Starfall - July 25-27 - Season IV

Options
123457»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I find it disturbing, that 900+ is needed for top 10, and 1100 for top5.

I also found out that Sentry is bad without a maxed UDaken.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    I also found out that Sentry is bad without a maxed UDaken.
    WorldRunner and his X/Sentry/Bagman says hi.

Adios WR, your troll team will be missed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    1300 points wouldn't have gotten me top 5 in my bracket. Bad craziness. Weirdly, #10 was 844; I was in #8 with 1019 and I think I had 100 points above and below me. I don't feel like I got my 300 hp worth out of it (mainly because I could have gotten top 25 for 75 hp, I imagine), but at least I didn't net out too badly.

I'll be really, really happy once they've fixed the tinykitty sharding.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    8B7993ADB641770899E6D6F6FD7B9C37CE988896

How's this for a bracket of doom? 1373 required for fifth place. I was lucky as Raphael Majere unshielded at the last minute and got hit allowing me to sneak into 5th otherwise 1376 would have been required.

Crazy hard bracket and well played to everyone involved.

Edit: also, would be grateful if someone could teach me an easy way on how to resize images on the forums from steam cloud.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:

How's this for a bracket of doom? 1373 required for fifth place. I was lucky as Raphael Majere unshielded at the last minute and got hit allowing me to sneak into 5th otherwise 1376 would have been required.

Edit: also, would be grateful if someone could teach me an easy way on how to resize images on the forums from steam cloud.

Yah. I woke up with aout 75 minutes left surprised that I was at 7th with almost 1300 so had to do a few hops. The sharding is definitely back in full effect and I haven't exactly been putting up 1600 + every week (or close to as there's no point)

As far as the post regarding sentry sucking without daken, all it means is you need to wisely use his yellow for the 1K!!! strike tile before using his green win button. Something very satisfying though seeing 1500 tic off the enemies every freaking timer for like 15k+

He's also the only character I can think of that can EASILY kill the entire other team very reliably and quite fast. Something I'd expect more of a 4* like Xforce/Iwoman (rofl) or Fury

I have to say the sharding is an awful way of handling things as the higher rewards should go to players with maxed rosters. Perhaps removing a reason for maxed roster players to put up 1500 every event for some magical meta alliance/season score is a better approach? It seems devs are more worried that 2* players can't get the 4* cover or all the 3* covers so bunching all the 3* maxed rosters together is their solution. A bad one and hopefully it ends soon.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm in these types of brackets and have 0 maxed 3*
  • Unknown
    Options
    With 8 minutes left I saw #6 1023 points chiamone unshield to pass me up I had 1055, 4 minutes pass by he ended up back in #5 at 1069, which was 1 point from 4th place 1070 while pushing me into 6th place. I won a def battle and got 10 points, down by 4 points. I decided to unshield, boost up and took a chance at a pretty decent team for 24 points. Won it in under 2 minutes. Less than a minute left. I see I'm now at #4 with 1089 points. Chiamone got 6th because of 1 point.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:

I uh, may have taken a good 40 points off him during a last minute hop icon_redface.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Dump it into Photobucket (or your imagehost of choice) and resize there?
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

Was previously on a imageshack then they changed to a paid model.. now i'm wary of all these 3rd party services. Thing is steam cloud is already free and pressing F12 automatically snaps and it's a button press from uploading to the cloud.. it's so convenient... I'm also on skydrive's which is just as convenient but gives out too much personal data when sharing on the web so I don't really want another 3rd party locker that I can't remember the password for...

In order to upload that shot what I did was press f12, find the local copy, edit via Microsoft office picture manager (don't ask that's all I have) to reduce it to a forum friendly size (700 width), upload to cloud, get link, post on forum. There must be an easier way.. maybe through using bbcode?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

Was previously on a imageshack then they changed to a paid model.. now i'm wary of all these 3rd party services. Thing is steam cloud is already free and pressing F12 automatically snaps and it's a button press from uploading to the cloud.. it's so convenient... I'm also on skydrive's which is just as convenient but gives out too much personal data when sharing on the web so I don't really want another 3rd party locker that I can't remember the password for...

In order to upload that shot what I did was press f12, find the local copy, edit via Microsoft office picture manager (don't ask that's all I have) to reduce it to a forum friendly size (700 width), upload to cloud, get link, post on forum. There must be an easier way.. maybe through using bbcode?

I use steam and upload it to imgur, which I don't have an account on. Then I use the large thumbnail option to post it to forums. The size may differ based on your resolution? I'm not sure. But this is the size that it makes mine.

CDgAH9Zl.jpg
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    upload it to imgur, which I don't have an account on. Then I use the large thumbnail option to post it to forums.
    Same here except I make screenshots through Dropbox, then go to imgur, and include the link to the original image so that anyone can view it by clicking the large thumbnail. E.g.:

PY1rVrDl.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked, ты можешь просто использовать наш fastpic. Там размеры превью можно задавать сразу. Пользовался им очень много, когда вёл скриншотопись результатов нашего альянса. Или когда постил мемы. Кстати, надо бы сделать парочку новых...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    locked, ты можешь просто использовать наш fastpic. Там размеры превью можно задавать сразу. Пользовался им очень много, когда вёл скриншотопись результатов нашего альянса. Или когда постил мемы. Кстати, надо бы сделать парочку новых...
    I got used to imgur, more or less :3 Thanks for the tip.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Me too. icon_e_biggrin.gif But for big images fastpic is better and quicker.

P.S. Кстати, может быть стоит завести специальную тему для общения русскоязычных как это заведено на всех приличных буржуйских форумах (это я про разделы общения для иноязычных)? Практиковать свой ангельский с живыми носителями это, конечно, архиздорово, но всё-таки на Великом и Могучем мысли как-то в разы лучше печатаются. icon_lol.gif Да и наших в игре немало. Частенько встречаю русские ники и названия альянсов.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I play on my ipad so when I want to upload a pic I snapshot it, email it to myself and then upload it to imgur on my computer. Imgur has an easy "edit" option and you can lock the aspect ratio and just % change it until it's the size you like. Mine seems to default to "way too big" size, so I put in ~50% and it looks pretty good.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    OTERSEY wrote:
    Me too. icon_e_biggrin.gif But for big images fastpic is better and quicker.

P.S. Кстати, может быть стоит завести специальную тему для общения русскоязычных как это заведено на всех приличных буржуйских форумах (это я про разделы общения для иноязычных)? Практиковать свой ангельский с живыми носителями это, конечно, архиздорово, но всё-таки на Великом и Могучем мысли как-то в разы лучше печатаются. icon_lol.gif Да и наших в игре немало. Частенько встречаю русские ники и названия альянсов.
    I don't think there are nearly enough Russian-speaking forumites for that; we don't have a Spanish/Portuguese/French/German/Korean/etc subforum, and I'm pretty sure there are more Spanish/Portuguese/etc-speaking MPQ users than Russian ones. It's a small community, after all.