Hotshot - June 23-25 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Having a taste of how the beautiful people live... My HT is buffed to a level 119 and I'm winning against my usual teams of 85s in seconds. It's crazy.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Argh! Of course they offer GSBW rewards now, less than a week after I bought her fifth green cover. icon_mad.gif

Oh well. I still need purple and red, so I'll just have to push harder.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course the last set of covers I need for GSBW means I have to fight my way to top five during a HT tournament. Bad enough I've been shut out of top 10 recently. Guess I gotta get my ISO hat on during simulator the next couple of days and join the tournament late in the wee hours of the morning to stand a chance. I hope jury duty doesn't screw me over this week.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    As a very much less than ideal combo my OBW/Psyduck pair seems to work pretty well with his Torchness.

Psy might be using the red and black slightly better but at least she's tanking them too. The same can't be said for my Hulk (who seems to be the popular choice). It might switch Punisher in later and see if that works any better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So far I got mostly 85s in my nodes and the team of 3x141 Psylocke + CMags + Torch works much better than I'd expect. A lot of cheap quite strong attacks. I think Der_Lex got a name for it, can't remember it now.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't decide on a 3rd person to use (who doesn't take away green) with Laken and HT
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I can't decide on a 3rd person to use (who doesn't take away green) with Laken and HT
    Ignore defense and go with LT.

I've gone cold turkey on Patchneto for 6 weeks now (except when out of health packs), but I've just switched from one stale team to the other (UDaken/LT). I guess I might use Sentry when I get him fully covered, but... well. It's _really_ not doing much for diversity in PVP.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Ignore defense and go with LT.

I've gone cold turkey on Patchneto for 6 weeks now (except when out of health packs), but I've just switched from one stale team to the other (UDaken/LT). I guess I might use Sentry when I get him fully covered, but... well. It's _really_ not doing much for diversity in PVP.
    Yeah, on one hand, I really want sentry covers so I can start using him. On the other hand, I really don't want to fight multiple laken/sentry teams, especially when cmags is nerfed
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

I am going with hood - lets me fire even more fireballs. Granted, I don't care about the rewards in this one at all, so I am just going with who i think is more fun.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well I leveled Torch to level 141 when buffed and supplied him with equally squishy Hood/oBW. Already had a defensive victory at 300 points *headdesk*. Oh well, glad the squishy trio can pull these things off just like the last time Hotshot was run.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I need a green and two purples to finish my GSBW. I could either push like crazy to get everything, or I could take it easy and get almost everything. I think I"m choosing option 2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I am going with hood - lets me fire even more fireballs. Granted, I don't care about the rewards in this one at all, so I am just going with who i think is more fun.

Hood and Laken is also my current team. Not sure it's the best team though, as it's awfully squishy and HT can do a lot of damage very fast.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Hood and Laken is also my current team. Not sure it's the best team though, as it's awfully squishy and HT can do a lot of damage very fast.

I decided to climb very early to draw attacks from the big money crowd and to see how well it fares. This gives me some great retaliation targets for when I actually want to climb. Got a defensive win against Ravenheart, so it is certainly not a bad setup. Gipsy's black panther and nick fury setup is scarier, but not something I would want to pay for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Typical, a PvP that ends at a good time for me, and the rewards are GSBW who I already have cover maxed! Oh well, might try pushing to 1100 for the Torch cover and event tokens, but not overly bothered about where I place. As long as I keep up my Season average of around 850 I'll be happy enough.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    So far I got mostly 85s in my nodes and the team of 3x141 Psylocke + CMags + Torch works much better than I'd expect. A lot of cheap quite strong attacks. I think Der_Lex got a name for it, can't remember it now.

I tend to refer to HT as a glass cannon... low HP, big damage. I guess Mags falls into that category as well, with his purple.

Psylocke is more of a 'death by a thousand paper cuts' character, though.

I've been running patch and LDaken with Torch, inferno and those strike tiles is a nice combo. Having a high-level Torch means he does take an awful lot of hits because he covers so many colors, though. And even in case of a tie the game seems to assign the tile to him.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    And even in case of a tie the game seems to assign the tile to him.
    Yes, in case of ties it goes middle char - left char - right char.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    'death by a thousand paper cuts'
    That's the one!

CMags Blue, Psy Black, Johnny's Green. + hard hits with Fireball and Translocation.
    I really enjoy this team.
    1 drawback - 16.7hp total, so not really a threat in defence.

But I'll probably stay with this team while climbing and later switch to usual Hulk + Patch deterrent team.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

And no way to take the featured character out of the center slot, right?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

And no way to take the featured character out of the center slot, right?
    Nope, you're stuck with him there. Hurt my Hood in his tourney too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle i see you in my bracket icon_e_smile.gif