MarvelTeamUp Thread (20/20)

Options

Comments

• Quondem
    Quondem Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    thanks for the post. good to hear. I am totally burned out too i still play daily but i haven't been wanting to grind and couldn't last weekend cuz of gigs. Ill still be playing daily and if we all want/need a cover i would be willing to throw my self at somthing like this phyloc event icon_e_smile.gif

Last thing I believe what MPQ is doing is a power shift and a large one at that. I get a real sense that they are going to be pussing the top players to **** chacters and that 3*** are going to be middle of the road in the near future. Thus all the new toons and all the 2** being so much more common then say 2 months ago pvp now drops ** like they are sci fi on Fox.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes they are throwing out 2* like crazy now but at the same time making 3* harder to complete. It simply doesnt make sense. People are quickly going to end up with maxed out 2* rosters and the slow trickle to transition to 3* will be horrible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dammit! I could've sworn that the china wouldn't end soon, but it turns out the one I saw was psylocke's PvP's deadline!

Now I lost many points that I could've get icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Things are a little crazy right now, in a very negative way. Personally, I'm negative about...

1) The Spidey Nerf - he was hit waaay too hard.

2) Serious Fatigue - Season II starting immediately after Season I really disappoints me as I felt the inclusions of seasons have really affected this game poorly. One Nick Fury cover is not worth the month-long grind.

3) PvE scaling - it's ridiculous and not fun.

4) Constant flow of new characters - this is just mudding the waters and making it more difficult to obtain the covers you actually want unless you outright buy them.

Basically, I'm burnt out and need to take a step back. I sense a lot you are too. So from now on I am considering MarvelTeamUp a purely casual alliance. Whatever we get, we get. If nothing else, we'll all get a little extra ISO and HP from time to time. But I'm not going to knock myself out for one lousy cover of a new unusable character, and I don't expect any of you to do so either.

Every new addition or change to this game is a blatant cash grab. It's now to the point that you cannot compete without spending real money, even you have every single character maxed out. I've considered quitting, but I know I'm just feeling the grind right now. I do like this game. I love Marvel characters. And I love our alliance.

So in closing - do not put pressure on yourself to perform for our alliance. That's not what I want. I want to have fun and I want you to have fun. And if you are a member of this alliance who DOES want to be ultra-competitive, I completely understand and no one will begrudge you for seeking out a different alliance.

unfortunately I have decided to seek out a more competitive alliance in response to this. MTU has been great and I completely understand the direction you are taking. With all of my 2* pretty much complete I feel I need to be competing for every 3* I can or there's no progress to be made.

I wish you all the best of luck and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Pylos
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pylos wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    Things are a little crazy right now, in a very negative way. Personally, I'm negative about...

1) The Spidey Nerf - he was hit waaay too hard.

2) Serious Fatigue - Season II starting immediately after Season I really disappoints me as I felt the inclusions of seasons have really affected this game poorly. One Nick Fury cover is not worth the month-long grind.

3) PvE scaling - it's ridiculous and not fun.

4) Constant flow of new characters - this is just mudding the waters and making it more difficult to obtain the covers you actually want unless you outright buy them.

Basically, I'm burnt out and need to take a step back. I sense a lot you are too. So from now on I am considering MarvelTeamUp a purely casual alliance. Whatever we get, we get. If nothing else, we'll all get a little extra ISO and HP from time to time. But I'm not going to knock myself out for one lousy cover of a new unusable character, and I don't expect any of you to do so either.

Every new addition or change to this game is a blatant cash grab. It's now to the point that you cannot compete without spending real money, even you have every single character maxed out. I've considered quitting, but I know I'm just feeling the grind right now. I do like this game. I love Marvel characters. And I love our alliance.

So in closing - do not put pressure on yourself to perform for our alliance. That's not what I want. I want to have fun and I want you to have fun. And if you are a member of this alliance who DOES want to be ultra-competitive, I completely understand and no one will begrudge you for seeking out a different alliance.

unfortunately I have decided to seek out a more competitive alliance in response to this. MTU has been great and I completely understand the direction you are taking. With all of my 2* pretty much complete I feel I need to be competing for every 3* I can or there's no progress to be made.

