Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Inspired by GothicKratos and his vision for a better forum, I figured we could have a thread where it is nothing but the positive things that have happened to us in the game. This can range from pulling the 13th cover we needed to cover max a character to a miracle cascade in our favor when we were about to die a horrible death. There are moments in MPQ that keep us coming back to it and bring us joy... lets share those as often as we can, and as often as they occur.

Please, no negative posts in this thread or trolling, lets keep this a positive thread to come and read for that encouragement we need just before we post a rant.

Thanks all.

I'll start, the other day on Dead Pools Daily Quest I was playing the first node with Juggs solo, I believe it was two ninja's and Storm or some set of low health characters, and I was able to beat the node on my first turn. I had 3 match 5's in a row, then an Unstoppable Crash, and a Headbutt, and the node was over. It brought a smile to my face.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll post an oldie but a goodie that happened to me last year:
    I logged in this evening to find that my 33 of my 44 standard tokens had magically transmogrified into heroic tokens; not sure why, but it was a pleasant surprise. That brought a shocked grin to my face!

More recently, The Ultron tokens were good to me; I only earned one HB cover during the event, but I earned the blue and the black covers from the tokens.
  • Mine has to be getting 6 star.pngstar.pngstar.png from a 10 pack today that I was just posting about in another thread.

That and anytime I clear a Ninjas DDQ icon_neutral.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I'll post an oldie but a goodie that happened to me last year:
    I logged in this evening to find that my 33 of my 44 standard tokens had magically transmogrified into heroic tokens; not sure why, but it was a pleasant surprise. That brought a shocked grin to my face!

More recently, The Ultron tokens were good to me; I only earned one HB cover during the event, but I earned the blue and the black covers from the tokens.
    Nice pulls for Ultron!

I pulled 3 SW covers on Day 1 of the Ultron event, so between the two runs of Ultron, I only gained 1 IMHB cover, but I gained 9 SW covers, and I currently have her at 11 covers 4/3/4. I am pretty happy with that!
    Mine has to be getting 6 star.pngstar.pngstar.png from a 10 pack today that I was just posting about in another thread.

That and anytime I clear a Ninjas DDQ icon_neutral.gif
    Was this your first 10 pack? I've only ever earned one 10 pack 2 seasons ago, and had similar luck, but I considered it newbie luck, I'm not expecting that many 3* characters this next time around, but I wouldn't object!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    earned my Hulkbuster pvp progression about an hour ago icon_mrgreen.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was having amazingly bad luck with the Hood/Cmags node in the last pve, which was cascading all the small cats and dogs out of all the teams I was trying to throw at it, something like polarising force every other turn and magnetized projectiles every three turns (even though Hood had already gone for his afternoon nap). And it scaled up merrily from 314 at the start to 395 for the last 8 hours.

On a whim, I took out my little underlevelled xforce (level 155, 553) and tossed him into the fray with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and he cleaned house. He wiped the floor with 395 Hood/Cmags every single time, mostly unboosted, and taking minimal damage. And I saved green for him. Still my favourite little cascade monster.

Also want to give a shoutout to Locacola and Daver321 (I think), who were sitting comfortably in top 2 in my bracket, then stopped in the last few hours to let me catch up and collect the blue 4thor. She's so close to being finished now! Seriously, thank you guys, you're amazing. May the cascades be ever in your favour. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Beat a Level 209 X-Force, Level 166 Daredevil & Level 100 Hulkbuster in PvP today using Bagman, Yelena & 2* Daken.

Had to really rush the next battle for fear of leaving them on defense icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine was fairly recent, I opened 3 250 HP from Tacos in row! This enabled me to buy my first cover (normally I'm stuck buying roster slots. I chose to buy the 5th red cover for Steve Rogers. He makes DDQ so much easier! I use to rely on OBW, now she just sits there looking pretty in her fishnets. Throwing shields at Goons and Ninjas, stunning everyone in waves 2 and 4. He's amazing, easily my new favorite character now icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I pulled much needed black cover for BP from a standard token this morning!

I ran through the Big Enchilada without the enemy team getting any moves, thanks to my 2* Thor-Storm-Mags team and a bit of board luck. A taco gave me 250hp!

R75's reduced costs meant a lot of my 3* are now pushing (carefully) past level 100!
  • I seem to have many from DDQ...

Pulling that day's DDQ "essential" character from an "Under the Sea" Taco Token.

The first time I beat the BE (A few weeks ago! What a rush!). icon_e_biggrin.gif

The second time I beat the BE (yesterday), where I lost 2hor early in wave 2 (thanks to 3* CM)and somehow managed to finish wave 2, and then waves 3 & 4 with only cStorm & OBW. icon_eek.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Cool topic! icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    My 10 pack last season:

Iron Fist black
    Iron Fist black
    Luke Cage black
    Blade black (I think - hazy now!)

Didn't need the last one, but still a great & uncommon run. icon_cool.gif
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I seem to have many from DDQ...

Pulling that day's DDQ "essential" character from an "Under the Sea" Taco Token.

I did that yesterday with Squirrel Girl. Opened the Essential, saw it was her, shrugged and got her from that Under The Sea level. Was a nice feeling.

Today - got Sentry from a Standard Token and Black Panther from the Hulkbuster PVP token.
  • I run ProfX/LThor/Hood in simulator. I attacked a Cyc/Doom/Kamala team in simulator and the game opened with a 5 match waiting on me. I matched the 5 match and the cascade killed their entire team. I counted 7 5 match cascades, It was a beautiful thing. (the next match, cascades one shot Hood, I won the match but payback is a B!#@h)
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Pulled 5 gold in the last 2 weeks from STANDARD tokens......tinykitty yeah!

I had maybe pulled 5 in the previous 6 months.

KK & SW greenflag.png (needed), Cmags redflag.png (finished Mags Finally), SG & Lcap yellowflag.png (unusable, but still awesome)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    going to bed last night after earning 2 visions (meh) in pve and not feeling like I must start the next pve. got doom to 5/4/3 from ddq and then found a new bracket this morning and entering at 71 (I refuse to stack pve's on top of each other).

in the pvp - its been a while since I played with obw in pvp and almost forgot how great she is. I much rather play with her than loki and with her at 150, unless there's special tiles to deal with, its no contest.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Having Blade maxed for this week, IW sitting at 229, and winning two covers for Vision in the last event icon_e_smile.gif Nothing like two characters at over 10k health #WINNING
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing that I don't have HB, don't want Vision bad enough to care, don't need Mohawk Green, nor Shehulk red and having about a week off from feeling like "I HAVE TO PLAY". I'm not even being backhanded/snarky here, it really is just nice not feeling like I'm missing something if I don't spend a couple hours every night. I'm getting caught up on Archer and Last Man on Earth and about to finally start on this season of Game of Thrones.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    The day i came across my wife's team in a PVP (when i was a 2* roster), and got to beat her without going to jail icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mind you, she retaliated and won, and then skipped until she found me again just to beat me again.. but was still worth it.
    so whatever you get, your wife gets twice of. sounds about right icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    '..anytime I clear a Ninjas DDQ icon_neutral.gif

I second that.

I was also very happy this week to clear the Hood + Classic Mag with the help of none other than Squirrel Girl. She finished Magneto with her purpleflag.png thanks to his spamming of yellowflag.png shields. True to the legend.
  • OK, how about another one?

This thread is my best MPQ moment from today. Lots of reminders of why and how much I enjoy this game, and a general sense of camaraderie and good will that reminds me of why I joined the forum to begin with.

In other words, mission accomplished to the OP! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC