MarvelTeamUp Thread (20/20)

Options
12346»

Comments

• LuckyDog
    LuckyDog Posts: 70
    Options
    I am handing the reigns to ThirtsyYao. He has made it clear that he has no desire to be commander, but I trust him to hand it off to whomever you all decide should be commander.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry guys, I'm leaving too. You guys are great, but I'm looking for something more competitive. I wish you all the best. I enjoyed my time playing with you. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alright, I'm going to shake things up a little. This isn't a "I quit" post, this is a "We really need to reexamine ourselves" post.

Lucky sent me the Season 1 scores* for our alliance, and what it says about our current state is troubling:

Dorm 13640 x
    Pylos 12301 x
    JMG 12110 x
    Senso 10884
    Fakespam 10883
    Omega 10447 x
    Fireal 10429 x
    Diji 10239
    Thirsty 9535 x
    Red War 9262
    Luck 8995 x
    Stan 8865 x
    Bainee 8603 x
    Kraqi 8479
    Koeya 8376
    Q 8121
    Brutu 7931
    Radness 7693
    kkilz 7469

*Laika's score is missing for some reason

Those with an x next to their name have left, and the point spread shows our bottom half was being carried in events by our top half more then I had hoped. While this arrangement worked out fine in Season 1, our top talent is mostly gone, and we have not had success in replacing them. In fact, we have not had success in even maintaining membership, sitting at 14/20 now with someone leaving every 2-3 days.

So I'm going to be frank, our alliance is not top 100 material with the ways things are going, and the solution is not going to be pretty.

While we don't have much talent left, we do have 20 slots, a 19500 HP investment. It is a costly investment that Dorm paid for entirely. I would hate to see it go to waste.

We cannot try to recruit piecemeal anymore, people will give us a shot for 1 or 2 events, and when we fail to deliver, they will leave. What we need to do is find a smaller, competitive alliance that does not want to pay expansion costs, and try to arrange a merger. This may require cuts, something Dorm said would never happen, but he has long since quit the game. Without large scores like his to prop us up, we are looking at a minimum 500 points commitment per member in pvp events. If our members will not/cannot contribute that much, then we will continue to miss top 100 and continue to lose the people who are putting out top 100 scores.

Now this is all just a proposal, seeing as how I'm not in a position to do any of this, but I would really like some feedback. Especially from members who have never or barely communicated before, several of you are in the lower positions score-wise and I'd like to know how committed/able you are to earning top 100 again.

If this is unacceptable and there are no other ideas on how to save the alliance, then I have but one choice:

I will have to write off MarvelTeamup as another casualty of season 1 and seek my fortunes elsewhere, like so many of our former members.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know I am new to the alliance and haven't been quite as long, but I do play nightly and will do my best to hold up my end of the bargain.

I think merging would be a good way to go! Let's see how it goes!
  • Unknown
    Options
    As of now, 500 points in PvP is not a problem for me and koeya. The thing is, we have been busy with our work lately, especially koeya. Although we can contribute in PvP by managing our time, there will be some time when we might miss the end of event, and we know the most crucial time for PvP is the last 2 hours.

That was PvP. PvE is another story altogether, since PvE needs constant playtime for some period of time. While I might be able to play now and then, koeya has a much harsher schedule than me. Koeya didn't even play much on the sentry because of work schedule. And to be frank, I'm quite tired with PvE event at the moment.

Bottom line is. we like this alliance, and we will still stick in this alliance for some more time. Sure, we joined alliance because we want that extra cover. But that alliance cover means nothing much for us. It probably just slow down our roster progression, and there are plenty of chances to get that cover. This is just a game to play in our spare time, after all. So, if you think our contribution is low, let us know. After that, we will do what we think the best for this alliance.
  • Quondem
    Quondem Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have Really liked playing with you all but i have no desire to lead nor the time and i would like to continue my *** transition I had fun playing with you all and i wish you all the best.
  • Unknown
    Options
    500 point is ok for me
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, a lot has changed in the past couple of days.

First off, a warm welcome to all those from Marvel Heros who have joined us. Thanks for teaming up with MarvelTeamup. This will be even better than the time Spider-Man teamed up with the original cast of SNL.

MarvelTeam-Up074.jpg

Now for the sterner stuff.

If we want to be top 100 again, we need a minimum contribution of 500 points in pvp per member. Since it is much harder to set a score standard for pve, there is currently no minimum requirement, but do try not to fall too far behind the pack.

Members who continue to score poorly without reason will be considered for expulsion. I know it's tough, but most of you signed up under the original competitive charter.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5309&start=340#p120458

In particular, our 3 lowest scoring members in pvp are at greatest risk of being cut. Your scores are very far behind the rest, and if you guys are not interested in being competitive then there are plenty of casual alliances out there.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Feel free to message me or post about any of the above.