The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bullseye wrote:
    I'm finding it's a lot less difficult than the big ladder on hulk. 1st overall, 1st in Alaska, 2nd in Florida, 1st in Savage...by a few hundred points on each.

Hulks big board meant everyone was mistreated equally by rubber banding.

In this event I think rubber banding was determined based on how your main event group was performing against other main events.

I think it means that if ou dominate a poor performing group it carries over to buffing your points on the sub events.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Bullseye wrote:
    I'm finding it's a lot less difficult than the big ladder on hulk. 1st overall, 1st in Alaska, 2nd in Florida, 1st in Savage...by a few hundred points on each.

Hulks big board meant everyone was mistreated equally by rubber banding.

In this event I think rubber banding was determined based on how your main event group was performing against other main events.

I think it means that if ou dominate a poor performing group it carries over to buffing your points on the sub events.
    Yeah, last hunt you were kinda screwed over by the rubber banding if there weren't people pushing ahead of you in your main bracket. Honestly, I think the unbracketed main events was better
  • Jurippe
    Jurippe Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    This has been a sobering experience for me, I've had a maxed Ragnarok almost since the game began. Nonetheless, I scraped by the last mission with Spidey 106, XF Wolverine 166, and Hulk 30 Boosted.

I had the game under control until Venom got free and killed my devoured X-Force Wolverine. Had to thunderous clap everything to death with all the greens I never used. ew...
  • Not sure if I should even try going for 1st place since I can't do the IW missions and I've also failed against the lvl 240 enemies twice now lol. 500HP does sound really nice though. I could really use a few more cover slots.
  • Can someone tell me when the savage land sub ends? I don't wanna start a bracket yet but I don't wanna miss the savage land missions as they have hp rewards (unless that changed?).
  • Can someone tell me when the savage land sub ends? I don't wanna start a bracket yet but I don't wanna miss the savage land missions as they have hp rewards (unless that changed?).

Shows 1 day 3 hours left for me.
  • So how did people beat the last mission in the Alaska? Just need a lucky board to win?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    doneskis wrote:
    So how did people beat the last mission in the Alaska? Just need a lucky board to win?

I had a 60 hulk, 85 wolvie, 85 widow. go in with +3 all, +3 blue/purple, +3 red. Prioritize purples and greens, and steal AP from them whenever they are about to go off, or have hulk tank when you can't steal AP. Spam strike tiles, and go ares -> venom -> rag. It's pretty tough, I think I was able to complete it 3/5 attempts. Pray that they dont get lucky cascades.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Bullseye wrote:

How much are you grinding? Did you finish all the main missions yet? My current strategy is to ignore the last few missions in the main hunt quest so that I can maximize rubber banding.
  • doneskis wrote:
    So how did people beat the last mission in the Alaska? Just need a lucky board to win?

I had a 60 hulk, 85 wolvie, 85 widow. go in with +3 all, +3 blue/purple, +3 red. Prioritize purples and greens, and steal AP from them whenever they are about to go off, or have hulk tank when you can't steal AP. Spam strike tiles, and go ares -> venom -> rag. It's pretty tough, I think I was able to complete it 3/5 attempts. Pray that they dont get lucky cascades.

My success rate was about the same. I used a lvl 85 wolvie 70 spidey 40 hulk
    Stun lock until ares is gone. If ares hits spidey or wolvie with any skill just retreat because you lose.
    Also don't get complacent. I had all 3 on my team above 70% health with web tiles everywhere just pounding away on venom and rags. Venom came out of stun lock (I had blue tiles just wasn't watching) and ate my whole team. I suppose that's what happened, I attacked then set my phone down for like 10 seconds and came back and game was over. Lol
  • doneskis wrote:

My success rate was about the same. I used a lvl 85 wolvie 70 spidey 40 hulk
    Stun lock until ares is gone. If ares hits spidey or wolvie with any skill just retreat because you lose.
    Also don't get complacent. I had all 3 on my team above 70% health with web tiles everywhere just pounding away on venom and rags. Venom came out of stun lock (I had blue tiles just wasn't watching) and ate my whole team. I suppose that's what happened, I attacked then set my phone down for like 10 seconds and came back and game was over. Lol

lol yeah i gave it a couple shots and if the board is not to your favor, you are pretty much done for

Running with 45 Hulk/62 Spider/53 Hawkeye
    Maybe I should try replacing hawkeye with 85 wolv

my spidey only has 4 in blue though
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see how these 230 missions will be doable once spidey et al are nerfed
  • Spoit wrote:

hmm ok just beat it with spidey/hulk/wolverine team
    took a long time but yeah not sure how it will be possible once they nerf it
  • Well I've tried two more times and have been unsuccessful. Only have 2 blue in spidey. It's really brutal without a stun.
  • Spoit wrote:
    I did it with Hulk Punisher and OBW. But it took like 10 minutes so yeah no longer a mobile game
  • Well I've tried two more times and have been unsuccessful. Only have 2 blue in spidey. It's really brutal without a stun.

lot of it is luck....if theres no blue on board you are pretty much screwed...not to mention it takes a long time....
  • doneskis wrote:
    Well I've tried two more times and have been unsuccessful. Only have 2 blue in spidey. It's really brutal without a stun.

lot of it is luck....if theres no blue on board you are pretty much screwed...not to mention it takes a long time....

yeah, since wolverine isn't boosted this time around, you can't really race them either. They'll hit a miracle cascade eventually.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Does rubber banding for sub events happen with respect to the points of the leaders within your subbracket, or the leaders of the main bracket?
  • The level 240s are clearly meant to be done with 3 of the boosted characters, so if you don't have them high level, especially the one you're forced to use, of course they're not going to be beaten reliably. In fact I find the 3X level 120 fight to be harder than 3X240, because you're forced to use IW so it's basically like only having two characters, and you can't really establish any kind of synergy with only two (none of the boosted character works well in conjunction without Wolverine, but without Wolverine you don't have enough firepower via strike tiles to wear them down, unless you've a high level Punisher, and you sure aren't beating those guys with 2 unboosted characters reliably either).
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    The level 240s are clearly meant to be done with 3 of the boosted characters, so if you don't have them high level, especially the one you're forced to use, of course they're not going to be beaten reliably. In fact I find the 3X level 120 fight to be harder than 3X240, because you're forced to use IW so it's basically like only having two characters, and you can't really establish any kind of synergy with only two (none of the boosted character works well in conjunction without Wolverine, but without Wolverine you don't have enough firepower via strike tiles to wear them down, unless you've a high level Punisher, and you sure aren't beating those guys with 2 unboosted characters reliably either).
    Well not when wolvie was boosted... I guess that shows how good he is icon_e_smile.gif
    (Used low level pun/b.widow (modern) with high level wolvie for the final showdown in Hulk even).

I was able to pull this 240 hunt fight off 1/3 times with 40 some Hulk/10 cap/38 hood hah.
    Can't even do the 120 fight since I don't have IW.