Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 2*

Comments

• But wouldn't the character be so much better if any one of the following would have taken place?

1) Change the names of the powers and change the graphic to a pic of any other marvel character.......Boom! Semi-lazy new charatcter.

2) Change the colors of RetroLazy HT so that we don't have ANOTHER red/green character.

Having a new 2* is awesome. Giving a **** about how it affects the players both playwise and morale wise is very lacking.

I think it is pretty stupid to introduce a 2* lazy character, but at the same time I do not really care since I can just skip this PvE.
  • Cool! A 39.3% chance to get Moonstone, Ares, or 2* Cap.

That even screws new players cause only one of those is any good. icon_e_smile.gif

You missed the buffed chance to get Bullseye too.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    At least this could have been used to change his green to yellow. icon_e_sad.gif

As I have the *** version with all covers I see no reason to sweat about him.

As a general not I found Torch fun to play with but on defense he completely sucks: low health and AI is clueless how to use him, possibly even mess up others. So adding him to the game like this is a really bad move. (I would be enthusiastic if they tought the AI to play the jet as it is supposed to.)

I call him Human Candle until see a better id.
  • will anyone with a developed 3* roster even use 2* matchstick except when he is required? i know for certain that i will not. even if i have him cover maxxed...i cant see a scenario that would justify wasting ISO on this coward.

marc
  • I wouldn't have cared which 2* came out because I would never put iso in em. Now I somehow care less than before.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    We probably shouldn't have to fight too hard to max cover him cause if he's 2 stars, he'll be given away like candy after each PVP fight very soon. Everyone will have all 13 covers within a month
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm one who has been asking for more 2* characters, since the 2*'s can't compete for very long: three matches or so and your roster is all toast, can't continue playing.

That said, 2* rewards are pointless now. I can fully cover any 2* character in about two weeks, between lightning rounds and PVP play. The 2*'s drop like rain, there is no reason for them to be rewards (other than encouraging folks to not play the event).

Also, what is the first thing I'm going to do to put this guy on my roster? Sell either my bagman that I started covering during the lightning rounds this week (2/2/2, no ISO spent), or selling the 1* widow I still have, since level changes made most max-level 1* rosters the same level as one-cover 3*'s. No reason to keep them.

If the developers really wanted me to diversify my roster, they'd give me a reason to keep Bagman (and others) on it, rather than dumping them every time they get a new character.

TLDR: yay more 2*'s! Now please balance the old ones so they are all actually playable!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay more 2*'s! Now please balance the old ones so they are all actually playable!

Also, 2*'s drop like rain in PVP reward structure, really no reason to make them top rewards. How about making those PVP rewards heroic tokens instead, to give a (slim) chance for non-2* rewards? It's about the only way the 2* rosters can ever get to 3* at this point anyway.
  • I'm a 3 star player and I think it's great.

Add more variety for players still in the 2*-3* transition, and more options for characters buffed in PVE.
  • As a 3* player, i still believe more 2*s are good for the transition period for 2-3*players.
  • everyone is like MEMEME.,,,,

really want to know if any 2* player welcome the new 2* cover.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merged the 2* Torch discussion threads.
  • Baby Torch? Tin Torch? It wouldn't bug me a fraction as much if it was a new 2* character. Or if they used a cover from a better Fantastic Four run (between Byrne and Simonson was kinda meh).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    will anyone with a developed 3* roster even use 2* matchstick except when he is required? i know for certain that i will not. even if i have him cover maxxed...i cant see a scenario that would justify wasting ISO on this coward.

marc
    That reminds me of another thing REALLY not a fan of them constantly requiring 2*s while locking out the 3* version
  • "Lame on!"
    I suppose we must endure Human Splorch in our rosters for future PVEs.
  • worst joke ever! its absurd
  • "Lame on!"
    I suppose we must endure Human Splorch in our rosters for future PVEs.

God I wish I thought of that first.

More 2* characters is nice, and it's not like Human Torch is bad. But this is a really lazy move for a game still missing a lot of A list Marvel characters.
  • Since 3* upgrades of existing characters are called "gold" characters, does that mean that downgrades of existing characters are pyrite?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have honestly taken a Lazy Yelena (2* or 3* with a 3rd ability) over a downgraded Human Torch.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Also, what is the first thing I'm going to do to put this guy on my roster? Sell either my bagman that I started covering during the lightning rounds this week (2/2/2, no ISO spent), or selling the 1* widow I still have, since level changes made most max-level 1* rosters the same level as one-cover 3*'s. No reason to keep them.

A fully covered, maxed 1* is still more usable than a 3* with only one cover at their base level.

As to this change... roster diversity? Yeah right... unless they weren't counting duplicates when they said that. There were dozens and dozens of other potential 2* candidates to choose from, but instead the first new 2* we've had in months is a clone.

I'm going to pointlessly name a number of characters I'd have liked to have seen as 2*...
    Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter), Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Mysterio, Shocker, Carnage, Mr. Negative, Doc Ock, Lizard, Mystique, Cyclops, Beast, Shadowcat, Taskmaster, Batroc, Kang the Conqueror, Jessica Jones, Ant-Man, Super Skrull, Iron Fist, Tigra.