*** Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    traedoril wrote:
    I think I play IF in an unusual way and I am checking to see if I need to change the way I am playing him.

I pair him with SW who is 5/3/5. I stock up on Purple til I have 10 (usually 4 turns with witch) then pop Purple twice. Watch board explode then grab green until SW blue pops again. Cast purple, rinse and repeat. While boosted IF does 5600 with 12 black for just 5 purple. Is this the proper strategy with him?

Depends on the fight. Some use him as a black generator for cage, mostorm, etc.. The free attack tile works great with LDaken, strike tile matching green, his ability giving more strikes, that tile can hit 1k a tick in no time easy.

Any strike tile generator is a good pair with him. Using his purple to get the damage bonus is fine, but cage with 12 black can do the same, MoStorm with 12 black can do over 1k a turn.

So , it is situational. Nifty combo with SW though icon_e_biggrin.gif

Got it, so In simulator add Cage and win thanks!!

In Simulator, i put him with Punisher and Cage. Cage is there for yellow and the shield.. Punisher black gives you more attack tiles, his green gives you more strike tiles for IF's black, and his red can off anyone after a couple rounds.

As soon as i get a yellow cover or 5 for Falcon, cage gets replaced with Falcon.

I also tried subbing Kamala for Cage, her passive yellow and pun and IF's cheap skills mean you can survive fights normally out of your range.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Cage/Danny/Wanda is effective for the reasons outlined. My current "B" team is Scott/LDaken/Danny, so it has zip in the way of defense, but is extremely punishing on offense. While it isn't Funisher 8 red/30% (or 40%) for 10 red Scott can finish whatever Danny/Daken began.

I used Colossus/Danny/Wanda regularly during the last event. No active blue, but it became unnecessary with all of the purple going directly to Danny. Solid strategy.
  • Like others have stated, I use him mostly as a black generator for Luke Cage, Cyclops, and Mohawk Storm, and also as a constant source of passive damage. The green attack tiles are just sort of a bonus.

Two teams I like to keep handy are Iron Fist + Luke Cage + L. Thor, and Iron Fist + Mohawk Storm + Daredevil. The Luke Cage team almost never has 12 black available for the green because Cage keeps on the offensive, but the Mohawk team generally always has a lot of black available.

Once I get the covers, I will probably replace the L. Thor above with Steve Rogers for the Blue and Red attacks.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I have a 3/5/5 IF and I've been thinking if he is the only green user on my team... is it viable to respec him to 5/5/3 or even 4/5/4 ? I will only have a mindset in using his green after collecting 12 black...
  • I have a 3/5/5 IF and I've been thinking if he is the only green user on my team... is it viable to respec him to 5/5/3 or even 4/5/4 ? I will only have a mindset in using his green after collecting 12 black...
    His green is bad. Exploit his purple
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 3/5/5 IF and I've been thinking if he is the only green user on my team... is it viable to respec him to 5/5/3 or even 4/5/4 ? I will only have a mindset in using his green after collecting 12 black...

5/5/3 is a very viable build, with 12 blacktile.png when you use his green it puts out a lot of strike tiles. They're weaker than other strike tiles generator but his skill is relatively cheap at 8 AP.

3 covers to 5 in green is a big difference.
    3 covers to 5 in black, not so much.
  • I have green at 5 because the covers fall that way. His green at 5 is only weaker than Battleplan but the double damage mode is almost always better than Battleplan since it's almost never practical to have 12 TU APs. Now that The Hood and Loki seems to have been forgotten after the HP nerf there isn't a huge pressing need to have black at level 5 to deal with those guys.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I have green at 5 because the covers fall that way. His green at 5 is only weaker than Battleplan but the double damage mode is almost always better than Battleplan since it's almost never practical to have 12 TU APs. Now that The Hood and Loki seems to have been forgotten after the HP nerf there isn't a huge pressing need to have black at level 5 to deal with those guys.
    no black at 5? thats viable?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I have green at 5 because the covers fall that way. His green at 5 is only weaker than Battleplan but the double damage mode is almost always better than Battleplan since it's almost never practical to have 12 TU APs. Now that The Hood and Loki seems to have been forgotten after the HP nerf there isn't a huge pressing need to have black at level 5 to deal with those guys.

Black at 5 is good versus The Hood, Loki, and Iron Fist himself because their health are very low. In PvE and PvP against high HP class characters the game goes on long enough for the green strike tile to easily make up the difference. Green is somewhat problematic against Blade/Daken because you can run out of red tiles to claim 6 of them but that's about it. It's not good enough to be used at 166 versus a decent green at 240 but then if you're running a 166 Iron Fist, his black at level 5 isn't as good either against level 240 opponents that have 12K+ HPs on average.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Not really. Black at 5 gives you something that is really rare in MPQ, guaranteed high damage every turn vs a character, expandable with strike tiles. It makes it so every match versus hood/loki is like 50% easier. That's a hard power to top.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Not really. Black at 5 gives you something that is really rare in MPQ, guaranteed high damage every turn vs a character, expandable with strike tiles. It makes it so every match versus hood/loki is like 50% easier. That's a hard power to top.

