*** Bullseye (Classic) ***

Comments

• Yes they are correct, he was always a 3 star. Just as 1 star IronMan has more levels available than the others since he had 3 powers. It was the reverse situation for Rags.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't know if characters get extra power if they only have one or two good abilities (e.g. Captain America) but I don't think it's entirely fair to compare his black to I Got A Plan as that's pretty much R&G's only good offensive move. Even someone as good as Black Panther only has two usable abilities, and is his two abilities that good because Defense Grid is useless? All of Bullseye's abilities are at least usable in general and maybe that's the direction they want to go, having 3 abilities that you can use that are close to each other in power instead of someone with effectively only 2 moves that are very powerful.

Groot's green is respectable, if yellow wasn't so damn good I'd consider 5 covers in it. I've used Groot's green over Kamala's several times, namely when I needed a yellow match badly and the board shake into a heal was worth a lot more than the 10k AoE damage.

Bullseye's black is friggin horrible. Nearly impossible to get off if you don't have someone else feeding him special tiles and even when it does proc, its probably weaker than a decent board Bad Reputation.
  • Does purple require special tiles to work? I was under the impression that it didn't. If it does then he's even worse than I thought.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Does purple require special tiles to work? I was under the impression that it didn't. If it does then he's even worse than I thought.

From the wording and other similar skills, I'm fairly certain it requires special tiles to actually fire akin to icon_daredevil.png's purple.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't know if characters get extra power if they only have one or two good abilities (e.g. Captain America) but I don't think it's entirely fair to compare his black to I Got A Plan as that's pretty much R&G's only good offensive move. Even someone as good as Black Panther only has two usable abilities, and is his two abilities that good because Defense Grid is useless? All of Bullseye's abilities are at least usable in general and maybe that's the direction they want to go, having 3 abilities that you can use that are close to each other in power instead of someone with effectively only 2 moves that are very powerful.
    Do you see yourself fielding this guy? Because I see you here talking about using guys like QS but when I queue you in pvp you're always using exactly what everyone else uses.

There are a lot of guys I consider playable that I wouldn't field because there are a lot of guys who are a lot better than playable. Psylocke is playable, but you're not going to see her very often unless she's boosted. I think Bullseye will fall into the same range, and currently as the game is constructed there's no way you can make every new character fieldable because that'd imply an ever increasing power creep as a new character has to be stronger than the guys before to just get around the availability issue. That is, if IMHB is exactly as strong as Nick Fury, then you might as well just play Nick Fury whose covers are available earlier.

I think people are having too much expectations from passives in general, perhaps after the Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Scarlet Witch cycle. Something that costs nothing should not be as good as something that costs something.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Does purple require special tiles to work? I was under the impression that it didn't. If it does then he's even worse than I thought.

From the wording and other similar skills, I'm fairly certain it requires special tiles to actually fire akin to icon_daredevil.png's purple.

Because it says 'targets two' I'm pretty sure it will only function if you can click 2. We'll find out in 8 hours.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think people are having too much expectations from passives in general, perhaps after the Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Scarlet Witch cycle. Something that costs nothing should not be as good as something that costs something.
    Is it you that used to turn every new character thread into "you can't say it's bad just because it's not xforce"?
  • sinnerjfl
    Previously, in this very thread icon_razz.gif
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Ice, question about his purple: is it possible to target/destroy only one special tile?
    Yep.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:

But passive DO cost something. They carry an opportunity cost in that except for Doom, they also prevent a character from having an active power. That is not nothing as active powers are very very important.

It's a classic case of weighing a lower ceiling against a higher floor.

All that said, the three passives you mention are very powerful. Cage in particular shows how terrible almost all of the other defensive powers in the game are.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    5/5/3 seems only rational choice imo. The pink is a quick finisher to proc his black which will give you roughly 800 damage in strike tiles plus fuel for his pink. You could use him with hulkbuster just incase you get some of that nasty green ap. I just don't really see the appeal of green someone explain it to me. Maybe can land a 5 match or some additional ap?.
  • sinnerjfl
    Highdark wrote:
    5/5/3 seems only rational choice imo. The pink is a quick finisher to proc his black which will give you roughly 800 damage in strike tiles plus fuel for his pink. You could use him with hulkbuster just incase you get some of that nasty green ap. I just don't really see the appeal of green someone explain it to me. Maybe can land a 5 match or some additional ap?.

