The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    For what it's worth, I started a thread here to try to collect data/theorycrafting about the new mechanics. Any help in nailing them down would be appreciated.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i am the complete opposite, i got in to 2nd BECAUSE of server problems, it didn't update my score so i thought i had to try get in one more node with 2 minutes left and then it crashed on me and i was like.....son of a....then rewards came in "you were top 2 finisher in Simulation: Hard Mode" and i was like...whoooooooo!

PS. Yes, having a mega boosted Punisher is freaking amazing, 3X168 strike tiles for green? HELL YEAH
  • Unknown
    Options
    hmm points not being added to totals today?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wah. Maxed out Punisher just tearing through teams. I haven't been following the rubber-banding, etc. Still, I assume that there'll be a few nodes that get community scaled pretty high during this sub.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I disagree with a previous poster.
    Yes, it is nice that you can play whenever you want and how often you want and still have a chance at 1st place, because it seems that now points increase every 5 min. But a BIG downside is, that now the endtimes, which are almost always favoring US players, is even more important than before, basically if you cant play the last 8h, you are always out of even Top100! They finally need to disable point increases in the last 12h completely, otherwise it will never be fair!

In other games (online shooters), of half of the userbase would stand no chance and get worse weapon than others, there would be a huge outcry, I still dont undestand why they are trying to address unimportant issues (like healing in prologue!) rather than addressing the most important and glaring injustice , hte unbalanced end times!!!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anyone think the blue cMags at 150,000 points is actually achievable? I'm currently sitting at 61K and it doesn't seem likely. Looking at the top alliances, no one seems to have over 72K points and with the event half over it seems unlikely that anyone will break 150,000.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The new scoring system is terrible. I won't discuss it until the event is over because it's going to be even more terrible if everyone knows why, but let's just say that being able to decisively wipe out another person's chance of winning in 9 missions is one of the dumbest thing I've seen.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My hard Sim 1 and Sim 5 is worth 125 at full stacks :O ****?
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    My hard Sim 1 and Sim 5 is worth 125 at full stacks :O ****?

They turned off rubberbanding on sim 1 and sim 5, maybe because it was really easy to use them as a timer otherwise.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Does anyone think the blue cMags at 150,000 points is actually achievable? I'm currently sitting at 61K and it doesn't seem likely. Looking at the top alliances, no one seems to have over 72K points and with the event half over it seems unlikely that anyone will break 150,000.

I doubt it. Right now, I'm just looking forward to my blue CMags Daily Reward. Then I think I'll have one of all of his covers, so that's a plus.

I am loving my boosted Punisher. I need more of his covers.

I'm actually really enjoying this event... huh. Now let's see if I can actually get a Black Panther cover or two. icon_razz.gif Currently ranked 40th overall. 21 in Normal, 19 in Hard.

EDIT: Did they drastically cut down the length of time this round goes for? Just saw it ends tomorrow at Noon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

I doubt it. Right now, I'm just looking forward to my blue CMags Daily Reward. Then I think I'll have one of all of his covers, so that's a plus.

I am loving my boosted Punisher. I need more of his covers.

I'm actually really enjoying this event... huh. Now let's see if I can actually get a Black Panther cover or two. icon_razz.gif Currently ranked 40th overall. 21 in Normal, 19 in Hard.

EDIT: Did they drastically cut down the length of time this round goes for? Just saw it ends tomorrow at Noon.

It's always ended at the same time... they apparently did a double-length round for Sentry and will do shorter rounds for Punisher and Magneto.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    It's always ended at the same time... they apparently did a double-length round for Sentry and will do shorter rounds for Punisher and Magneto.

Okay. I must have just read it wrong when this round started.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    Will it be possible to finish in the top 50 overall without a magneto? He's one of the few cards I don't have icon_e_sad.gif

I'm always 1st or close to it in my 1000 person group when I'm done with my rounds. I hope I can remain in the top 50. I don't think it's worth shelling out $ for a 50/50 chance at a magneto just to win BP covers (I only have 1 yellow, so the blue and black would be welcome). If it was a new character, I'd be a lot more tempted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my punisher. No way I can obtain that magneto.

Not worth banging my head on the wall against overleveled heros for 2000 iso and 50 HP, and the off chance of somehow slipping into the top 75(currently 196 despite playing regularly) for a cover they are offering up at much less hassle in the concurrent PVP.

So if demiurge's goal was to make people quit the event halfway through, they have succeeded in at least one instance.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    A quick question for those who have a better idea than me. In normal I am 2nd and have 18119 points and 5th has 17572 points, should I be good for top 5 as I have to be at work in like 6 hours?

Same for Hard, I am 2nd with 29605 and 5th has 28943. I think top 5 will be a bit of a long shot on this one but 10th has 27347 so that may be more realistic.

For the subs, I doubt you'll stay top 10 unless you can play in the last hour or so.

In my hard bracket I'm at 26k, which is 53rd right now. Top is 31k. My nodes haven't fully refreshed and I know that even with what's on the board I could overtake 1st place if I really wanted to grind.
    Same sort of thing with easy mode. I'm 14.5k, 71st. 18k for 1st. Nodes that won't fully refresh for another 3 hours on a first clear alone would give me 3-4k.

So yeah, the rubber band is back, meaning if you're not playing in the last hour or so, you may stay top 50, but top 5-10 is highly unlikely.

Due to server outages I kept my top 10 in both. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Just looking to get the 750 ISO per node and some loose change (standard tokens).

Not worth burning out over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heh, they really should get the AI to use "place tile" moves correctly before making matches like "GSBW and 2 pink batteries."
    Shame the battle wasn't in the desert for maximum fun. icon_e_smile.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted Punisher + boosted OBW are completely ridiculous and I'm sure scaling will eventually make me pay for their use. Right now I'm having too much fun to care.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I haven't touched OBW in this to try and keep my scaling reined in. So far it seems to have worked; I think the highest levels I"m seeing are ~120.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, I'm not using OBW's blue to heal -- I'm not that eager to increase scaling. I just can't pass up her double-dip on strike tiles. There's nothing like making a match that results in 2000 damage to an enemy.