I wish you all the best of luck and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Pylos
    Best of luck, Pylos icon_e_biggrin.gif don't forget to come here once in a while icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I too am going to seek something more competitive to achieve the 3* transition. Id like to thank Dormammu and the rest of the alliance for having me as I had a great time in the alliance. Ill skip all of you in future PVP events =)
  • LuckyDog
    LuckyDog Posts: 70
    Options
    I still have results captured and can post a ranking or totals if there is anyone interested. Just let me know. icon_e_smile.gif
  • LuckyDog
    Options
    STATE OF THE ALLIANCE

We have lost 2 active members in the last 2-3 days in Pylos and Fireal574. I enjoy playing with all of you and really enjoy our group, but I have some real concerns. Dorm has taken a break from the game while we have lost 2 members. He has stated that we will no longer attempt to be competitive. As much as I don't want myself or anyone else to burnout from playing, I don't see how we can be ok with NOT trying and working toward alliance covers. All of us are in a 2* to 3* transition and all the covers we are letting go are 3*. This seems counterproductive to why we are playing. Sure, we get some ISO and HP, but the nature of the game has drastically changed over the couple of months. Missing covers means we only fall further behind in growing our rosters. So this is what I'm looking for from this post.

1. Dorm to reach out and discuss his thoughts and vision with the alliance. This alliance is a result of his effort/money/HP and his voice on this alliance is what will ultimately determine the nature of the alliance.

2. Get thoughts and opinions from everyone in the alliance. What would you like? Are top 100 covers even important to you?

3. Is anyone else considering leaving? My hope is that this can all get figured out before we lose more members.

4. Ultimately put a plan in place. I'm more than open to staying, finding a new alliance, and even opening a new alliance. I'm just not a fan of uncertainty.

I have more than enjoyed my time being here and couldn't thank Dorm enough for the opportunity to be a part of such a great group. With that said, a lot has changed and there is a lot of uncertainty about what comes next. Please take a moment to sound off, so that we can all have a feel on the pulse of the alliance.

Thanks guys!!!
  • LuckyDog
    Options
    STATE OF THE ALLIANCE

We have lost 2 active members in the last 2-3 days in Pylos and Fireal574. I enjoy playing with all of you and really enjoy our group, but I have some real concerns. Dorm has taken a break from the game while we have lost 2 members. He has stated that we will no longer attempt to be competitive. As much as I don't want myself or anyone else to burnout from playing, I don't see how we can be ok with NOT trying and working toward alliance covers. All of us are in a 2* to 3* transition and all the covers we are letting go are 3*. This seems counterproductive to why we are playing. Sure, we get some ISO and HP, but the nature of the game has drastically changed over the couple of months. Missing covers means we only fall further behind in growing our rosters. So this is what I'm looking for from this post.

1. Dorm to reach out and discuss his thoughts and vision with the alliance. This alliance is a result of his effort/money/HP and his voice on this alliance is what will ultimately determine the nature of the alliance.

2. Get thoughts and opinions from everyone in the alliance. What would you like? Are top 100 covers even important to you?

3. Is anyone else considering leaving? My hope is that this can all get figured out before we lose more members.

4. Ultimately put a plan in place. I'm more than open to staying, finding a new alliance, and even opening a new alliance. I'm just not a fan of uncertainty.

I have more than enjoyed my time being here and couldn't thank Dorm enough for the opportunity to be a part of such a great group. With that said, a lot has changed and there is a lot of uncertainty about what comes next. Please take a moment to sound off, so that we can all have a feel on the pulse of the alliance.

Thanks guys!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm with you Lucky. I would like us to be a little more competetive. I don't care if we're top 10, but I do need the covers to feel like I am making progress.

I really like this alliance, but am considering leaving for a more competetive one.
  • LuckyDog
    Options
    I have sad news to report. Dormammu has left the alliance and appointed me the commander. He logged in around 11am this morning but left me no communication. At this point, our only choice is to move forward. I will reach out the guys that left to see if there is a desire to return. I will also reach out to Dormammu to see if he has any desire to play, either now or possibly later. We are together by his design and IMO, this will always be his alliance. Let me also be very clear that I will also be more than willing to hand back over the responsibility of the alliance if he chooses to return at any point.

What I need to know ASAP is if there is anyone that doesn't want to be a part of MarvelTeamUp now? I know I'm not Dorm, but I feel I owe it to him and all of you to do my best to keep what he had intact and do my part to provide a friendly and competitive alliance.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns as we regroup back to 20 members. I will try to move fairly quick so we can try to grab a few top 100 covers.

