Options
1235»

Comments

• Should have made a move!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Well this sucks. Found out the girl I like just got a bf. Lol blah icon_e_sad.gif
    I feel ya, dude. Been there a number of times myself. Speaking as a person who learned the hard way: always go for it. It's easier said than done, but it should absolutely be done: the potential upside far outweighs the downside.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wish I had. Was gonna ask her when we hung out next week but guess I was too late. Oh well. Ill keep working on showing her im here for her and if they ever break up ill ask.
  • To me, her acceptance of another persons offer indicates that she may not have been committedly into you. If she was, she would have waited until you asked her or she might have even asked you.
  • Congrats on the recruit tokens MajinDavid
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Thanks. So how's everyone doing? Y'all have a good Easter?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Easter is always big at our house, it was great. Lots of food, candy, drinks, and games for the kids and adults. How was yours MajinDavid?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary, you guys are kicking tinkitty, great job!
  • HailMary
    Options
    Amy-Lilith wrote:
    HailMary, you guys are kicking tinkitty, great job!
    Hehe, thank you very much!

We try, though bonkers scaling and the sheer tedium of the three-year-long Hunt PVE that just wrapped up is harshin' on our vibes. We kinda just want the Falcon covers at this point. icon_razz.gif
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Easter was just another work day here. Lol. And my group has a few members really kicking tail and a few really trying to but weve now got a few that dont even seem to play at all. But I promoted most people in hopes others would open roster spaces. 2 spots were opened by others. Now im not sure what to do about the inactive players. @_@
  • HailMary
    Options
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Easter was just another work day here. Lol. And my group has a few members really kicking tail and a few really trying to but weve now got a few that dont even seem to play at all. But I promoted most people in hopes others would open roster spaces. 2 spots were opened by others. Now im not sure what to do about the inactive players. @_@
    What's the name of your alliance?

Regarding inactive and promoted alliance members, you'll need to decide what the explicit goal of your alliance is, and it need not be in-game performance at all. If someone is truly inactive, then by all means kick them. However, a player may have something serious going on IRL, or might be taking a break from MPQ, etc. In that situation, communication is key. As for promotion, it's a risky maneuver, because commanders are impossible to kick. Most alliances have tried to minimize (but by no means eliminate) this risk by first soliciting explicit promises of opening roster slots before promoting someone. Others have tried to judge personal credibility and integrity via chat, etc. Various methods have met with varying amounts of success.

The key, though, is always communication. Having observed and chatted with various alliances like CareBearStare, scAvengers, ScarFighters, and S.T.E.A.L.T.H, you need to have a cohesive message -- a concrete set of membership expectations/requirements -- as soon as possible. Then, try your darnedest not to change those expectations/requirements, and strictly enforce them when necessary. These requirements can range from simple quantitative metrics like minimum roster strength and minimum PVP scores, to more qualititative requirements, like notifying commanders if you're sitting out an event or being a funny, gregarious person.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Just being active was the rule. I dont really mind what scores someone puts up just that they are active. We have one girl who only touches pve and im fine with that.. Group is called active memebers. And I dont mind people taking a break or having issues but they havent played in about 2 weeks now. I sent a request to customer support asking if theres anything that can be done as ive heard they have gotten a few inactive members out of groups before. I just dont want my team to feel that they are being dragged down. I dont care if we are top 100 each time as long as we try but I want my group to feel like their part contributed to others trying as well and they cant when a person doesnt play.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Ah, I see. They're commanders. That complicates things a bit. Being AWOL for two weeks is definitely more-than-reasonable grounds for removal, though.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Well customer support took care of things. We are down 3 inactive players now. Time to recruit. Not promoting this time though. Lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    MajinDavid: Did customer support remove the inactive players, who were commanders, off your team?
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Removed commander statue of them.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Amy, we definitely need to contact someone to remove the commander status from some of our members
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone is getting to play right now? The game shows that there is problem in connection with the internet and when enter the game does not appear no events available.