The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The rubberband is on the new system where you're not supposed to fall as part under NORMAL circumstances. However, as long as there is one guy doing the 'once every 2h 24m' method there's nothing normal about his score compared to the old top score reachable by this. Note that this is why people were actually within reach for the 150K Magneto cover. Without the extra points from the '2h 24m' method we'd have been nowhere close to 150K which is what is expected normally in an event with only rubberbanding (most of the points that matter in Prodigal Sun came at the no rubberband phase, and it's relatively easy to guess how many points people will score when there is no rubberband at all). Since the leader had significantly more points than normal, this obviously makes the last refresh extra important.

The problem with this system is that it's great until the last refresh, and it'll only get worse as more people figure it out so I really hope they don't use it in the future.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The darnedest thing happened to me at the end of this event--my scaling dropped a like a rock for no apparent reason.

Over the entire event my normal nodes were around level 180 and my hard nodes were around level 230. I died probably 25% of the time--and lost a lot of health quite often--but scaling didn't seem to go up or down at all. I logged in with about 45 minutes to go because I was afraid I may drop out of the top 75 and lose the black BP cover. Imagine my surprise when I saw that normal nodes were down to level 45 and hard nodes were at level 80. My point values were at maximum so with about 20 minutes of play I was able to go from 75 to top 25 no sweat.

Anyone have an idea why this might have happened? Did it happen to anyone else?