Starfall - July 25-27 - Season IV

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    (I bet that Hood is more desirable than Carol despite being a much older character). Let the blood flow!

* Edit: ew, that sounded better in my head.

Yeah, that's wrong on a couple of different levels.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    (I bet that Hood is more desirable than Carol despite being a much older character). Let the blood flow!

Yeah, that's wrong on a couple of different levels.

icon_eek.gif Exactly...holy phrasing Batman!!

glad she left it, rather than editting it! icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

mpPuO6x.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    locked wrote:

mpPuO6x.jpg

this pic is so fitting. This pvp is going to be nasty.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So just fought another team that was the same as mine - Patch, Loki, Sentry - but with a much lower level Sentry.

And realized that this might not be the best team for this event. Pretty good on offense, but on defense... My Patch didn't even need berserker rage, the other guy's was enough to let my world rupture finish it. Sentry is an extremely powerful Patch counter.

So what's a good Sentry counter for defense? CStorm + Patch? Too low health...
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    So just fought another team that was the same as mine - Patch, Loki, Sentry - but with a much lower level Sentry.

And realized that this might not be the best team for this event. Pretty good on offense, but on defense... My Patch didn't even need berserker rage, the other guy's was enough to let my world rupture finish it. Sentry is an extremely powerful Patch counter.

Ragnarok is good if you have a poor sentry - he clears out a lot of world rupture cheap. If you have a good sentry - some combo of hood/daken/hulk? Maybe spidey - defensive tiles really do help against world rupture and he can get them out even with the AI not knowing what to do. I haven't started yet, so it's hard to say for sure.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    kalirion wrote:

Ragnarok is good if you have a poor sentry - he clears out a lot of world rupture cheap. If you have a good sentry - some combo of hood/daken/hulk? Maybe spidey - defensive tiles really do help against world rupture and he can get them out even with the AI not knowing what to do. I haven't started yet, so it's hard to say for sure.
    Been using Sentry daken hood combo and its a pretty most deadly team.. Daken strike tiles and hood stealing makes world rupture an instagib for the other team.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    unbemator wrote:
    'Been using Sentry daken hood combo and its a pretty most deadly team.. Daken strike tiles and hood stealing makes world rupture an instagib for the other team.

Makes sense - lots of teams work on offense, but defense is largely about making a team that the AI can't screw up. Passive abilities like hood's and daken's are good, and the only thing holding sentry back is the AI might save yellow for hood instead of just using sacrifice.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Join late - end up in a bracket with Nemek.

Join early - wind up with BubbleBoy.

Thanks sharding!
  • Unknown
    Options
    unbemator wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    kalirion wrote:

Been using Sentry daken hood combo and its a pretty most deadly team.. Daken strike tiles and hood stealing makes world rupture an instagib for the other team.

My Sentry not exactly good, but decent buffed I guess - Level 89 (prebuff), 2 Red, 5 Green, 1 Yellow. My LDaken(63-1P,3Black,3Blue) & Hood (78-3Y,2Blue,1BLack) are worthless atm. These are the highest level guys & gals I have (plus other maxed 2*s ofc) http://i.imgur.com/CEPgKF2.png
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't used Sentry much, mine's not that great, so I have a question. In an event where you're going to need your Sentry for multiple fights at a time, do you use his powers?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Defense tiles mess with WR something fierce. If it weren't for the blue taking away from laken and the yellow slowing down sacrifice, I might even considering using gold bagman, if you wanted an annoying defensive team. I guess cmags would be the next best option
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Join late - end up in a bracket with Nemek.

Join early - wind up with BubbleBoy.

Thanks sharding!

Aw come on... you know you need some incentive to test your limits! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    unbemator wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    kalirion wrote:

My Sentry not exactly good, but decent buffed I guess - Level 89 (prebuff), 2 Red, 5 Green, 1 Yellow. My LDaken(63-1P,3Black,3Blue) & Hood (78-3Y,2Blue,1BLack) are worthless atm. These are the highest level guys & gals I have (plus other maxed 2*s ofc) http://i.imgur.com/CEPgKF2.png
    Why'd you invest so much into Bagdevil =[
  • Unknown
    Options
    kalirion wrote:

I'm thinking OBW would make a good third. On defense, she can increase the timers on WR, which is annoying and may lead to them matching more away. As an added bonus on offense she can extend a play session by giving you fake health to eat instead of real health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure which would be my best bet for this event: Sentry / Daken / LThor or Sentry / Patch / CMags?
    Roster stats: Punisher 3/5/5, LThor 3/5/5, Patch 5/3/5 all maxed, LDaken 5/5/1 l142, CMags 5/4/1 l130, Sentry 3/4/5 l99.
    The idea behind Sentry / Patch / CMags is to play as usual, ignoring Sentry for Patch's green + Cmags' blue combo.
    Sentry / Daken / LThor seems stronger in defense and I'd use that once getting past, say, 600 points.
    Anything I'm missing out on?
    Thanks!
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Roketsu86 wrote:
    kalirion wrote:

I'm thinking OBW would make a good third. On defense, she can increase the timers on WR, which is annoying and may lead to them matching more away. As an added bonus on offense she can extend a play session by giving you fake health to eat instead of real health.
    She does work reasonably well against World Rupture but it's like painting a target on yourself too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Well i was talking having them with full covers and having daken and hood almost maxed, sry for omit that part.
    My hood is lvl 160 and daken lvl 166... At this level they are very lethal with Sentry.. ur hood and daken at those lvls aint very efective yet.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    If someone sees me feel free to hit me - interested to find out how my baby Sentry/Daken/Falcon team works out on defence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm running Sentry/Hood/Daken atm. It's working well on offense, but Hood's complete lack of HP means I have to use a healthpack on him every 3 fights or so, just from the World Rupture self-damage.