*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

edited January 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=wolverine3]Wolverine (Patch)[/anchor] icon_wolverine.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 61/70/13/12/79/11/4.0
    Berserker Rage - 9 Green greentile.png
    Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies)
      Level 2: Deals 284 damage. Level 3: Creates 3 Strike tiles for each team. Level 4: Creates 4 Strike tiles for each team. Level 5: Creates 6 Strike tiles for each team.
    Max Level: Deals 2087 damage, 148 damage per Strike tiles for allies and enemies.
      Best There Is - Red 14 redtile.png
      Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon.
        Level 2: Create a Red Strike tile for each team. Level 3: Creates 2 Red Strike tiles for each team. (Max: 115 for each tile) Level 4: 22 damage for each icon. Level 5: 35 damage for each icon.
      Max Level: Deals 253 damage per tile, 174 Strike tiles for allies, 87 for enemies
        Healing Factor - Yellow PASSIVE
        Every turn there are 12 or more Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
          Level 2: Requires 11 or more Yellow tiles. Level 3: Requires 10 or more Yellow tiles. Level 4: Also recovers 15 health if there are fewer than 10 Yellow tiles. Level 5: Recovers 59 health in all circumstances.
        Max Level: Restores 435 health per turn.

        (older version below)
        (stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

        [anchor=wolverine3]Wolverine (Patch)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 5800 Tile damage: 52/60/12/11/67/10
          Berserker Rage - 9 Green AP
          Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies)
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Deals 284 damage. Level 3: Creates 3 Strike tiles for each team. Level 4: Creates 4 Strike tiles for each team. Level 5: Creates 6 Strike tiles for each team.
          Max Level: Deals 1780 damage, 148 damage per Strike tiles for allies and enemies.
            Best There Is - Red 14 AP
            Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Create a Red Strike tile for each team. Level 3: Creates 2 Red Strike tiles for each team. Level 4: 22 damage for each icon. Level 5: 35 damage for each icon.
            Max Level: Deals 216 damage per tile, 148 Strike tiles for allies, 74 for enemies
              Healing Factor - Yellow Passive
              (PASSIVE) (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 12 or more Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Requires 11 or more Yellow tiles. Level 3: Requires 10 or more Yellow tiles. Level 4: Also recovers 15 health if there are fewer than 10 Yellow tiles. Level 5: Recovers 59 health in all circumstances.
              Max Level: Restores 371 health per turn.

              (original post follows)

              Wolverine (Patch)
              3 Star Rarity (Rare)
              Berserker Rage - Green 9 AP
              Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies) DEV NOTE: 24 damage Strike tile base
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Deals 284 damage. Level 3: Creates 3 Strike tiles for each team. Level 4: Creates 4 Strike tiles for each team. Level 5: Creates 6 Strike tiles for each team.
              Best There Is - Red 14 AP
              Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon. DEV NOTE: 24 damage Strike tile base for allies, 12 for enemies
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Creates a Red Strike tile for each team. Level 3: Creates 2 Red Strike tiles for each team. Level 4: 22 damage for each icon Level 5: 35 damage for each icon
              Healing Factor - (PASSIVE) Yellow
              (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 12 or more Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
                Level 2: Requires 11 or more Yellow tiles. Level 3: Requires 10 or more Yellow tiles. Level 4: Recovers 15 health if there are fewer than 10 Yellow tiles. Level 5: Recovers 59 health in all circumstances.
              Failed to load the poll.
              «13456743

              Comments

              • Last page

                When the X-Men are presumed dead, Wolverine goes undercover, buying a stake in the Princess Bar in the small island nation of Madripoor, hotbed of inequality and corruption. Without his teammates to cool his temper, his response to injustice is swift and harsh.
              • I haven't been able to play today for a while. Is this a new hero released or a theorized "create your own character"?
              • Its a cover i received from a daily reward
              • mischiefmakermischiefmaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 932
                Awesome, thanks for the sneak peek!

                Holding judgment until we have more information but at first glance I am very excited -- from what we have so far I think he has potential to be a top 5 guy.
              • The intriguing wrinkle to his powers are the "creates strike tiles for both teams" aspects. Should make things very interesting.
              • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
                It would be nice to have a higher level cap wolv to take some of the tiles away from rag, and regen, but I'm not so sure about the 'giving enemy strike tiles' part. Especially if they scale really high.

                Any math whizzes able to guestimate his regen at max level compared to 2*'s?
              • What day is it the daily reward for?
              • mischiefmakermischiefmaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 932
                At level 15 it's 59, which is 7.7% of 760.

                For reference, 2* Wolverine's is 21 at level 6, which is 5.3%, and Daken's tops out at 5% also.

                760 health at L15 is the same as Magneto classic, who tops out at 5800 health. If everything scales, that's 447 heal at max level, which is, uh, kind of absurd.

