*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2Nonce Equitaur 2 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in Character Details
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) icon_scarletwitch.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile Damage: 13/11/61/79/70/12/3x
Reality Crush - 14 purpletile.png AP
Scarlet Witch warps space and time, imposing a crippling magical pressure and tearing her enemies apart at the seams. Deals 257 damage to the enemy team and stuns a random enemy for 2 turns.Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 355 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Deals 452 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 532 damage to the enemy team and stuns a random enemy for 3 turns. Level 5: Deals 691 damage to the enemy team and stuns a random enemy for 5 turns.
Max Level
    Level 3 - Deals 1438 damage to the enemy team with a 2 turn stun. Level 4 - Deals 1691 damage to the enemy team with a 3 turn stun. Level 5 - Deals 2198 damage to the enemy team with a 5 turn stun.

Hex Bolt - 8 greentile.png AP
Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to 2 random basic tiles around it, generating AP.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Destroy up to 3 tiles. Level 3: Chance to destroy enemy Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles. Level 4: Destroy up to 4 tiles. Level 5: Destroy up to 4 tiles of any non-friendly type.
Arcane Incantation - Passive bluetile.png
(PASSIVE) Scarlet Witch begins a complex ritual, as it grows in power the very fabric of reality seems to writhe. At the beginning of her turn, if one does not exist, she creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that transforms 2 random adjacent basic tiles to Purple.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Transforms 3 basic tiles. Level 3: Transforms 4 basic tiles. Level 4: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that transforms 4 basic tiles. Level 5: Transforms 5 basic tiles.


PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: AGE OF ULTRON
«13456723

Comments

  • Mystique is the only purple generator that I know of, and she is unreliable. I don't see her purple as nearly as effective as stormneto. I think they are trying to create the higher risk/reward style of classic storm. Both can do some tile destruction for AP, but with random outcomes. I can't count how many times I have thrown out a hail mary on a CD with storm. Still SW looks way more playable than QS. His tile locking usually does nothing but prevent me from making useful matches.

    I like the concept so far for the new style of play as well. It doesn't sound quite as grindy as a regular pve, but then again it may turn out to be the exact opposite.
  • john1620bjohn1620b Age Unconfirmed Posts: 367
    Super long stun is nice, as long as it's not random.

    Hopefully her green is targetable. I like choosing tiles. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would really like clarification as to whether the green will ONLY destroy surrounding specials.
  • turulturul Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    pre-prerelease info.
    Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to ??? random basic tiles around it, generating AP.
    Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to ??? random basic, enemy Attack, enemy Protect, or enemy Strike tiles around it, generating AP.
    Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to ??? random non-friendly tiles around it, generating AP. ( I think they forgot mentioning the basic tile here)
  • jojeda654jojeda654 Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to ??? random non-friendly tiles around it, generating AP. ( I think they forgot mentioning the basic tile here)

    Maybe they're saying that basic tiles are neutral, thus non-friendly?
  • turulturul Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Wanda fires an unstable hex bolt at her target. Select one basic tile to destroy it and up to ??? random non-friendly tiles around it, generating AP. ( I think they forgot mentioning the basic tile here)

    Maybe they're saying that basic tiles are neutral, thus non-friendly?

    Good point.
  • EVERYONE PLZ CROSS YOUR FINGERS SHE WONT BE NERFED LIKE HER FAMILY

    Really liking her Blue.

    who am I kidding...she generates purple. She'll get nerfed. Then Iron Fist'll get nerfed...sigh
  • evil pandaevil panda Age Unconfirmed Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    why does scarlet witch not have red as one of her colors?


    edit: also, looking forward to hitting a group of charged tiles with a hex bolt. i thought this is why they nerfed twin pistols?
  • RoryQRoryQ Age Unconfirmed Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Wow, possibly great. Translation - nerf fodder.
  • Oh a very good purple producer. I wonder who I'll pair her with
  • Adrock1020Adrock1020 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: AGE OF ULTRON

    Wanda runs Purple/Green/Blue with each of her abilities taking on a different aspect of her chaos magic. Her Purple, Reality Crush, is her heavy hitter that deals damage and stuns opponents facing off against it. This attack deals heavy damage to the entire enemy team then stuns one enemy for a couple of turns. At max level her attack hits harder and stuns longer than MPQ fan favorite Storm (Classic)'s Wind Storm. And since it uses Purple AP to do it, it provides a damage outlet on a color that generally doesn’t have one.

    The Queen of Chaos’ Green ability is Hex Bolt, which is a somewhat chaotic—of course—utility spell. Her Bolts are relatively cheap at 8 AP and destroy a single basic tile. At that point, it then destroys a number of surrounding tiles that will pop any Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles that it happens to hit. In the process, it will also give the AP from the destroyed tiles, so it can be used not only to get rid of enemy special tiles but also as a tactical AP generator. At max level, it even gains the ability for the surrounding tiles destroyed to include Countdown or other more unique special tiles, letting Scarlet Witch deal with just about anything the enemy can throw at the board.

