Hotshot - June 23-25 - Season III

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    My top 10 looks insane...

Almightie out in front on over 1300 points already, damn near double second place on 680 icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    My top 10 looks insane...

Almightie out in front on over 1300 points already, damn near double second place on 680 icon_e_surprised.gif

Damn, mine isn't that bad. noob is out in front with 1073, and I'm in second with 916. Past 6th is less than 600.

I should be ok for top 5, but want to try and pass noob. lol. unlikely, but something to shoot for. Extremely hard to do with a 2* roster though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I'm done, 1114 without hopping it is.
    Thanks to anyone who might have held back when they saw me climb.

If I break shield at all it will be for one fight at the end if I need to get back into t5.
    So hit me if you got me.

Now I need to decide if I want to respec my Torch to 5/3/5... after not getting a cover for months, I now got 6 covers the last two days, including 3 green icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Now I need to decide if I want to respec my Torch to 5/3/5... after not getting a cover for months, I now got 6 covers the last two days, including 3 green icon_lol.gif

I'm liking 5 black alot. More guaranteed damage over time and harder for the AI to misplay, unlike green that always seems to get thrown out when I can easily match it away or when they don't have enough green AP to fuel it. 5 red is a no-brainer, IMO.

I'm having trouble finding a team with him where I like the synergy, though. Settled on Daken/LT, but there's still tons of overlap there, and pretty much takes COTS out of the equation on D.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I'm liking 5 black alot. More guaranteed damage over time and harder for the AI to misplay, unlike green that always seems to get thrown out when I can easily match it away or when they don't have enough green AP to fuel it. 5 red is a no-brainer, IMO.

I'm having trouble finding a team with him where I like the synergy, though. Settled on Daken/LT, but there's still tons of overlap there, and pretty much takes COTS out of the equation on D.
    Yeah, I was thinking black takes 30% every time, but after actually using him I realized I'm an idiot icon_e_wink.gif
    I think I'll keep black.

And yes, I've been running UDaken/LT too, decided to just forget about defense. UDaken/Hood was a bit squishy, and I thought if people down HT there's a good chance that COTS gets used afterwards.
    Even got two defensive victories, one against someone running a max Sentry and max UDaken, that must have been a pretty bad board for him, lol. Unless he retreated, of course.

I like using Torch's red instead of LT though, that's a very nice skill.
    Got him up to 120 now for the PVE as well, but I can't see me using him outside of his tourneys, which is a shame, because I really like him.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will try to make it to 1100 for the next couple of hours for my 3rd G for HT. Would appreciate you all holding off for a few hrs before feeding, If you can help it! icon_lol.gif

Will post when I can get under a shield

Thx!

Also: Dark Silence are u shielded right now? that score and amount of pts is tempting! To anybody really....
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All shielded for the tourney @ 1100, got my HT Green, so I am all done! (Whew!) icon_mrgreen.gif

Yea, reckless is @1285, so hopefully the battle for #2 is done? icon_lol.gif

#3 right now is @ 959, but if they want it they can have it...all i care about is Top 5

Good luck ppl! Now off to the Diabolic LRs! Need some ISO for HT now!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm running L85 2* and a boosted to L101 HT but this is the quietest tournament I've seen in my 91 days of play. I get no attacks at all except for retaliations. Top 5 looks very achievable in my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Maybe it's because I'm running L85 2* and a boosted to L101 HT but this is the quietest tournament I've seen in my 91 days of play. I get no attacks at all except for retaliations. Top 5 looks very achievable in my bracket.

GSBW is not super high demand, especially for established players. I'll probably do my usual Tuesday night run up to 800-900 and shield for the duration, in between lightning rounds. I don't think I've been attacked once, and I didn't even tank this time.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

GSBW is not super high demand, especially for established players. I'll probably do my usual Tuesday night run up to 800-900 and shield for the duration, in between lightning rounds. I don't think I've been attacked once, and I didn't even tank this time.

For me she's 1/0/0, so she's on my target list. As this is so quiet it lets me concentrate on the PvE, which is nice. Top 5 there is less achievable, unless I want to buy health packs. But it's She-Hulk. But it's spending HP. But it's She-Hulk...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think some combination of these things may be going on:
    a) I have a lazy/easy bracket (941-553 for 1-10)
    b) It's early and people haven't started pushing at all
    c) No one really wants GSBW covers
    d) People that used to hit my 141/85 combos of Patch/OBW or Cap/OBW are leaving me be with Patch/Daken both maxed

I only seemed to get hit right as I was trying to cross 900 for the bagman token. Like... four times. "ok, this will get me 900...ooh yay, a token...wait...nope, I've been hit". That happened a bunch. Then again a couple minutes after I crossed 900.
    I'm probably not shielding over night (I'm US EST), play a bit in the morning and shield out until the end. Don't really care too much about top 5/10/25. 25 will do on this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have very few covers for GSBW and still don't really care about this event, it will be a looonnnngggg time before I invest any iso into her so she would just sit there regardless. I'll probably still push to 900 and shield just for season score.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for the duration at 828. Want to focus on PVE and LRs. And end time is terrible for me. Feel free to attack me if I'm in your queue.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooops, the ending time for this crept up on me. Dunno if I'll be able to go to 1100 this time.

And apparently I'm still in hailmary's MMR shard
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I managed to fit in 3 matches to hop from 1010 to 1130. Shielded probably until the end unless 1st place is doable with like 1 match at the end (currently 1st, but these other guys look like they might want it). Anyway, if anyone sees me, feel free to hit me.

@Phantron - I noticed you pop your head into the top 10 for a little while. Are you just doing the "don't care about points" thing and going unshielded throughout or making a real climb later?
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I think everyone in my bracket has decided they want She-Hulk more than GSBW, because I barely got attacked at all as I pushed to 900. Now I'm shielded at 904, and will probably stay that way, since the end time is 2AM for me.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    And apparently I'm still in hailmary's MMR shard
    Me too.

I attacked icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you can call Daredevil and Hawkeye attacking...
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    So, I'm shielded around 900 points, top 10 in my bracket but only just, and no attacks for an age. I look to see who's in the queue, there's 00001noob00001 and WalkYourPath, both of whom have individual characters stronger than my whole team, so no thanks. Skip a few times burning some ISO, around they come again. Ah well, on another node there's someone with L23 HT, OBW and Ares, ok, it's 23 points, shouldn't be too hard, unshield.
    I finish the match, it wasn't too hard, to discover I've been hit twice, net loss of 30 points or so. Emergency 3 hour shield, I'll come back later.
    And as if by magic, there are no attacks until I unshield, at which time I'm hit once. I did manage to climb a little before giving it up as a bad job.
    The question I have is, do Steam users have some special notification that pops up to say I'm unshielded? I'm using Android, and I see nothing that indicates that my opponent is shielded, so it must be a Steam thing. <petulant rant> It's so unfair </petulant rant>
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    The question I have is, do Steam users have some special notification that pops up to say I'm unshielded?
    Not that I've ever noticed.

It wouldn't make a huge difference anyway - unless I had the option of targeting someone in my bracket icon_twisted.gif
  • jonatslee
    jonatslee Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For some strange reason, the game removed my shield even before it was even set to expire.
    I was supposedly good and shielded till the end of the event, and I even checked 2 hours ago.
    Then, I got attacked for -350+ just this past hour!

Not filing a bug report anymore, as I am not expecting any compensation.
    Just thought I'd put it out there in case other players run into the same problem.