Thanks guys!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lucky, I'm sorry to hear that, but at least there's certainty around the situation. I echo your gratitude to Dorm and would also welcome him back with open arms if/when he chooses to return. I also agree it's a good idea to at least try to reach back out to those who recently left.

Here's my personal preference play-wise:
    - We go hard as an alliance when there's a critical mass that wants a Top 100 alliance finish for an event
    - We coordinate in advance on the above in-game or on forums
    - Everyone has the option to do their own thing otherwise, even skip events if they need to for real life stuff (I'm addicted and will still play daily, but the option is nice)
    - No season-long grinds

If that's cool with everyone else, then I'm still down with MTU. If you guys want to be more aggressive, that's cool too, no hard feelings, and I'll get out of the way.

Dorm, if you're reading this, thank you for what you've done for all of us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well that stinks that Dorm just left. It sucks because it seems like the game just defeated him. Either way, I too am thankful for him because he really helped me achieve a much better roster. I am glad the alliance isn't going to crumble, outside of Lucky now managing, what are the plans for the rest of you?
  • Quondem
    Quondem Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i can't grind every event but I'm willing to put in the time during the weekdays for events that we care about. I really am a bit sad that dorm has left he was a good leader icon_e_smile.gif
  • LuckyDog
    Options
    I had hoped to hear from a few more by this point, but it is a holiday weekend and I'm sure many of us are out enjoying time with family and friends. I want to take a moment to spell out what my thoughts are about the nature of the alliance.

I would like to see us competing like we were in Season 1. What was so bad about how things were? We landed in the top 100 on almost every event. Things only got bad when we started grinding like crazy during the last week. We did that to ourselves and for many of us, myself included, we realized that playing that long at the end sucked the fun and life out of us. Dormammu never asked that of us. That was our own desires to strive for the top 100.

As I stated before, we are all in a state of transition from 2 to 3 *'s. We need to have goals and work towards those covers. I also get that life prevents us from always being able to play during the last couple of hours of an event (usually when it matters most). Do I want us active and trying? Yes Am I interested in having minimum performance standards? No For me, it's about communication. If you can't play, let us know. We will understand.

Once we get back to full strength, it will be a lot easier to see how competitive we can be. Not having Dorm and Pylos will be felt. However, I'm hopeful they can be replaced with new members that can put up big numbers.

I hope this puts many of you at ease. I will continue to do what I can and put 700+ points up on pvp's and grind my **** off on pve's.

I'll be putting up a recruitment post this evening. Please continue to sound off on the posts. I'd love to hear more thoughts, good or bad, with what's going on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, I still plan on continue playing the game for another while, although I might play less, I will still be playing every 12 hours to get the refresh for PvE, and last couple of hours for the PvP. I've played this for a while and now I know how to efficiently divide my time. Too much grinding will backfire anyway, sooner or later. Looking for another alliance is a bit troublesome. Plus, I kinda like it here.

I haven't asked koeya yet, but I think it's the same for koeya.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LuckyDog wrote:
    I would like to see us competing like we were in Season 1. What was so bad about how things were? We landed in the top 100 on almost every event. Things only got bad when we started grinding like crazy during the last week. We did that to ourselves and for many of us, myself included, we realized that playing that long at the end sucked the fun and life out of us. Dormammu never asked that of us. That was our own desires to strive for the top 100.

As I stated before, we are all in a state of transition from 2 to 3 *'s. We need to have goals and work towards those covers. I also get that life prevents us from always being able to play during the last couple of hours of an event (usually when it matters most). Do I want us active and trying? Yes Am I interested in having minimum performance standards? No For me, it's about communication. If you can't play, let us know. We will understand.

Once we get back to full strength, it will be a lot easier to see how competitive we can be. Not having Dorm and Pylos will be felt. However, I'm hopeful they can be replaced with new members that can put up big numbers.

I hope this puts many of you at ease. I will continue to do what I can and put 700+ points up on pvp's and grind my **** off on pve's.

This post sums up my feelings at the moment exactly.

After we missed Fury by a bit in season 1, it seems like people forgot we were top 100 in every event except that last one, when everyone was burnt out by the season 1 extension. After that we somehow started thinking of ourselves as non-competitive, an alliance with no drive and no shot of getting 3* covers ever again. Our leader quit, and several members left having lost faith in our ability to help them progress in the 3* field.