    Lastly, Wanda’s Blue ability is a boon to both her Reality Crush ability and anyone else that uses Purple AP for their own abilities. Arcane Incantation, a passive ability, creates a random Purple Countdown tile each turn if Wanda doesn’t already have one out. After a few turns, it explodes, creating Purple tiles in surrounding squares. The resulting tiles will create easy to make matches—if they don’t match themselves—causing cascades and more AP generation. The end result is a somewhat slow and chaotic escalation of Purple AP generation for the team, which can then result in the explosion of a Reality Crush down the line.

    I guess it depends on how many purple it creates, but if that CD tile starts anywhere lower than 3, this seems like a potentially broken (nerfable) ability
  • MawtfulMawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adrock1020 wrote:
    I guess it depends on how many purple it creates, but if that CD tile starts anywhere lower than 3, this seems like a potentially broken (nerfable) ability

    I would expect 3-turn countdown at Rank 3, and reduced to a 2-turn countdown for Rank 5. From the way the description is worded I would expect that it only creates 3 or 4 purple tiles.

    I don't think it will be quite as useful for rushing Purple as some people think, but will certainly help generate a few extra AP every few turns.
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Her CD will be excellent fodder for Kingpin. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any information from the dev that SW is not going to be a 2*? Considering the comparison to C.Storm's Wind Storm for her Purple, I'm afraid she may be a new Glass Cannon of a 2*.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Would really like clarification as to whether the green will ONLY destroy surrounding specials.
    From what I could understand, it works like this: you select one basic tile and the power destroys it and a few surrounding tiles but NOT in a 3x3 square shape, or it wouldnt be chaotic at all. Depending on level it will be or not be able to destroy some types of tiles, but at max level every tile can be destroyed.

    I can see it being something like

    blacktile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png blacktile.png
    blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png
    greencrit.png blacktile.png greentile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png
    blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png
    blacktile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png blacktile.png

    Green tile is the selected tile, the green criticals are what I think would be a pattern to be the target tiles it will attempt to destroy; black tiles are the unaffected tiles. That I would call chaotic enough, tricky to use but not too hard to get used to.
  • scotteescottee Posts: 1,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Is there any information from the dev that SW is not going to be a 2*? Considering the comparison to C.Storm's Wind Storm for her Purple, I'm afraid she may be a new Glass Cannon of a 2*.

    Click the link. The screenshots clearly show her being a 3*.
  • scottee wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Is there any information from the dev that SW is not going to be a 2*? Considering the comparison to C.Storm's Wind Storm for her Purple, I'm afraid she may be a new Glass Cannon of a 2*.
    Click the link. The screenshots clearly show her being a 3*.
    And has 8600 HP on max level.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Would really like clarification as to whether the green will ONLY destroy surrounding specials.
    From what I could understand, it works like this: you select one basic tile and the power destroys it and a few surrounding tiles but NOT in a 3x3 square shape, or it wouldnt be chaotic at all. Depending on level it will be or not be able to destroy some types of tiles, but at max level every tile can be destroyed.

    I can see it being something like

    blacktile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png blacktile.png
    blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png
    greencrit.png blacktile.png greentile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png
    blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png
    blacktile.png blacktile.png greencrit.png blacktile.png blacktile.png

    Green tile is the selected tile, the green criticals are what I think would be a pattern to be the target tiles it will attempt to destroy; black tiles are the unaffected tiles. That I would call chaotic enough, tricky to use but not too hard to get used to.

    You would call that perfect diamond shape chaotic?

    I think it creates purple tiles randomly in a radius around the tile. That's chaotic.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Adrock1020 wrote:
    I guess it depends on how many purple it creates, but if that CD tile starts anywhere lower than 3, this seems like a potentially broken (nerfable) ability

    I would expect 3-turn countdown at Rank 3, and reduced to a 2-turn countdown for Rank 5. From the way the description is worded I would expect that it only creates 3 or 4 purple tiles.

    I don't think it will be quite as useful for rushing Purple as some people think, but will certainly help generate a few extra AP every few turns.
    doesn't matter if it's useful, d3 will nerf any ap tricks we discover so like others in this thread said she gonna get nerfed
  • OldboyOldboy Age Unconfirmed Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like she'll be nerfed. Only a matter of when. The only reason i can think of that they would make her abilities strong right now is because of the movie and the new Ultron event. Once the hype and the movie is over, she's fair game for the nerf bat. Those who want to spend real $$$ on her, think real carefully.

    How long do you think it'll be before she gets nerfed? (Would be interesting to have a poll on this)
Sign In or Register to comment.