*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the character with unmatched damage strengths and skill colors are design errors, or at least design artifacts, rather than intentional, but some players disagree and craft elaborate theories to explain the inconsistencies.

GSBW has OBW's tile strengths. I suspect they were developed in tandem and then diverged.

Magneto did not originally have three skills, but had strong yellow damage from before his purple skill was added.

3* Daken was based on 2* Daken, who does not have three skills, but had strong green damage from before 3* Daken's blue skill was added.

Ragnarok only has two strong match damage colors. He's a straight-up anomaly. Possibly an experiment or the first two-skill character they created.
  • it looks like they changed her color strenghts. now she is strong in green red and purple
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    I don't know if anyone noticed but R58 fixed GSBW's colors. She now hits on Green/Red/Purple instead of p/b/b
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jjosh wrote:
    I don't know if anyone noticed but R58 fixed GSBW's colors. She now hits on Green/Red/Purple instead of p/b/b

Hurray!!!

I definitely welcome that change. Now they need to fix Magneto! And change Hood's Passive Blue to Passive Purple.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    WHAT THE KITTY!? icon_evil.gif
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    primakov wrote:
    it looks like they changed her color strenghts. now she is strong in green red and purple
    Yeah I saw that too... weird
  • Ninja change once again. So much for letting us know. !?.!?
  • yes... saw that too. Thanks to one of my alliance member. Now is no longer blue and black as strong color. Back to green, purple, red. I wonder why the (ninja) changes and the implications ?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Hannybal wrote:
    yes... saw that too. Thanks to one of my alliance member. Now is no longer blue and black as strong color. Back to green, purple, red. I wonder why the (ninja) changes and the implications ?
    Deceptive tactics. Black Widow infiltrated the office to change her own tile numbers.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I saw this in-game today and I was soooooo confused for a second.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Horrible change. I was going with a nuke heavy lineup with her and lazy Thor and with this change she tanks green over his. Combined with her low health she's unusable for any prolonged period of time
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally! Now I can look at the other characters with weird tile matchs and see if anything else changed.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Even it's a slight annoyance, can someone in an official capacity provide a reason for the Black Widow change in color power?

It does make sense from a power perspective, but messes with team synergy.
  • what change? Mine is still showing the original green/red/purple
  • grimbergen wrote:
    what change? Mine is still showing the original green/red/purple
    I believe he is talking about the damage each colored tile does. In the wiki, GSBW's strongest tiles are - Blue/Purple/Black = 60/67/52 damage
    while in-game right now her strongest tiles are - Red/Green/Purple = 29/33/38 (level 66 since I never use her).
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    grimbergen wrote:
    what change? Mine is still showing the original green/red/purple

Her tile strengths (for matching) have changed from purple/blue/black to purple/green/red
  • Oh and there's another even bigger nerf -- her pruple power laying green only works on basic tiles now. ****. She was already kinda weak with low health, now this.
  • grimbergen wrote:
    Oh and there's another even bigger nerf -- her pruple power laying green only works on basic tiles now. ****. She was already kinda weak with low health, now this.

It was always that way. You couldn't overwrite tiles (or enviro tiles) with her power.
  • It was always only basic tiles.

I kinda like the colour change even though I wouldn't necessarily call it a buff. Her old colours made her more synergistic with the abundant amount of red/green characters, but I always preferred to avoid teaming her up with any of them. So it suits my team compositions better.
  • AH...ok.my bad. I'm so confused with who can do what when laying down tiles.