Patch Notes - R71 (02/19/15)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings everyone!

It's time to take a look at the latest Marvel Puzzle Quest update.

R71 Patch Notes:

New Feature! Deadpool's Daily Quests! Deadpool. Taco Tokens. Daily.

The much-requested hero, Cyclops, has arrived!

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    -Numerous powers that involve selecting tiles (such as Bullseye's Murderous Aim, The Hood's Twin Pistols, etc.) can be used with Colossus’s Fastball Special again.
    Full List Of Powers Once Again Compatible With Fastball Special:
    All Captain America (both 2-Star and 3-Star) Powers
    All Black Widow (Grey Suit) Powers
    All Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Powers
    Bullseye: Murderous Aim
    Hawkeye (Classic): Arrow Stab
    Hawkeye (Classic): Take Aim
    Hawkeye (Modern): Blast Arrow
    Hawkeye (Modern): Electric Arrow
    The Hood: Twin Pistols
    Invisible Woman: Force Bubbles
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!): Polarity Shift
    Moonstone: Gravity Warp
    Rocket & Groot: I Got a Plan

-More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.

-In the mission map, you can now enter missions by tapping/clicking on their title on the map (as well as tapping/clicking on the mission pin a second time).

-Players must now create a name, by joining an Event, before the “Join Alliance” button shows up.

-Fixed a bug where, if a trap placed by Doctor Doom’s Diabolical Plot changed color, it wouldn’t be disarmed when Diabolical Plot was activated.

-Fixed a bug where minions were not generating AP of a color if there were only one or two tiles of that color on the board.

*Note: There is a known audio bug with missing music during some battles (noticeable while fighting Dr. Doom, for example). A fix is planned for R72.

Comments

• "The spot has been marked - and a much-requested hero arrives" looks like a certain visor-wearing X-Men is joining the fray

Love the team-up news! It's been frustrating not to be able to use some of my best characters.
    • Square
      Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      But if Cyclops is released, then people will have to stop saying that Marvel is controlling D3 and refusing to use X-Men/mutants to spite Fox over movie rights! icon_e_surprised.gif They'll have to stick to Fantastic Four theories...
    • IamTheDanger
      IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      The spot has been marked.....

X marks the spot.....

Gambit is an X-man, as well as Cyclops and Prof X......

All 3, much requested....

Prof X being my first choice.

Hmmmmm? I wonder, it could also be,.... well no, I don't think so. That particular character is not "much requested".
    • The spot has been marked.....

X marks the spot.....

Gambit is an X-man, as well as Cyclops......

Both, much requested....

Hmmmmm? I wonder, it could also be,.... well no, I don't think so. That particular character is not "much requested".

The reason I think it's Cyclops is because of his new visor

Cable_and_X-Force_Vol_1_7_Textless.jpg
    • Moon Roach
      Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Can't we introduce Doctor Slow-It-Down-For- ****'s-Sake, whose special power is to delay the release of new characters to 1 a month?

And the anti-naughty word system is very strange when it comes to hyphenated constructions with naughty words in them.
    • IamTheDanger
      IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Nerdgarcon wrote:
      The spot has been marked.....

X marks the spot.....

Gambit is an X-man, as well as Cyclops......

Both, much requested....

The reason I think it's Cyclops is because of his new visor

Cable_and_X-Force_Vol_1_7_Textless.jpg

Good point. I didn't think of that. But I still hope it's Prof. X. However, Cyclops is supposed to be coming very soon, and with the X shaped visor, it will probably be him. Which is still cool. I just hope if they do go with Cyclops, that they use the 90's version. That was always my favorite look fim him. Blue tights, yellow trunks, yellow utility belt around the waist and a 2nd one over the shoulder, yellow visor, and yellow boots. But that's just a personal preference.
    • SnowcaTT
      SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.

This is good news. The team-up blocking your character was just annoying. "Characters on enemy teams" means if they run GSBW you can still run OBW? that will be nice when the featured/buffed characters are also in the enemy nodes.
    • DrStrange-616
      DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
      Options
      SnowcaTT wrote:
      More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.

This is good news. The team-up blocking your character was just annoying. "Characters on enemy teams" means if they run GSBW you can still run OBW? that will be nice when the featured/buffed characters are also in the enemy nodes.

Be great. I wish it applied to all modes.
    • scottee
      scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      I suspect, in order of most likely, Cyclops, then Gambit, then Prof X.

I'd think if Prof X is ever brought in, he'd be a 4* as the leader/founder of the X-Men. Ooo, and he should have an ability like Mind Control, where you use the enemy's abilities against them.
    • evil panda
      evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Our spy extraordinaire already said it was Cyclops icon_twisted.gif
    • IReallyHatePVP
      Options
      Based on the bug fixes, I can safely guess our very first re-run of Enemy of the State is about to happen.

If Cyclops shows before Gambit(the ACTUAL poll winner) it may be time to pull down that Like from FB....
    • DrNitroman
      DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
      Options
      "David wrote:
      Moore"]
      It's time to take a look at what's planned for the next Marvel Puzzle Quest update.
      Still nothing about a daily PvE?
      I was hoping that the release of this new game mode was planned for soon... icon_cry.gif
      (even if I am aware that we just had unofficial informations about this icon_mrgreen.gif )
    • thanos8587
      Options
      new character. yeah. yippee. weee. icon_rolleyes.gif
    • ZeiramMR
      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Heh, better that character than The Spot.
    • Deadpool daily missions could be survival missions. He's being rewarded as final reward in gauntlet so this makes it likely for deadpool daily missions to come out next
    • "David wrote:
      Moore"]
      -Fixed a bug where minions were not generating AP of a color if there were only one or two tiles of that color on the board.

I thought this was an intentional feature? It seemed reasonable enough.
    • Based on the bug fixes, I can safely guess our very first re-run of Enemy of the State is about to happen.

If Cyclops shows before Gambit(the ACTUAL poll winner) it may be time to pull down that Like from FB....

I'm not sure about that, because Wolverine is never on your roster when he's on the survival nodes so he's not even selectable, and once you get him back he is never on the survival nodes. The other character the opponent get is Gorgon, who you can't have period. This would only impact teamups, and you could get around that by loading your Wolverine TUs in another match and then go to the survival mode. You can't add Wolverine TUs at this point (at least before patch) but the TUs you already loaded are still there. I'd hope this means they've releasing a new event that features more characters in a survival node because that change would have almost no impact to Enemy of the State.
    • CrankyDay wrote:
      "David wrote:
      Moore"]

I thought this was an intentional feature? It seemed reasonable enough.

I always thought this is a secret feature only a few knows. Not that there's any practical way to turn this into an advantage, but it was cool when it worked.
    • Woohoo! Colossus has been fixed. Team Tank (Grocket/Colossus) is a go!
    • AxeVirtuoso
      Options
      My guess id Professor X as the next 4 star. Really nice, since I didn't get a Star Lord . I'm sure I'll have Prof X fully covered in...a year and a half? icon_e_biggrin.gif
      icon_e_confused.gif