*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found Squirrel Girl works quite well with my 5/3/5 Patch actually. If I have a good position I'll use Berserker Nuts, then match away some strike tiles. If I'm not in a good position, I'll just unleash the squirrel horde with my green AP instead.
  • so who else is using the fat girl for an easy score then dumping her (after the event ends)? icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
      Furry Friends 11 greentile.png
      Squirrel Girl commands her army of squirrels to swarm her foes and get all up in their business. Places 3 Green 3-turn Countdown tiles that deal 137 damage.
      (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, destroy a random basic tile for each Furry Friends Countdown tile.

Level 2: 219 dmg Level 3: ?? Level 4: ?? Level 5: ??
      Max Level: 4 3-turn Countdown tiles doing 1583 each

When is the 137 damage supposed to be dealt? (or the 1583 at level 4?). I was only half paying attention when I cast it, but I didn't see any initial burst of damage at casting, and only tile damage when the CD's went off. I'm wondering if I'm bugged.
    • Phaserhawk
      Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
      turul wrote:
        Furry Friends 11 greentile.png
        Squirrel Girl commands her army of squirrels to swarm her foes and get all up in their business. Places 3 Green 3-turn Countdown tiles that deal 137 damage.
        (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, destroy a random basic tile for each Furry Friends Countdown tile.

Level 2: 219 dmg Level 3: ?? Level 4: ?? Level 5: ??
        Max Level: 4 3-turn Countdown tiles doing 1583 each

When is the 137 damage supposed to be dealt? (or the 1583 at level 4?). I was only half paying attention when I cast it, but I didn't see any initial burst of damage at casting, and only tile damage when the CD's went off. I'm wondering if I'm bugged.

you get the damage when the CD tile resolves. As it is ticking down it destroys tiles, but the big damage payoff isn't until the CD timer goes off.
      • GrumpySmurf1002
        GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
        Phaserhawk wrote:

you get the damage when the CD tile resolves. As it is ticking down it destroys tiles, but the big damage payoff isn't until the CD timer goes off.[/quote]

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if they acted like Flame Jet or World Rupture. (though you think the Sentry comparisons would have clued me in). Thanks.
      • Phaserhawk
        Anyone else thinking her yellow is 5 cover material?

I'm truly bouncing around between a 5/3/5 build and a 5/5/3 build. Purple is situational and Green is high risk/ high reward, you drop 11 AP to watch your Cd tiles destroy a guy, or get destroyed themselves and do nothing. I'm really leaning towards 5/5/3 though and pairing her exclusively with Patch. Her yellow can negate all of his strike tiles he gives the enemy and purple can then obliterate them, not to mention she becomes very strong in PvE Daken nodes as she can one shot him as well, not to mention any Bullseye node as she collects purple and essentially putting damage tiles on the bored with his passive protect.

From what I see on green, there is a damage increase at lvl 4, and then a dmg increase and an extra tile at level 5, but the damage increase is not as much as it would seem as it's off put by getting an extra tile.

To get her yellow to work is fairly easy since most people target characters one by one leaving guys at full health for her to trigger full protect tile strength, which as anyone can see, pretty much invalidates attack damage and a lot of skills. I ask myself this in PvP, if I saw a squirrel girl, do I care about her green going off? No because I have 3 turns to blow her out of the water. Do I care about her purple, sometimes, it's still about 2.5K damage without any special tiles on the board, do I care if she gets yellow off for full 4 protect tiles thus delaying the game? Absolutely I do not want that happening, throw in a Luke Cage and you could have a team that is litterally untouchable.
      • hex706f726368
        hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
        January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Now you know why she was bumped ahead of Gambit.

That's just S.A.D.

(for those slow on the trigger: Squirrel Appreciation Day)
      • simonsez
        simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
        I've seen enough of her green so far, and enough of the nerfed World Rupture, to conclude that green is going to disappoint more often than not.
      • Trisul
        Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
        thanos8587 wrote:
        so who else is using the fat girl for an easy score then dumping her (after the event ends)? icon_lol.gif
        Aw, cruel man.
      • Dayv
        Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
        January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Now you know why she was bumped ahead of Gambit.
        Because Gambit is the worst?
      • Phaserhawk wrote:

I'm truly bouncing around between a 5/3/5 build and a 5/5/3 build. Purple is situational and Green is high risk/ high reward, you drop 11 AP to watch your Cd tiles destroy a guy, or get destroyed themselves and do nothing. I'm really leaning towards 5/5/3 though and pairing her exclusively with Patch. Her yellow can negate all of his strike tiles he gives the enemy and purple can then obliterate them, not to mention she becomes very strong in PvE Daken nodes as she can one shot him as well, not to mention any Bullseye node as she collects purple and essentially putting damage tiles on the bored with his passive protect.

From what I see on green, there is a damage increase at lvl 4, and then a dmg increase and an extra tile at level 5, but the damage increase is not as much as it would seem as it's off put by getting an extra tile.

To get her yellow to work is fairly easy since most people target characters one by one leaving guys at full health for her to trigger full protect tile strength, which as anyone can see, pretty much invalidates attack damage and a lot of skills. I ask myself this in PvP, if I saw a squirrel girl, do I care about her green going off? No because I have 3 turns to blow her out of the water. Do I care about her purple, sometimes, it's still about 2.5K damage without any special tiles on the board, do I care if she gets yellow off for full 4 protect tiles thus delaying the game? Absolutely I do not want that happening, throw in a Luke Cage and you could have a team that is litterally untouchable.
        I say yellow is likely her best power. I also say "end the turn" is nowhere as bad as people make it out to be. I wish we had more powerful effects tied to that drawback.

