The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Options

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magnesium wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Can't say I'm too surprised. Just played the node with Sentry in Hard Mode and I had one of those great tinykitty games. All of the matches I could make are worthless and their team got all of these perfect cascades. Knew things were going too well. This might be another one where I just stick to the Mags required nodes. Though my Mags is pretty bad ATM. Only 2 Red and 1 Purple.

It seems you can use 2* magneto for the essentials as well

Yup - only found out ebcause he was the default when I went in (presumably because he's higher leevl than me 3* Magneto not counting the buff.

Do hope this is the policy going forward, as it's very handy - particularly as more gold* alts are added. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    What are the point totals for the nodes this time around? Did it scale up enough that the Blue Mags cover @ 150k looks reachable?

I'm currently sitting at about 80k and last I checked (7am EST) the leader had about 88k. Gaining 60-70k points in one day seems like a stretch.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And there goes scaling on essential nodes... stupid change... it should be one not both Magnetos
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just like to give props to a lone Devil Dino stopping in the middle of a fight to eat a hot dog. Rock on, Devil Dino, rock on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruval wrote:
    What are the point totals for the nodes this time around? Did it scale up enough that the Blue Mags cover @ 150k looks reachable?

I'm currently sitting at about 80k and last I checked (7am EST) the leader had about 88k. Gaining 60-70k points in one day seems like a stretch.

Yeah, Ive been watching that as well. I'm not to optimistic the blue Mag is reachable. If it is, then it would be by a very few.

Best of luck to you in that goal though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruval wrote:

Look at sim 1 it has no rubber banding on it so you can see how much larger the point are over the last too rounds. Its followed the same increase as the last two simulator events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They really need to avoid scheduling 2 36 hour events at the same time. Multiple times in an event. I like the Simulator, but having to do a full run through 4 times over 2 days is tedious.

Edit: Especially with Lightning rounds today & tomorrow.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't quite pinpoint why at this exact second, but I think this points / scoring system has a lot going for it. Seems more... adaptable across the missions.

But now, you really really have to be present for the last couple of hours if you want a decent place. Not sure what the solution to this is. Get rid of ranks and move to an enhanced progression system? Hmm. Other?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am currently 10th over all with 22hrs left and 106k points.

Been grinding away every 12 hours hoping for that blue mag cover and once again the final prog reward looks very unattainable.

It's so damn frustrating, pve event after event I just keep chasing a mirage of the rewards.

How events has there been now where no one is even coming close?
  • Unknown
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Magnesium wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Can't say I'm too surprised. Just played the node with Sentry in Hard Mode and I had one of those great tinykitty games. All of the matches I could make are worthless and their team got all of these perfect cascades. Knew things were going too well. This might be another one where I just stick to the Mags required nodes. Though my Mags is pretty bad ATM. Only 2 Red and 1 Purple.

It seems you can use 2* magneto for the essentials as well

Yup - only found out ebcause he was the default when I went in (presumably because he's higher leevl than me 3* Magneto not counting the buff.

Do hope this is the policy going forward, as it's very handy - particularly as more gold* alts are added. icon_cool.gif
    yea... but unfortunately mn magneto is not heavily buffed though. In fact he doesn't have any buff at all. Quite interesting to see this though.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A pretty large number of people hit the daken cover by the end of the last pvp. This one looks like maybe it should have been more like 125k, but at least there was the punisher earlier and not gonna complain about 150 hp either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yesterday the node with sentry/obw ate all my teams for breakfast. (Ap full stock magic, sentry yellow->green, GG). Overnight went from 195 to over 220, guess it will help a lot.

I'd nominate it for another dev video chalenge.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really want that Magneto blue cover as my 5th after missing it from Psylocke PVP (finished 11th)

I've been trying to keep a pace of 30k points per day but from day 2 onwards I always come up short. Currently at 119k with a huge lead to get Invisible Woman cover, but unless the nodes refresh above 300 faster I don't see it as ever being possible to reach 150k in the allotted time icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I get a blue and black from PVP, I'm suddenly not going to need much from this. I'll keep playing to help the alliance, but it allow me to get to bed at a sensible hour tonight, which will be nice.

I can't remember them doing this near-simultaneous reward thing before, except with a few new releases. I kind of like it, just because it takes a lot of the pressure off. The next two PVPs are likely to be nightmarish, so it's nice to kind of have a break.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    I really want that Magneto blue cover as my 5th after missing it from Psylocke PVP (finished 11th)

I've been trying to keep a pace of 30k points per day but from day 2 onwards I always come up short. Currently at 119k with a huge lead to get Invisible Woman cover, but unless the nodes refresh above 300 faster I don't see it as ever being possible to reach 150k in the allotted time icon_e_sad.gif

Are you seriously clearing all of the nodes every time they reach 300 points? icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

Are you seriously clearing all of the nodes every time they reach 300 points? icon_eek.gif

In normal I would clear it from 150 down to 60, hard mode I would clear from 240 down to 60, but it's tedious when the average is about 100 points and I'm always in the lead so no rubber band effect to slingshot from. 150k amounts to 500-700 fights over 5.5 days... I think my brain gave up after the 250 fights lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

In normal I would clear it from 150 down to 60, hard mode I would clear from 240 down to 60, but it's tedious when the average is about 100 points and I'm always in the lead so no rubber band effect to slingshot from. 150k amounts to 500-700 fights over 5.5 days... I think my brain gave up after the 250 fights lol

500 fights ouch. This event since I planed not to finish in top 20 - might just make top 250 - I am only do like 80 fights - 13 per sub. It will be interesting to see what cover are in the next event as if they not sentry, HT, Daken, or falcon I be taking that one off too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Yesterday the node with sentry/obw ate all my teams for breakfast. (Ap full stock magic, sentry yellow->green, GG). Overnight went from 195 to over 220, guess it will help a lot.

I beat them with my tank team but they ate my real team for breakfast. Funny how things work out.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

That's whats great about scaling isn't it?
    If you can't beat it... tough luck levels are going to keep going up anyway! Whey!

P.S. You still only get the same rewards who's playing this node with enemies ten times easier!

I would've thought that it would be better that if you're going to make a broken system, at least break it in the favor of the player (at least then they wouldn't get so frustrated).

It doesn't make sense to put up a wall for people to make it almost impossible for them to play - impossible odds won't be improving player retention... and if stats state otherwise... THE STATS ARE WRONG! Just sayin'.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hopeing i timed my last refresh right, i missed the end of the early morning subbrackets and went from 16 to 111 got back up to 33 now, ima kick my self in the butt if i loose out on top 50 after missing the end of the bracket