                I guess if the # of tiles decreases by 1 for each level, it's 8 tiles at max level required, which is a bit high -- you won't trigger it every turn, especially on boards where you or your opponent actually want to match yellow.
              • Not to say I don't believe this but a screen shot would be nice
              • Jamin wrote:
                Lvl 15 Health 760
                8y/10r/4blu/4p/11g/4blk 4.0xCrit 3Environ

                Berserkers Rage 9G
                Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies).
                Level 2: Deals 284 damage

                Best There Is 14R
                Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon
                Level 2: Creates a Red Strike tile for each team

                Healing Factor 0Y
                (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 12 or mroe Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
                Level 2: Requires 11 or mroe Yellow tiles.

                Wow, are you serious on this? Would love to get him, 3* Wolve! icon_e_biggrin.gif
              • sparksue wrote:
                Jamin wrote:
                Lvl 15 Health 760
                8y/10r/4blu/4p/11g/4blk 4.0xCrit 3Environ

                Berserkers Rage 9G
                Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies).
                Level 2: Deals 284 damage

                Best There Is 14R
                Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon
                Level 2: Creates a Red Strike tile for each team

                Healing Factor 0Y
                (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 12 or mroe Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
                Level 2: Requires 11 or mroe Yellow tiles.

                Wow, are you serious on this? Would love to get him, 3* Wolve! icon_e_biggrin.gif

                Eh. I dunno, I'm not at all impressed. It's a pretty much a straight upgraded 2* wolverine that gives the enemy strike tiles too, from what I can see.
              • Eh, I'm totally calling shenanigans for now. You can easily google how to take screenshots and post them on forums, and the fact that it's taking so long is making me quite skeptical...
              • Can you use him at all and if so are the strike tiles the same damage for both teams?
              • Kyosokun wrote:
                sparksue wrote:
                Jamin wrote:
                Lvl 15 Health 760
                8y/10r/4blu/4p/11g/4blk 4.0xCrit 3Environ

                Berserkers Rage 9G
                Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (Green for allies, Purple for enemies).
                Level 2: Deals 284 damage

                Best There Is 14R
                Wolverine deals 16 damage for each tile on the board that bears his icon
                Level 2: Creates a Red Strike tile for each team

                Healing Factor 0Y
                (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 12 or mroe Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 59 health.
                Level 2: Requires 11 or mroe Yellow tiles.

                Wow, are you serious on this? Would love to get him, 3* Wolve! icon_e_biggrin.gif

                Eh. I dunno, I'm not at all impressed. It's a pretty much a straight upgraded 2* wolverine that gives the enemy strike tiles too, from what I can see.

                Ops...i just notice that all his ability are given strike tiles for both team. Guess I might have to give it a miss... icon_redface.gif But might have to wait for his max level skill then whether is it useful or not.
                Purple tiles for enemies look good to me since most of my match board doesn't really include alot of purple. icon_rolleyes.gif
              • sparksue wrote:
                Ops...i just notice that all his ability are given strike tiles for both team. Guess I might have to give it a miss... icon_redface.gif But might have to wait for his max level skill then whether is it useful or not.
                Purple tiles for enemies look good to me since most of my match board doesn't really include alot of purple. icon_rolleyes.gif

                Even without that, there's not really much new or exciting about the char. It's a buffed wolv who looks like he'll operate much the same way 2* Wolv does, except with more expensive abilities. The 3 Widows all operate differently, and thats interesting. Even X-Force Wolv is more interesting, even if in practice he's not any good.
              • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                Anybody getting this early is getting it due to a bug with daily rewards coming out too fast for some players. It's a day 90 reward, apparently, and most long time players are on day 78 of rewards. That or this is an organized hoax.

                Since it's an early release, there's no clue whether the powers are even final yet, or whether devs will let bugged giveaways of it stand for now.

                Anybody who got this, did you get a cover that creates the strike tiles for both sides? Do they differ in strength, or are they equal for both?
              • GuntherBlobelGuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
                edited January 2014
                Badman82 wrote:
                Not to say I don't believe this but a screen shot would be nice

                I very much do not believe this. As another poster said: " screen shot or it didn't happen. "
              • Oversoul wrote:
                Eh, I'm totally calling shenanigans for now. You can easily google how to take screenshots and post them on forums, and the fact that it's taking so long is making me quite skeptical...
                same here. it looks like a well organized hoax. guess we need to wait a bit.

                taking a screenshot in the phone is simple. taking a screenshot via Steam is even simpler - press one button, then press another to upload it.
              • TheVultureTheVulture Posts: 347 Mover and Shaker
                Quite an odd looking character - might breathe some life into characters who need the opponent to have special tiles, like Loki and Yelena Belova, but that's a stretch...

                Will be interesting to see the 5th upgrades! icon_e_geek.gif
              • I bet he would team well with Loki and OBW.
              Sign In or Register to comment.