Except it's so good that he managed to keep The Hood/Loki out of the PvP meta and in PvE The Hood isn't terribly common (R&G, TaT) while Loki is restricted to Simulator type events only. The bigger concern for black is against himself, because Iron Fist himself has a low amount of HP. Green at 5 used without 12 black is basically slightly better than Judgment and worse than Battleplan, but you can't always have Black Panther and you might not always hit the yellow AP. Let's just say both sides are using BP + IF, then with green at 5 your possible attack colors are yellow, purple, and green. You probably won't be matching black because you're trying to leave them on the board and pick it up via IFoKL. Without green at level 5 green is not a viable attack color (lose close to 50% strike tile strength) so you only have two colors. How often will you hit green but not purple/yellow? It depends on how confident you're getting the matches you need but it is certainly possible to miss your purple/yellow AP.

Now if the featured character is Blade or Deadpool you have other ways to attack quickly so you don't care too much about having green as an attack option on the enemy Iron Fist, but in general your featured character isn't going to be someone with a great quick attack since those guys are very few in between. Note that the featured character can have a great green, like say Kamala Khan, but Embiggened Bash isn't going to be much of a factor in downing the enemy Iron Fist unless you've a really good board. Of course you can just grind it out with Kamala Khan against IF, but getting rid of IF quickly is very important since IFoKL can literally turn a game around in one cast.
  • "- Fixed incorrect recovery times from a downed state for Elektra, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin, Professor X, Star-Lord and Iron Fist."
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    in PvE The Hood isn't terribly common
    You quit at the right time. Hood is all over the current ISO brotherhood.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    in PvE The Hood isn't terribly common
    You quit at the right time. Hood is all over the current ISO brotherhood.

If I recall, prior to the whole streamline thing, Hood is limited mostly to the easy sub of Iso 8 so the highest he'd get to is maybe level 150 on essential, and sure there was a Hood + Muscle + whatever node but when he's level 55 you can live with that kind of cheese.

I'm not going to say 'bahaha see I was right the game sucks', but they really seem to go out of their way to make sure life is miserable in PvE. I don't think they're doing this on purpose, but D3 is like the guy who can get every multiple choice question wrong by guessing when they revamped PvE. That takes talent.
  • Phantron wrote:

Absolutely. As the Yang to the Yin of Cage's red power, his perma strike tile is unusually powerful. Forget the effect of say, a blade or the compensating effect of cage. The luck of the draw has seen me upgrade cage first but, my iron fist is next. Like cage IMO, he is someone who can't not be nerfed at some point. Regardless of whether or not it is again or not.
  • Phantron wrote:

Absolutely. As the Yang to the Yin of Cage's red power, his perma strike tile is unusually powerful. Forget the effect of say, a blade or the compensating effect of cage. The luck of the draw has seen me upgrade cage first but, my iron fist is next. Like cage IMO, he is someone who can't not be nerfed at some point. Regardless of whether or not it is again or not.
    Cage will not be nerfed. Iron Fist is a maybe.

Stop saying cage will be nerfed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    If I recall, prior to the whole streamline thing, Hood is limited mostly to the easy sub of Iso 8 so the highest he'd get to is maybe level 150 on essential, and sure there was a Hood + Muscle + whatever node but when he's level 55 you can live with that kind of cheese.
    I don't remember what it used to be, but this time, since your scaling was like mine, you'd have been treated to a node with lv395 Hood/Juggs/and someone else who doesn't matter, given the first two. In two of the subs, he was in about 2/3 of the hard and essential nodes, almost always with someone who could one-shot you with a fairly cheap ability.
  • IceIX wrote:
      Iron Fist of K'un-Lun - 5 purpletile.png AP
      Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles to Black or deals 4113 damage.

Sorry if I missed the announcement but in-game description says 7 tiles not 9 with 5 purple covers.
      Did they nerfed his purple?
    • rossfoss wrote:
      IceIX wrote:
        Iron Fist of K'un-Lun - 5 purpletile.png AP
        Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles to Black or deals 4113 damage.

Sorry if I missed the announcement but in-game description says 7 tiles not 9 with 5 purple covers.
        Did they nerfed his purple?
        yes, we currently have iron fist 2.0
      • Got to 1900 in shield sim, scratching my head on how to beat jean/pool/bust teams and figured out if purp was the key