*** Bullseye (Classic) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question, when i send out team ups, do they get purple or green?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Question, when i send out team ups, do they get purple or green?

It is totally random if you have at least 1 cover in each color.
  • Found out from the Gauntlet that Defense Grid into Lethal Improvisition it actually pretty good. Sure with Iron Fist having a chokehold on purple this isn't something you'd do, but it caught me by surprise when the first protect tile pumped out by Defense Grid gets turned into a 5K nuke.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I get that we're due a new character in the next couple days, but I'd rather Cletus limp back because Bullseye tossed a knife in the crack of his (explitive deleted).
    tumblr_m6qztq5JZ41rujq2eo1_1280.jpg

So who do you think works best with Bullseye?
  • ronin_san
    Daken and Cage synergize because of the propensity for purpletile.png fodder. You get an awful lot of stuff for Bullseye to take out. His purple becomes the main damage dealer, until you get 18 black. Contract Killer doesn't need to be maxed for him to be effective, but it makes Cage brutal.
    For this one, 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 are effective.

There are no color conflicts, too. It's nice. No one uses redtile.png , but you don't care.

Daken and Blade work because again, no one uses redtile.png . That leaves a lot of reds on the board, so Daken and Blade make purpletile.png fodder. And the greentile.png tiles that Daken takes out feed Bullseye's Deadly Precision. It plus strike tiles means big initial damage, some cascade damage, and some AP gains. For this one, I'd go 5/3/5.

Bullseye, Iron Fist, and Cage work because of the free fodder. There's color overlap and missing bluetile.png and redtile.png , but the ability to drop big damage is a no brainer. For this one, I'd go 5/5/3 with Bullseye.

Prof X, GSBW, and Bullseye work because when you match 5, The prof's freebies generate purple fodder as well as make greentile.png for Bullseye's Lethal Improvisation. There's a lot of color overlap and no use for blacktile.png AP, but the high burstability of GSBW to prof to Bullseye makes it a "how did that enemy die so quick" team. Let Bullseye get the greentile.png on this one, oddly enough. 5/3/5 or dare I say 3/5/5. Prof's going to town in this group, and clearly GSBW gets :purple priority:.

Thor has an obvious Green synergy with Bullseye, so a maxed out Thunder strike from Thor is a must. 5/5/3 so Thor can CtS. Hopefully you play smart and let Thor whittle and have Bullseye drop the final blow. 5/5/3 for Bullseye in this iteration.

Patch has an obvious synergy with Bullseye, in that B-man fills the Daredevil / Loki role of "how do I get rid of enemy ability tiles. His is cheaper than DD, too. 5/5/3. Patch gets the green affinity. It's fine. Bullseye mops up and drops a LOT of damage. I'd actually suggest 3/5/5 Patch with a 5/5/3 Bullseye, because B-man is fragile. Kamala is a good pair with them as a result.

C.Mags fits because his yellowtile.png makes a lot of fodder for Bullseye's purple. 5/5/3 or 5/3/5, which is contingent on the third party member. If Daken, 5/3/5. If IF, then 5/5/3.

For that same reason, Bird Strike from Falcon would be good AS A TEAM-UP. It's that in a team situation, you're using the same color and thus inefficient.
  • ronin_san
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=30352

Obligatory "Bullseye's best buds" thread link share.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man, Blade, Daken, Cage, and Fist will be the fastest characters to generate tiles for his purple. Spider-man, Cage, Daken being the only ones that don't directly conflict with him.

For green generation, those are pretty easy to figure out but I wouldn't prioritize his Green over his Purple.
  • Id we are talking PvP, Cage is a poor choice. I have spent the morning gleefully attacking Bullseye and Cage teams, as if they have much purple Bulls always over-writes Cage's protect tile.

It's not 100%, but it happens enough that I am, for once, attacking Cage teams. Last round it happened three turns in a row. Was quite funny.

Unless I am, missing something here of course.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Id we are talking PvP, Cage is a poor choice. I have spent the morning gleefully attacking Bullseye and Cage teams, as if they have much purple Bulls always over-writes Cage's protect tile.

It's not 100%, but it happens enough that I am, for once, attacking Cage teams. Last round it happened three turns in a row. Was quite funny.

Unless I am, missing something here of course.
    For a lv70 Bullseye, that's kinda pointless, but if he's leveled, why wouldn't you want to deal damage in exchange for a tile that's going to regen right away?
  • Well as said I have seen it happen multiple times in a round, and for me the reason I might avoid Cage is the protect tile. With that not being there as much i am finding I can take the team down quite quickly.