However I think blade is a much better pairing with patch, if you want a purple that feeds on his negative tiles. So is loki. So is elektra. And daredevil.
      • I think her main use won't be as much to pair with people as use against people. Her purple will be death against anyone who can produce a ton of tiles: including people like Blade and Daken who will/do see a lot of use, but also someone like Patch, Classic Magneto, Bullseye, Storm (1* or 3*) or Sentry. With some of these - Bullseye is a great example - you could deliberately keep matching purple, and then unleash death on the other team.

She also may be okay handled by the AI, since her abilities take long enough to get going they might be harder to misuse.
      • Houtro
        Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
        Why squirrels sound like the vampires urges from Blade? Are they evil squirrels?

Any difficult finding squirrels sounds!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-2TFrx3fg
      • Houtro wrote:
        Why squirrels sound like the vampires urges from Blade? Are they evil squirrels?

Any difficult finding squirrels sounds!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-2TFrx3fg

They are Dire Squirrels...

th?&id=HN.608006664753578533&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
      • NorthernPolarity
        NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
        Phaserhawk wrote:

Are you still trying to optimize for PvP? I thought we had this discussion before: her build is going to matter massively more for you in the heroic PvEs that shes featured in when she actually plays a major role on your team as opposed to her PvP (both of which happen at roughly the same frequency) where all shes going to do is be a glorified punching bag while xor does all the work. She's not good enough to be in any A teams as xor support, so the only time where her build actually matters is in the heroics where you can't xor guys down.

As for her build, I dunno. I'm leaning 3/5/5 because defense tiles generally suck, and ending the turn sucks. Defense tiles lose a lot of value after they are able to prevent all match damage, and SG's tiles at 3 yellow should do that just fine. Purple is going to be great in heroics against all the bullseye / daken nodes, and green is clearly her best ability. I need to finish coding up the AI update for my simulator before I can give some numbers on how many tiles you can expect to survive before being able to quantify how good green is, but yeah. Also note that since green gives you AP, its more like lightning storm with the potential for damage at the end, instead of being all about the damage: the AP generation is still sweet.
      • If you matched your own CD you likely get 3 green AP back, paying for roughly 1/4th of the cost of the ability to use it again. Therefore, you don't really have to consider the cost of losing the CD at all from your end. If you lose it, it's paying for itself anyway, and if you somehow destroyed it with a match 4 you'll live. Of course for the opponent it's just your standard (number of tiles expected to be matched by AI per turn) * (number of turns the tile needs to stay up) * (number of special tiles) / 64 and there's nothing particularly vulnerable about her tiles compared to any other special tile. So far I found that the green cause quite a bit of cascade and often end up destroying itself, but as mentioned before destroying your own CD in an unanticipated cascade roughly pays for itself to be used again later so you can think of the damage as merely deferred.
      • Phaserhawk
        Phaserhawk wrote:

Are you still trying to optimize for PvP? I thought we had this discussion before: her build is going to matter massively more for you in the heroic PvEs that shes featured in when she actually plays a major role on your team as opposed to her PvP (both of which happen at roughly the same frequency) where all shes going to do is be a glorified punching bag while xor does all the work. She's not good enough to be in any A teams as xor support, so the only time where her build actually matters is in the heroics where you can't xor guys down.

As for her build, I dunno. I'm leaning 3/5/5 because defense tiles generally suck, and ending the turn sucks. Defense tiles lose a lot of value after they are able to prevent all match damage, and SG's tiles at 3 yellow should do that just fine. Purple is going to be great in heroics against all the bullseye / daken nodes, and green is clearly her best ability. I need to finish coding up the AI update for my simulator before I can give some numbers on how many tiles you can expect to survive before being able to quantify how good green is, but yeah. Also note that since green gives you AP, its more like lightning storm with the potential for damage at the end, instead of being all about the damage: the AP generation is still sweet.

Wait....her green generates AP? So the tiles you randomly blow up, you get the AP for that? If that's true then yes, I will reevaluate my thought on build. Playing her with Patch, I'm starting to like the purple so I will for sure max that, and as you said it's a nice counter to Daken and Bullseye nodes. The question then is if green does generate AP, then it's a no brainer 3/5/5. If green only gets you AP off a potential cascade then I"m not sure.
      • Phaserhawk wrote:

Wait....her green generates AP? So the tiles you randomly blow up, you get the AP for that? If that's true then yes, I will reevaluate my thought on build. Playing her with Patch, I'm starting to like the purple so I will for sure max that, and as you said it's a nice counter to Daken and Bullseye nodes. The question then is if green does generate AP, then it's a no brainer 3/5/5. If green only gets you AP off a potential cascade then I"m not sure.

Green generates AP for the random tile(s) destroyed each turn.
      • Phaserhawk
        Phantron wrote:
        Phaserhawk wrote:

Wow, it doesn't say that and I didnt' pay attention. Well, 5 green then for sure and probably 5 purple then so 3/5/5 here I come.

I was buidling her on PvE potential. I was looking at it from going against a level 395 where a strong shield would help you live longer, but since green generates AP it's her best skill. So then I would say 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 as the 2 best builds. I could make arguements for both, but I want to Patch combo her so I"ll go 3/5/5 now.
      • Phaserhawk wrote:
        Phantron wrote:
        Phaserhawk wrote:

Wow, it doesn't say that and I didnt' pay attention. Well, 5 green then for sure and probably 5 purple then so 3/5/5 here I come.

I was buidling her on PvE potential. I was looking at it from going against a level 395 where a strong shield would help you live longer, but since green generates AP it's her best skill. So then I would say 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 as the 2 best builds. I could make arguements for both, but I want to Patch combo her so I"ll go 3/5/5 now.

From looking at all my characters, all abilities that destroy tiles generate AP unless they specifically said they do not.