Patch Notes - R71 (02/19/15)

Options
13»

Comments

• MrMadeULook
    Options
    rixmith wrote:
    Same for me on the PC. Time Remaining no longer present anywhere on the Cage Match. For Enemy of the State it shows on the card before you enter the event, but inside the event the time remaining has disappeared.

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Glad I wasn't. Playing on my android phone
  • Seeing it as well on Android 4.4.4. Cage Match and SHIELD Simulator have no player count or time remaining bars anywhere, PvE events and the overall Season XI event have them on the card you tap to enter the event but not on the event page itself.
    This is happening to me as well. Hoping it's not some weird attempt to stop people from playing at the last hour or so and waste time taking points back and forth.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have this after the IOS update as well. It's either a bug, or they want to have the timer only available on the event cards, but they forgot to add it for Cage Match.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only place I can find time left in events on Android is pulling up the Event Rules. Why would you hide critical information like that? Does no one who actually plays this game do any playtesting?
  • ngoni wrote:
    Only place I can find time left in events on Android is pulling up the Event Rules. Why would you hide critical information like that? Does no one who actually plays this game do any playtesting?
    clearly accidental icon_rolleyes.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Fisben wrote:
    I updated to R71 on my Android Nexus 6 and now the Cage Match PVP no longer displays time left.

Hi,

Regarding the missing "Time Left" displays - Demiurge says it's a known issue and a fix is planned for R72. If I hear more I'll provide updates.

*Update: Helpful advice from forum user "ngoni":

You can still find "Time Left" by tapping the "Event Rewards" icon, then tapping "Event Rules."
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Fisben wrote:
    I updated to R71 on my Android Nexus 6 and now the Cage Match PVP no longer displays time left.

Hi,

Regarding the missing "Time Left" displays - Demiurge says it's a known issue and a fix is planned for R72. If I hear more I'll provide updates.

You can still find "Time Left" by tapping the "Event Rewards" icon, then tapping "Event Rules."

Was this known before the rollout or after? If it was known before the rollout, then they should have held off until it was fixed imo.
  • Is it just me or are the transitions in between moves and abilities a lot faster? If so, thanks!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Steam update is 623.3 MB. Wow. Just, wow.

What the heck is in there?
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not getting pts in nodes with waves in pve event...thanks for update
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    The Steam update is 623.3 MB. Wow. Just, wow.

What the heck is in there?

Turul will start digging and let you know soon icon_e_smile.gif
  • I submitted a ticket on this, and D3 did get back and say they are "aware" of the broken time on PVP. There is a workaround for it. Here's what you have to do:

1) Click on the Event, say Cage Match PVP
    2) Click on Event Rewards
    3) Click on Event Rules

The time left will be displayed there. It's not great, but at least you can still see it,
  • DuckyV wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Fisben wrote:

Hi,

Was this known before the rollout or after? If it was known before the rollout, then they should have held off until it was fixed imo.

More evidence that they don't have, and desperately need, a QA department. Anyone actually playing this patch for 2 mintues would have encountered this bug.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since this update the game has crashed multiple times at the beginning of the fights. Furthermore in a wave battle icon_e_sad.gif

I'm on Steam.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Fisben wrote:

Hi,

More evidence that they don't have, and desperately need, a QA department. Anyone actually playing this patch for 2 mintues would have encountered this bug.

Or more innocently, since they don't actually participate in events when they test things, it either slipped past them or they don't have an event timer (and/or it's random times).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or more innocently, since they don't actually participate in events when they test things, it either slipped past them or they don't have an event timer (and/or it's random times).
    I can't even understand why this was a piece of code they would've been messing with for any reason.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I can't even understand why this was a piece of code they would've been messing with for any reason.

I'm not saying they were changing timers. I'm saying that if they're changing things within the event's coding, it's easy to accidentally biff something up and not notice it. Alternatively, it's easy for something to interfere in a manner you wouldn't expect.
  • simonsez wrote:

I'm not saying they were changing timers. I'm saying that if they're changing things within the event's coding, it's easy to accidentally biff something up and not notice it. Alternatively, it's easy for something to interfere in a manner you wouldn't expect.

Put your conspiracy tin foil hats away. They have made a lot of changes lately, I do not think this is intentional, just one of those unintended consquences that does not show up in testing put "magically" appears when it goes live. Personally, I think DP is playing a trick on their software, maybe as revenge for his new "constipation" cover, although he can't be too upset over having a big head. (p)

Thankfully, it's just a minor inconvenience and not really broken. You can just look under the event rules or the time on your phone, watch, computer, clock, microwave, car, etc.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]-More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.

I'm guessing this was designed to prevent character lock-outs in Deadpool Daily - for example, the first daily event - before R71 hit - had CStorm as the 1-star node's opponent, and the game blocked me from using 1* Storm, forcing me to fight with only two characters (as I have three 1* characters total). Now, if this happens again, I can field a full team, because there's no "story" to this mode - it's just Deadpool playing with his dolls, like a simulator, where mirror matches are completely ok.

However, when applied to the survival nodes in Enemy of the State, I don't think this is working exactly as intended. Wolverine is specifically locked out of survival nodes in most of the event while he's brainwashed (he "doesn't qualify for the category requirements"), but it's nonetheless possible to use his Team-Ups - even when Wolverine himself shows up in one of the survival waves! This doesn't make any sense from a narrative perspective. In addition, his Team-Ups are still locked out for regular nodes in which he's on the enemy team. So basically, as long as you don't know he's coming, you can call him up for a Team-Up and he'll happily pop in to stab a Hand ninja (or himself!) for you...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]This doesn't make any sense from a narrative perspective.

Most of the time the bad guys want to do something, get defeated by you and they just proceed to do it anyways...having a Teamup of a locked out character is just a minor glitch compared to that.