Or maybe i have just been over-estimating Cage when looking for teams to attack.

Just had the same with a Spidey team. He matches two purples, gets defensive tiles out, Bullseye then uses Purple to remove said tiles. All seems a bit self-defeating.
  • simonsez
    Well as said I have seen it happen multiple times in a round, and for me the reason I might avoid Cage is the protect tile. With that not being there as much i am finding I can take the team down quite quickly.
    But it's not there for just one turn. How is a few hundred in damage going to make any difference?
  • Eh? I said that I have had it happen multiple times in a round. So Cage lays Protect, Bullseye removes. I attack. Next turn Cage lays Protect, Bullseye removes, I attack again.

Not sure if I am wording this badly or something, seems straightforward to me.

Either way it is working well for me, lots of points in this pvp that i wouldn't normally have. Quite a few Spidey teams out there as well due to his boost and he's doing a nice job of sabotaging those teams as well.
  • simonsez
    Eh? I said that I have had it happen multiple times in a round. So Cage lays Protect, Bullseye removes. I attack. Next turn Cage lays Protect, Bullseye removes, I attack again.

Not sure if I am wording this badly or something, seems straightforward to me.
    Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "remove"? Are you talking about his purple ability? How often does the AI collect 7 purple? I don't get how you're seeing this on consecutive turns. And if you were, you're probably taking more damage from the purple cast than you're dealing while the protect tile isn't there. So no, I still don't see why this is a bad thing for the AI to be doing.
  • Don't know what else to say really. Kinda gone through my experience repeatedly but I'll leave it there as not worth typing it out again and again. Working for me and I am rather enjoying beating pvp teams I wouldn't normally.
  • ronin_san
    I'm going to double-up on my leanings towards C.Mags, because his team-up destruction leading to Bullseye's Green can really generate some AP.
  • Had a good experience with icon_bullseye.png paired w/ icon_falcon.png & icon_lukecage.png in the last Gauntlet run. Currently @ 1 blackflag.png 1 purpleflag.png 3 greenflag.png .
    Does he deserve to stay(qualifier: if he stays, a 2 yellowflag.pngicon_sentry.png goes away)?

EDIT: as of a standard token pull after today's DDQ; 1 blackflag.png 1 purpleflag.png4 greenflag.png
    none.png
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I'm finding Bullseye + 4Thor + ProfX to be a nice combination. Nothing much really happens until I get 11 green AP, but once I do I've pretty much won the match.

Not sure if I've been having a lucky streak, but on average it seems to only take a couple turns of waiting before a match-5 opportunity arises via Bullseye's green power. Xavier's passives trigger and give free blue AP for 4Thor, and special tiles for Bullseye's purple. In this case, Bullseye's black passive isn't even necessary. Because once you've downed one opponent, it's very easy for 4Thor to stun/kill the other two, especially with the free AP from Xavier.

Here's a sample match from the recent Bullseye PVP.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Daken and Cyclops in the PVP for great effect.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrared wrote:
    I'm finding Bullseye + 4Thor + ProfX to be a nice combination. Nothing much really happens until I get 11 green AP, but once I do I've pretty much won the match.

Not sure if I've been having a lucky streak, but on average it seems to only take a couple turns of waiting before a match-5 opportunity arises via Bullseye's green power. Xavier's passives trigger and give free blue AP for 4Thor, and special tiles for Bullseye's purple. In this case, Bullseye's black passive isn't even necessary. Because once you've downed one opponent, it's very easy for 4Thor to stun/kill the other two, especially with the free AP from Xavier.

Here's a sample match from the recent Bullseye PVP.

Love the music choice!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Don't know what else to say really. Kinda gone through my experience repeatedly but I'll leave it there as not worth typing it out again and again. Working for me and I am rather enjoying beating pvp teams I wouldn't normally.

I don't think people are confused about the idea of purple Bullseye being a good move to use when available. It's a good purple outlet when buffed. I think people are disagreeing the first part of your post, where you said that Bullseye purple is a reason to not bring Cage on your team.

It might make you marginally more vulnerable on defense, because the enemy Bullseye will always have a target for their purple, but it also means that you always have a target for your purple while you're on offense, so that you don't need to choose Cage teams specifically. Plus, he brings along all of the other benefits of having Cage.