So right now we are down, but definitely not out.

I plan on sticking around. Being in this alliance and watching our 2*-> 3* transition rosters compete with the best 2000 players in the game inspired me, and I competed much harder in pvp events than when I was alliance-less. It got me much more covers, HP, and ISO than ever before, and a sense of satisfaction knowing I helped others achieve the same thing. I also like the name, which crazy as it sounds, is a big factor in joining alliances/guilds/clans for me.

I think we can still be top 100 without the need to be hardcore. I never felt forced to grind events more than I wanted to, and we usually placed in the 70-80s range, a comfortable distance from 100. I'm sure there are plenty of good people out there who feel the same way, and I'm sure we will be swimming in covers again before long.

To Dormammu, thanks for giving me the chance to join this great place. Your prompt responses to my PMs was the deciding factor in joining up, and I don't regret a moment of it. Hope you have fun in w/e new time-waster you find.

To those who have left, best of luck in your new alliances. I know you are all building up 3* rosters, and seeing as we can't guarantee that at the moment I understand your reasons for leaving.

To the remaining members,I apologize for my lack of communication. I lurk the forums regularly but seldom log in. Hope this big-**** post makes up for it.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I left the alliance because I just don't have it in me to play any more. The game has morphed into something that isn't very fun to me. I have been expecting changes on some of my complaints, as D3 has been very good about addressing player complaints (though slowly) but lately their changes have done nothing to address critical issues and have indeed made the game worse. What they did to Spider-Man was the last straw for me, but I'm also completely turned off by how they are targeting the 'whales' (those who spend lots of money) by making alliances, seasons, and every single PvP ultra-hardcore competitive. It's just not fun - it's a never-ending grind. And to what end? So you can get an awesome maxed-out 3* only to have him later nerfed into utter uselessness?

So I am walking away and simply not playing. I didn't feel it was fair to all of you to have an idle commander and member of your alliance. I chose LuckyDog to appoint as commander because I felt like he would be a good commander and understood what my initial vision for MarvelTeamUp was. But whatever it is now and moving forward is now up to you all. I wish you the best and hope MarvelTeamUp continues to be something that helps you progress.

-Dormammu
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for putting the group together and setting a great tone Dormamu. You will be missed.

I agree that I liked where we were at. We were getting the covers consistently, but I didn't feel that there was a lot of group pressure to perform in every round. If we miss occasionally it isn't a big deal. The part that wasn't fun wa that last grind for Fury at the end. The thing is though that I really don't care that we didn't get him. It won't effect my game at all. I was thrilled with how that season turned out.

I plan on sticking around and hopefully we can get back to where we were.
  • LuckyDog
    Options
    I want to start by thanking each of you. I've really enjoyed all the chatting, helping each other and seeing our rosters grow over these last 2 seasons. It's been a lot of fun. However, I fear I'm not a good fit for our group, as a leader or as a member.

For me, my enjoyment comes from 2 parts in this game. The first is the alliance. Having a group to turn to was a great add by the developers, even though it was money driven. The second is the competition. I want to improve and came aboard because I wanted a large alliance and quickly believed we could be a top 100 alliance. With alliance covers being limited to the top 100, IMO not making the rank is disheartening. To be a top 100 alliance, we have to average between 600-650 points per person in an event. Based on the last two events, we are getting that from 9-10 members. That was ok when we had a couple of guys that could score 1,000-1,100 points, but we no longer have that. I'm too competitive to not be growing at least at the same rate as 2,000 others. For me personally, if I'm not in a top 100, I'm not sure how long I'd keep playing. So, that places me in a difficult situation. Do I stay and make some hard choices about our group, knowing good and well that for many the top 100 isn't as important, and ultimately cause divide and frustrations or do I hand over power and leave? I believe leaving is the best answer for me and the alliance. For now, it only causes you to look for 1 member to replace.

I'm ready to go back to being just a soldier. I will be handing over my commander status. I would prefer a volunteer, but I will appoint it if necessary. I'm also ok if you prefer to have more than 1 commander. If anyone is considering leaving, I would ask that all of you as a group discuss what you want from this alliance before it's too late and the choice for everyone is gone.

I wish you all the best of luck and can't thank each of you and Dormammu enough for the time we have spent together as an alliance.