*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    My healing factor text says restores 59 health at level 15 just like the given stats.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Loki and Patch are still low level and not well-covered, but I tried to do many Florida missions -- with Original Black Widow, who has nicely complementary colors.

The level 70 missions, they did pitiful damage for the first 30 or so rounds, then I finally managed to pull off Patch+Loki. After that, it was magical. OBW healed the team with her blue, and there were about 15 protect and strike tiles on the board. Each tile match did about 500 damage.

For this to work, about 10 each of Red, Green, Black, Purple, and Blue are needed, so it's very slow. OBW's steal sped that up, so I aimed for that first. Spidey would also likely work, and could also add an amusing number of defense tiles.
    Oh yeah, adding espionage OBW on top of the strike tiles would be hilarious. Just need to watch loki's level to make sure he doesn't take the black and purples
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    I'm kind of thinking that Patch+Loki will be the new "it" team for those 240 PvE missions, especially after a spidey nerf comes down. The offense and survivability will be almost unmatched (except for maybe IW and whatever the new/improved 4* wolvie turns out to be.)

I don't quite see it happening in PvP, though...kinda meh on defense.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I'm kind of thinking that Patch+Loki will be the new "it" team for those 240 PvE missions, especially after a spidey nerf comes down. The offense and survivability will be almost unmatched (except for maybe IW and whatever the new/improved 4* wolvie turns out to be.)

I suspect Wolverine is going to be very nasty on defense because it's going to take time for people to remember that killing his friends first means The Best There Is instantly kills you one of your guys. He wouldn't necessarily be strong overall, but I'm sure he can create a lot of 'how did he did so much damage?' moments.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

I suspect Wolverine is going to be very nasty on defense because it's going to take time for people to remember that killing his friends first means The Best There Is instantly kills you one of your guys. He wouldn't necessarily be strong overall, but I'm sure he can create a lot of 'how did he did so much damage?' moments.

I don't know about that. Save Wolverine for last, bait the AI into matching a lot of green while denying red, it's actually a liability to have him on your team. At least Bag-Man doesn't hurt himself.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    You know what I want to know: Where did the flavor text go? For just about all the other characters, the ability descriptions had little sections at the start about the "actual" explanation of the move.

For example, Moonstone Photon Blast: "Moonstone concentrates photons into destructive blasts of radiation, harnessing ambient energy to intensify the effect." Or IM35 Armored Assault: "Iron Man charges to the fore and positions his armor to shield his allies... from there he unleashes his weaponry."
    But Patch is just boring old "Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates Strike tiles."
    Where did the creativity go? I really enjoyed reading those explanations...
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Aren't the strike tiles for the enemy team in berserker rage supposed to be half of yours? I have a 1/1/1 wolvie patch and it makes 27 dmg tiles for both teams. The wiki says max level does 148 for each strike tile and your enemies have 74 dmg tiles, is it just me?
  • eidehua
    Weird he doesn't have flavor text.
    Rye555 wrote:
    Aren't the strike tiles for the enemy team in berserker rage supposed to be half of yours? I have a 1/1/1 wolvie patch and it makes 27 dmg tiles for both teams. The wiki says max level does 148 for each strike tile and your enemies have 74 dmg tiles, is it just me?

Only for the red skill strike tiles. I do wonder, about the red strike tile mechanic for Patch has (give 2 red strike tiles to both teams) would it give all ally strike tiles first, then enemy tiles? Or vice versa, or one ally then one enemy etc?
    If there are say 3 red tiles on the board, there will be an imbalance of strike tiles on either side.