Green would be mainly to setup crits and cascades, yup. Not sure how easy that would actually be. And it's 11 AP, seems like a really high cost for what it does when there are other better green skills (like icon_kamalakhan.png, an AOE of 3000 dmg for 1 more measly AP).
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Highdark wrote:
    You delete tiles to assemble crits, yes. Except this guy clearly suffers from "We totally undervalued placing/removing tiles when we made GSBW and mnMags"itis so green is extremely limp.

For 11 green it should delete like 8 or 9 tiles to be worth using over one of the 14 green: 10k damage skills.
  • sinnerjfl
    Hmmm...so this 3 star.png can throw down 2936 dmg for a mere 7 purple AP, while also destroying 2 special tiles of your choice.

But when a 4 star.png could destroy random tiles and cause 4K dmg for 8 green AP, that was OP.

Hmmm.

Purple won't do damage unless there are special tiles on the board for him to remove. Just dont use attack/protect/strike tiles until he's dead and there you go, zero damage for him.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Holy ****, that purple is great. It comes in at 850 damage/ap spent and it only takes 2 special tiles to do the damage. It clocks in at the low cost of 7 purple ap, so you do not want to approach him with any special tile creators or face 6k damage. He is going to be the eater of Prof X's, Dakens, Blades, etc.

This should be what everyone is talking about.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    Holy ****, that purple is great. It comes in at 850 damage/ap spent and it only takes 2 special tiles to do the damage. It clocks in at the low cost of 7 purple ap, so you do not want to approach him with any special tile creators. He is going to be the eater of Prof X's, Dakens, Blades, etc.

I think it just deals 2900 damage, not 2900 damage per tile converted.

You can also convert your own tiles even if the opposing team has no special tiles though I can't think of anybody who creates special tiles that are so worthless that it's worth doing this.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Purple won't do damage unless there are special tiles on the board for him to remove. Just dont use attack/protect/strike tiles until he's dead and there you go, zero damage for him.

Xavier creates special tiles whenever you fire an ability...like bullseyes purple for example...now we just need an unlimited source of purple icon_cool.gif
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Holy ****, that purple is great. It comes in at 850 damage/ap spent and it only takes 2 special tiles to do the damage. It clocks in at the low cost of 7 purple ap, so you do not want to approach him with any special tile creators. He is going to be the eater of Prof X's, Dakens, Blades, etc.

I think it just deals 2900 damage, not 2900 damage per tile converted.

You can also convert your own tiles even if the opposing team has no special tiles though I can't think of anybody who creates special tiles that are so worthless that it's worth doing this.

Ah, got ya, thanks. I was wishfully thinking of it as Daredevil's purple . Glad I cleared this up before I tried too hard for him icon_e_wink.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I don't know why there's so much hate for Bullseye. Maybe it's to dissuade people from playing the next PvE. If so, carry on, haters.

Personally, I'd have fun with him.
  • With the recent change to Moonstone it seems like there's this roundabout way to nerf overpowered strike tile generators via coming up with strong counters, but I don't think Bullseye is going to be it.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    He looks pretty interesting to me. It would have been cool if his passive also generated a small amount of ISO-8 for the player!
    He'd definitely be a nerf target then icon_lol.gif
    Bullseye is lame, this could have been Gambit pretty easily.
    You want this tinykitty to be Gambit? Careful what u wish for champ
    dkffiv wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Groot's green is respectable, if yellow wasn't so damn good I'd consider 5 covers in it. I've used Groot's green over Kamala's several times, namely when I needed a yellow match badly and the board shake into a heal was worth a lot more than the 10k AoE damage.

Bullseye's black is friggin horrible. Nearly impossible to get off if you don't have someone else feeding him special tiles and even when it does proc, its probably weaker than a decent board Bad Reputation.
    I think Bullseye's black has its place in survival nodes. Besides, I'd much rather it be underpowered, knowing D3, than overpowered and snowball-able(Patch + Bullseye bombing, etc.)
    Phantron wrote:
    With the recent change to Moonstone it seems like there's this roundabout way to nerf overpowered strike tile generators via coming up with strong counters, but I don't think Bullseye is going to be it.
    Gonna take much more than that....