doubt Wolverine or Daken can overwrite them. They write their strike tiles onto an open basic red only, which is basically how Wolverine wrecks Daken or vice versa.
    I played one of the prologue missions with Daken in it and his Strikes were overwriting. There's a little "Trap Disarmed!" that pops up over the tile.
    Ew. Ok, so a new **Wolverine sitting on about 12-18 red can basically forget the red traps exist. Won't help AI Wolverine much, but gives players using him one fairly easy out.

    Anyone confirmed a match-3 caused by Gravity Warp triggers them? I would assume so, but think I'll check. Can only trigger my own, though, because if I wait for the AI to use Gravity Warp properly by accident I'll get back to you in April.

    Edit: it does, unsurprisingly. Also got a Muscle to trigger one and stun himself from a cascade off his Tommy Gun, which was tactically questionable, but amusing.

    Does the trap count as a special tile that can be moved by Gravity Warp?
  • Radar SenseEdit
    Purple 11 AP
    Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates an Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match.
    Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match.
    Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match.
    Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.

    EqualizerEdit
    Blue 7 AP
    Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns.
    Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns.
    Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns.
    Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.

    AmbushEdit
    Red 7 AP
    Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 473 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match.
    Level 3: # damage on enemy match.
    Level 4: # damage on enemy match.
    Level 5: # damage on enemy match.

    Max Level: Enemy takes 7712 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match
  • i can see the future replacement for spidey already... but this is still incomplete as it is impossible to stun more than 5 turn lol
    and the red damage match... my god... 70k damage on enemy match literally overkill i must said icon_lol.gif
    still its kinda of funny wiki wrote it hehe
  • gosuGANK wrote:
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Daredevil_(Man_Without_Fear)

    tl;dr Max Level: Enemy match deals 7712 damage / Player match deals 148 damage to enemy

    That can't be legit.
    Looks more like someone just did a straight-line linear interpretation of his level 1->2 covers.

    Looks like he's a 5/3/5 guy though, unless the blue stun goes to an all stun at max.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Does the trap count as a special tile that can be moved by Gravity Warp?
    Good question, but I can't check that with them both on the same team, because Gravity Warp has never moved allied tiles, it just falls back to the break one tile and do damage effect (which is more useful than most give it credit for if you're playing slowly enough to look for crit opportunities off it, but I digress). In the unlikely event I run into phantron's Patch/Moonstone/somebody PvP team he said he was trying I'll check there, but otherwise it'll have to wait until new PvE. She's always around, shouldn't be long. I assume she came out after the Prologue? Hadn't really registered her absence there, but can't find her in it.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Does the trap count as a special tile that can be moved by Gravity Warp?
    Good question, but I can't check that with them both on the same team, because Gravity Warp has never moved allied tiles, it just falls back to the break one tile and do damage effect (which is more useful than most give it credit for if you're playing slowly enough to look for crit opportunities off it, but I digress). In the unlikely event I run into phantron's Patch/Moonstone/somebody PvP team he said he was trying I'll check there, but otherwise it'll have to wait until new PvE. She's always around, shouldn't be long. I assume she came out after the Prologue? Hadn't really registered her absence there, but can't find her in it.

    When I use Gravity Warp with allied countdown tiles and no other special tiles in play, it moves the tile, then destroys it. Pretty bad interaction, but I was wondering if it would cause a respawn if it destroyed Daredevil's tiles this way.

    Edit: By the way, I haven't used Moonstone recently, so for all I know they've fixed this bug.
  • I'm thinking 5/3/5 - the way his blue works, going from 4 to 6 turns is nice, but could be irrelevant, since you have very little control over when and by who the trap is triggered. Since it's the one color I don't have for him, it may be easier to use than I think, though.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    He's more of a niche player. too often his traps ended up in the corners and did nothing. His abilities should be a little cheaper so they can me used more often to make up for this. And the traps do go away when he dies.

    Loki could be a big help in that regard, but he overlaps with DD on purples. But DD's purple is his weakest ability.

    Patch, Loki, DD?

    Could work, but not much in the way of defense.

    Dare I suggest Loki/DD/IW? IW forces opponent to match your traps with her bubbles...?
  • darkmagearcanisdarkmagearcanis Age Unconfirmed Posts: 401
    starsrift wrote:
    gosuGANK wrote:
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Daredevil_(Man_Without_Fear)

    tl;dr Max Level: Enemy match deals 7712 damage / Player match deals 148 damage to enemy

    That can't be legit.
    Looks more like someone just did a straight-line linear interpretation of his level 1->2 covers.

    Looks like he's a 5/3/5 guy though, unless the blue stun goes to an all stun at max.

    This could be legit. If I did my math correctly for the red. Level 2 is a 28.5% increase in damage and level 3 is another 22.2%. So potentially he could reach that 7k damage. Mine is currently level 24 and his red does 930 damage on destruction.

    I agree with you though this guy is a 5/3/5 type of guy. This type of build is nothing but king in PVEs. If you build him 3/5/5 (or in my opinion 4/4/5 is better) he could do some serious damage in PVPs.
  • darkmagearcanisdarkmagearcanis Age Unconfirmed Posts: 401
    starsrift wrote:
    Dare I suggest Loki/DD/IW? IW forces opponent to match your traps with her bubbles...?

    That could work but I don't have an IW to test this.
  • 7000 damage for 7 AP? Sounds tempting, but I'll have to pass.
  • JurippeJurippe Age Unconfirmed Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I don't know about the rest of you. But when Daken matched my trap, I'm the one who took the damage.

    Quickly sifting through posts, everyone seems to think if the opponent activates the trap, damage, stun, AP steal goes to the enemy.
  • Dragon_NexusDragon_Nexus Posts: 3,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    By that I mean I set a red trap tile against Daken, one of us made a green match and it changed the trap to an attack tile, removing the trap completely.
    Is this working as intended? I would have thought either you can't change a trap, or changing it would activate it.

    I can understand a trap cleared in a line of 4 (but not part of the 4) would not activate it, that only makes sense. But removing the trap completely seems...off.
    I guess if changing a tile would activate it that would add some random chance element that using your Wolverine powers or Iron Man defenses would accidentally trip a trap off...but I could argue if we're doing puzzle based simulations of super hero battles, isn't that a likely scenario that a super would activate a trap as daredevil uses their own tactics against them?
  • ungassis wrote:
    He's red got owned by Daken. It's overriden by the srike tiles and does not trigger any damage. icon_e_sad.gif
    Jurippe wrote:
    I don't know about the rest of you. But when Daken matched my trap, I'm the one who took the damage.

    Quickly sifting through posts, everyone seems to think if the opponent activates the trap, damage, stun, AP steal goes to the enemy.


    So this guy is bugged with Daken, good job devs another buggy hero at town.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I played one of the prologue missions with Daken in it and his Strikes were overwriting. There's a little "Trap Disarmed!" that pops up over the tile.
    Oof. That's a HUGE counter, then.
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Not a fan of this guy. None of his abilities are guaranteed to trigger soon or ever. Blech.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure this guy is bad. His abilities just have a chance of doing nothing alot of the time. I dont think im going to work too hard to try and get his covers.
  • Another bit of info - Moonstone's purple doesn't move trap tile. I guess, if she crushed it, then it would activate.
Sign In or Register to comment.