The Hungry Chat Forum

Options

Comments

• Score! what a coincidence
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was on break at work and talking to some coworkers while playing and pulled it and jumped up going SWEET! and they are just like uh? I'm like I got spiderman yeah! And they laughed at me. Lol
  • Haha, they just don't understand the struggle :p
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    They really dont. Lol. Now opinion time. Do you think its better to focus on leveling 1 character at a time or from the bottom up? I normally focus on one but the bad is good event messed my group up a tad. We are top 100 thanks to a couple of people and I managed to hit 600 points but ive been using any wins I get to pump up my draken, and ares and rag. So I was thinking is it better to focus on one for main stuff or work on all so you always have something to work with?
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the Good is Bad PvP is a bit of an anomaly for tournaments, given the restricted nature of the roster. That said, my strategy has been to heavily invest in the characters that I want to use most often, and then when I have spare ISO (because I've run out of covers to raise level caps), I had a queue of secondary characters that I slowly start to level up. Right now, with the exception of Loki, I think all my characters are as high as they can go.

Strategically, I think having a maxed Ares and Draken are good ideas anyways (Ares is a total beast, so get him to 85 as soon as you can) and a maxed out Draken can be a great deterrent on defense depending on who you have him paired with. Ares-OBW-Draken all maxed out make an absolutely killer team (makes me wish I hadn't sold all my Draken covers and bought a roster spot for him). OBW takes advantage of Draken strike tiles for monstrous damage on purple, blue and black, and she can heal and steal. Draken self heals and Ares just punishes with green, yellow and red. I think a lot of people who are not sporting 3* rosters would hesitate attacking you with that team as well.
  • I wish I knew they would implement a ranking system and score system before I commandeered some players. There are some players who don't really play and are basically freeloading the rewards off of the efforts of the rest of the team.
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Can you try to contact them to see if they will gracefully leave the alliance? It is a bit frustrating to put a ton of energy into every event and see a handful of players who've barely scratched the surface in any of them.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    We have a few great players and a few good ones but there are like r kinda freeloading on ours. Like I understand getting beat had in an event but 4 had no points at all in the cap event. icon_e_sad.gif lol
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    At the same time, we could see how these people do in coming weeks. It could be simply that they have "life" to deal with outside the game. I'm sure there's going to be a week here and there when I can't give the game my usual focus, and It'd be good to be cut some slack for that as well.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Guess that's true too peanut
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Also just wondering. Any of y'all have a 360 and plants vs zombies garden warfare or titanfall?
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Yes on the 360, no on PvZ, but yes on Titanfall (finally, after it taking almost two weeks to ship from Best Buy). My gamertag is p3anut ga113ry if you want to add me.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    I gotta blow the dust off of my 360 and see if my live expired and renew if it did. Lol but just bought both today. Lol
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No xbox for me, sorry guys hah. I don't really have a way of contacting them.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    I got a ps3 ps4 360 vita 3ds and two reg ds. Lol
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2014
    Options
    MajinDavid wrote:
    They really dont. Lol. Now opinion time. Do you think its better to focus on leveling 1 character at a time or from the bottom up? I normally focus on one but the bad is good event messed my group up a tad. We are top 100 thanks to a couple of people and I managed to hit 600 points but ive been using any wins I get to pump up my draken, and ares and rag. So I was thinking is it better to focus on one for main stuff or work on all so you always have something to work with?
    Congrats on top 100!

I usually focus on one character at a time. I'll pump a few levels into a character if s/he's buffed in a specific event, but aside from that, I try not to put any Iso into a character unless I can immediately make him stronger than the char he's replacing. For example, being in a 2*->3* transition with 4 maxed 2* chars, I try not to put any Iso into any of my 3*s until they have 10+ covers in decent color distributions and can replace/match some of my existing characters. So, I'll level a 3* directly from sub-L25 to L100+ in one go.

As for Ares and Daken, they're beasts, but beware of Ares. He's a tremendously high-damage-output character, but he's also rather YOLO, i.e. if you don't manage OBW healing effectively, Ares will often come out of fights with significant health loss, much more so than Thor or AWolv. On defense, he and OBW are probably the scariest 2* characters in the game.

Rags is a trickier proposition. He's pretty tanky, but he's definitely a low/bottom-tier 3*. Let's put it this way: given the choice, I would easily fight a L120 Rags over a L85 Ares. There's no contest. Rags was a beast in Bad is Good, but that was due to the highly restricted roster. I hear stories, passed down through the ages, of Ragnarok's overwhelming might before the Great Nerf, but alas, such strength remains only in the tales of a bygone era.

P.S. - I have a PS3, a 360, and a Wii. No Titanfall, though.
  • Would love to join up with a good alliance. Rank around 50 for each event and I play on a daily basis whenever I get a free minute.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Soon as I find my wire for my headset on 360 ill add you. Dang turtle beaches needing that small with for 360 lol
  • I just remembered Stryve has a personal ordeal that he is going through. That is why he is not playing. Nonetheless, I do understand that people have lives outside of the game. I have never asked any of my players to play for a certain amount of hours or to rack up X amount of points. Compared to other team leaders I believe I am pretty lenient. The team does not need me to be a tyrant because the majority of them are competitive and strive to be the best.I simply dislike the notion that one or two players are reaping rewards off of the efforts of others.

Chefmtyler, we are currently full but I wish you the best of luck.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Well this sucks. Found out the girl I like just got a bf. Lol blah icon_e_sad.gif