Hotshot - June 23-25 - Season III

1235»

Comments

• Shielded till the end. Finally hit my 1k goal. So very proud of my 2* roster. Now if only 00001noob00001 could drop down out of first place for me, I would be good. icon_twisted.gif

Hit me if you see me. Should be worth a decent amount of points to some. icon_e_smile.gif
  • jonatslee wrote:
    Not filing a bug report anymore, as I am not expecting any compensation.
    Just thought I'd put it out there in case other players run into the same problem.

That happened to me once and I filled a report and got my HP back.
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    Ok, so Max HT, Max Hood, and Max OBW just won the award for most annoying team I've played in a while. Went something like "steal, steal, FIREBALL, steal, steal, FIREBALL - retreat while i still have one guy left. Sheesh.
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    jonatslee wrote:
    For some strange reason, the game removed my shield even before it was even set to expire.
    I was supposedly good and shielded till the end of the event, and I even checked 2 hours ago.
    Then, I got attacked for -350+ just this past hour!

Just thought I'd put it out there in case other players run into the same problem.

Damn, that sucks. I would still submit a CS ticket tho. I once got some Psy covers after a system glitch screwed me out of top placement. It was about 40 days later, but I got them.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Professa D wrote:
    jonatslee wrote:
    For some strange reason, the game removed my shield even before it was even set to expire.
    I was supposedly good and shielded till the end of the event, and I even checked 2 hours ago.
    Then, I got attacked for -350+ just this past hour!

Damn, that sucks. I would still submit a CS ticket tho. I once got some Psy covers after a system glitch screwed me out of top placement. It was about 40 days later, but I got them.

There's also a thread in the bug/technical issues forum about this as it's happened to someone else.
    I'd still submit a report to help prevent further occurrences or letting other players run into the same problem. Just hoping it will go away doesn't help anything.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    Going to hit some 5DVs in my queue in hopes of reaching 1000 and alliance top 25, sorry, hope you're shielded, guys! >>>> stingray, way too easy

edit: eff, and grazzt, too!

edit: lost my last fight because of being stupid, but I couldn't finish it in time anyway, so that Feyda person didn't even receive the points when it mattered.
  • Won my bracket with 1014.
    I know the rewards weren't crazy desirable, but this one seemed pretty lazy.

Worked up to 900 yesterday, hit a few times, back up to 900+ and left it unshielded overnight. Woke up to find myself in the 730s (and still top 10), broke 1k, shielded in first... and kept it.

1 - 1014
    5 - 820
    10 - 694
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    There are times I really hate this tinykitty game.

10 minutes from the end I decided to unshield to try to get myself over 800 for the extra HP - some jerk picked me off at 799 points. I thought, "that's annoying, but no big deal" and figured one more match should do the trick...

Proceeded to lose to an epic cascade for OBW/Ares and drop and another 20 points and then the notification window popped up... -180 points with less than a minute to go icon_evil.gif

I dropped from 9th down to something like 30th.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sucks. I managed to nab 5th with 930 points or so. Not bad for only a 3 hour shield spent.
  • Was shielded at 828; was #6 at the end with #4 and #5 both at 831. Broke shields and leapfrogged them at the last minute to get the last three covers I needed for GSBW (two purples and a green) and make her my eleventh cover-maxed 3*. Now the oldest one I'm missing more than one cover for is Lazy Thor, and he's only short two.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    HairyDave wrote:
    There are times I really hate this tinykitty game.

10 minutes from the end I decided to unshield to try to get myself over 800 for the extra HP - some jerk picked me off at 799 points. I thought, "that's annoying, but no big deal" and figured one more match should do the trick...

Proceeded to lose to an epic cascade for OBW/Ares and drop and another 20 points and then the notification window popped up... -180 points with less than a minute to go icon_evil.gif

I dropped from 9th down to something like 30th.

Yikes! That's rough. I was at 897 and very tempted to break shield and go for the 900 reward but it wouldn't have gotten me into the top 5 and I was afraid of this very thing happening to me as well, which has happened to me in the past. Once bitten, twice shy. I figured the token I'd probably sell anyway for 250 wasn't worth risking the extra 1000 for top 10...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That 900 token got me the final red Torch I needed to cover-max him (and I'll fully level him after I've maxed lDaken at some point), so I'm actually rather happy I pushed for it.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Der_Lex wrote:
    That sucks. I managed to nab 5th with 930 points or so. Not bad for only a 3 hour shield spent.

I was in the same bracket as you and got third with 934. I remember looking at our Top 10 and seeing players with 910+ from the 8th person and thinking that I'll probably wake up to be in Top 10 since they would probably try to fit in a last game to jump into the Top 5. Looking at the final bracket, it seemed that the zombie horde got them when they tried to push.
  • Can't believe it....I played one last game before hotshot finished, got hit by a huge cascade and killed and cause of that finished 1 point outside the top 25!!!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Solorized wrote:
    Can't believe it....I played one last game before hotshot finished, got hit by a huge cascade and killed and cause of that finished 1 point outside the top 25!!!
    Sometimes it will just wipe you completely I suppose, but when that happens and you know it's your last game (i.e. you can't retreat and get in another quick win), you're probably better off just sitting there and letting the event end before finishing your match/retreating. I've never tried pausing the game when about to be wiped, maybe that would work too? Anyway, sorry this happened to you.
  • mohio wrote:
    Sometimes it will just wipe you completely I suppose, but when that happens and you know it's your last game (i.e. you can't retreat and get in another quick win), you're probably better off just sitting there and letting the event end before finishing your match/retreating. I've never tried pausing the game when about to be wiped, maybe that would work too? Anyway, sorry this happened to you.

Yeah it was just one of those where you couldn't do anything about it but when the -23 came up and then the tournament closed I just knew it was going to knock me down. Hey-ho....onto the next one i guess
  • mohio wrote:

Yeah it was just one of those where you couldn't do anything about it but when the -23 came up and then the tournament closed I just knew it was going to knock me down. Hey-ho....onto the next one i guess