edit:
    I would actually consider Patch pretty potent with Hulk on defense. Considering you would want to take patch out/match reds to block his red ability, patch could potentially get his green skill out-- so once you take out Patch (probably with skills, considering his health regen) you would have to start matching against Hulk, who would trigger anger possibly from the strike tile damage given to you.
  • Want to hear my counter team to the inevitable patches tournement? Patches/Loki/ares. Why? Get black, use ares green to force thier wolverine to make strike tiles. Turn thier high damage strike tiles into high damage def tiles. Collect red as I want because I don't care about def tiles. Use wolvie green next to place my own red strike tiles except the purple is mostly covered by my purple strike tiles now...so few to none of thier purple tiles will come up. Should be pretty low risk farming as long as your own patches is tanking most everything.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Want to hear my counter team to the inevitable patches tournement? Patches/Loki/ares. Why? Get black, use ares green to force thier wolverine to make strike tiles. Turn thier high damage strike tiles into high damage def tiles. Collect red as I want because I don't care about def tiles. Use wolvie green next to place my own red strike tiles except the purple is mostly covered by my purple strike tiles now...so few to none of thier purple tiles will come up. Should be pretty low risk farming as long as your own patches is tanking most everything.
    The only problem is that the AI would always use ares to give them green too, and probably wouldn't get enough black to use loki before it matters
  • maxed patch does : 52 yellow 60red 67green 12 blue 11 pink 10 black 5800 hp
    maxed x-force does : 55 yellow 62 red 70 green 10blue 9 pink 9 black 9328 hp

maxed xforce does barely more damage then patch while the diffrence is 89 lvls .......

seems pretty broken to me
  • eidehua
    ississ wrote:
    maxed patch does : 52 yellow 60red 67green 12 blue 11 pink 10 black 5800 hp
    maxed x-force does : 55 yellow 62 red 70 green 10blue 9 pink 9 black 9328 hp

maxed xforce does barely more damage then patch while the diffrence is 89 lvls .......

seems pretty broken to me

Sure 4 stars may need a little damage buff, but they do this so 4*s don't become pay to win and teams with all maxed 3 and 2 stars can actually compete against the 4*.
  • Not sure if I should aim for 5/5/3 or 4/5/4 with this guy.

For his red to work best he has to be on the front and will take a lot of hits. So the extra healing through 4 in yellow could be useful. And 4 strike tiles vs 6 strike tiles doesn't seem to be much of a difference.
    Unless you pair him always with spidey or OBW than he probably won't have much need of his own health regeneration.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Want to hear my counter team to the inevitable patches tournement? Patches/Loki/ares. Why? Get black, use ares green to force thier wolverine to make strike tiles. Turn thier high damage strike tiles into high damage def tiles. Collect red as I want because I don't care about def tiles. Use wolvie green next to place my own red strike tiles except the purple is mostly covered by my purple strike tiles now...so few to none of thier purple tiles will come up. Should be pretty low risk farming as long as your own patches is tanking most everything.
    The only problem is that the AI would always use ares to give them green too, and probably wouldn't get enough black to use loki before it matters
    since when did we care about def for grinding ISO? Lol..if anything its better as it will tank.your rating if ppl want to attack you a little.more. I mean, on.def they probably kill low hp Loki first anyway, at which point anyone with a wolvie/Loki team is pretty much 1 character short on def anyway. And ill be honest...I still don't know how the machine prioritizes moves. It certainly.isn't just as simple as "highest/lowest ap."
  • eidehua
    The ai now seems to be waiting a few turns (i think 2) before using the lowest cost skill. If at that time more ap is gained for a more costly skill of same color, that one is used instead.

I also think character level is considered.
  • eidehua wrote:
    The ai now seems to be waiting a few turns (i think 2) before using the lowest cost skill. If at that time more ap is gained for a more costly skill of same color, that one is used instead.

I had noticed that too. Not sure, but I think it may do that even if there isn't another skill of the same color.
  • Misguided wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

I had noticed that too. Not sure, but I think it may do that even if there isn't another skill of the same color.

True, if someone know how this works please share. I did not have time to check it
  • Polkio wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

True, if someone know how this works please share. I did not have time to check it

If they have enough AP for the highest cost skill, they'll always use it, from what I've seen. Otherwise, they seem to hold the AP for a variable length of time. I've noticed that if I switch characters during this time, they'll generally use the skill right away, but if I keep matching with the same character they'll hold it.
  • Although I swear the AI is always waiting for Spiderman to come out before they decide to use a skill where they have a higher AP cost that they're saving up, I'm pretty sure it's just a random period of time before the AI finally gives up trying to wait for more AP of a certain color.

I noticed the AI will sometimes wait a few turns before using Thorned Rose, even though it should be 100% advantageous to use it immediately. That said I've never seen the AI not use its most expensive ability if it could use them.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Although I swear the AI is always waiting for Spiderman to come out before they decide to use a skill where they have a higher AP cost that they're saving up,

I feel the same way. I know it's just coincidence but ugh.