The Hungry Chat Forum

Options

Comments

• StryveUnderfire
    Options
    Hey all,

New to The Hungry, thanks to Amy-Lilith for the invite.

Good Job on Best there is! At Alliance rank 95 with a half hour to go. Hopefully we hold on to the Top 100 for another Captain Lazy.

Just got back from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If you're fans of the recent Marvel movies, this one won't disappoint!

Pcp, I'd say that you ought to be able to do Venom Prologue for health regen after OBW hits level 25 or so. I'd start with The Search is On, followed by Stolen data once your levels get higher and you're killing them too fast. The key is to have at least 4 OBW Blue covers in order to get decent healing with only 3 blue matches.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Best There Is is done and it looks like we finished at #96. That gets us all a Cap cover. Great job everyone
  • I feel the commitment and I'm loving it! Awesome job team. Also, if you guys haven't noticed I am the recruiter for our team. As slots are being filled I am weary of who I should recruit. If anyone would like to work with me on recruitment I would be much obliged. I value all your inputs and will consider everyone's opinion.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey, I'm Isay_Isay and just joined up yesterday. Solid showing in Best There Is! Glad I could help, that extra cover should come in handy for the First Avenger
  • HootieMac
    HootieMac Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Um, ok, I guess I got booted. Could I at least get an explanation? I play daily and have been doing relatively well in PVE events. Any particular reason??
  • Great job guys, let's keep those covers coming!
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, the last two PvP events were nailbiters, but it was great to see us pull through on both. We're looking strong in the current PvE as well.

I just need to figure out the optimal team for the current GSBW PvP, as OBW is usually one of my core players, and she's obviously not available to use this time around. I've got a decent level Spidey, but he plays slowly and can't run up points quickly. Hmmmm.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not a part of your group just bored so saying hi everyone!
  • Hi stranger icon_e_smile.gif
  • StryveUnderfire
    Options
    Classic Magneto makes a useful replacement for OBW, as his blue power can be used for either protecting, generating crit tiles, clearing lines or overwriting enemy countdowns (eg. hulk, ares). The purple power when leveled can do thousands of damage. You may just want to go for rapid overpowering of 2-3 fights, then use OBW to heal in the prologue.
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Sadly, I didn't realize how awesome Classic Magneto was until I had started investing in many other covers (and sold off the few that I had since I didn't have roster space and didn't know at the time what I was getting rid of). But yeah, he's pretty awesome.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Just a small tip for unstable. The forest level with venom muscle and ragnorok. A great team is obw 1*storm and thor. They only got 4 hits on my team but I finished with full health each time I play them. Good luck to yall. icon_e_smile.gif
  • StryveUnderfire
    Options
    Solid finish in Unstable Iso-8 all! I managed 1st in my bracket (first time ever!), and I know that at least two other members of The Hungry were hanging out within 1000 points of me. Last I checked, our alliance rank was in the 140s somewhere. The only difference between us and alliances making Top 50 are that they have more members. Nice job.
  • Trying my best in this pvp event with Thor** and Ares. It's hard without OBW.
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    @MajinDavid: Thanks for the tip! Ironically, I was using the 1*Storm, Thor and OBW for every other event (unless LazyCap was mandated) in Unstable Iso-8 except for that one stage, where I was using variations of Spidey, Thor, Hulk, Doom, etc and was getting clobbered every time. I went in with your suggestion (and the team I had been using on every other node) and it was a total cakewalk. That tip (and grinding that battle) basically allowed me to finish in the top 50. Thanks again!

@ciplasmed: Yes, I was feeling quite lost without OBW, who's usually a pillar of my teams. I tried a number of different variations last night, and settled on Spidey and Ares. My GSBW is only level 30, but has her purple power, which works great with this combo. Ares brings the offense (he's a beast), Spidey stuns and heals, and when I get a protect tile from Spidey on a purple match, this feeds GSBW purple, which I then use to create green (clearing a row or getting a 5 way match if I'm lucky) which feeds Ares onslaught. It's all a bit more slow going than my matches using OBW, but it's a better alternative than trying to heal in the prologue after every other match.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Welcome for the tip. Us smaller alliances gotta share tips in order to bring the big boys down. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Majindavid, wat team are you from? Just a heads up for those who have not gotten the new update, there is now a chat forum on the game!
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Im in the group active members. Founder of it and 14 strong icon_e_smile.gif just seemed like yall were cool so figured id say hi and drop tips that I come up with or find out. More everyone levels and gets new stuff fully the more they should release for the game. Least thats what I figure
  • Nice job everyone last night! I was watching the series finale of Being Human and fell from 1st to 32nd in my bracket. bleh.

I can't do much with the Grey Suit Black Widow sadly. She's only lv 30. I'll grind out what I can but it's going to be an up hill battle.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pcp, I'd say that you ought to be able to do Venom Prologue for health regen after OBW hits level 25 or so. I'd start with The Search is On, followed by Stolen data once your levels get higher and you're killing them too fast. The key is to have at least 4 OBW Blue covers in order to get decent healing with only 3 blue matches.
    For Prologue healing, I use both the L25 solo-Venom mission ("Great Responsibility") and the L40 solo-Venom mission ("Rescue Mary Jane") near the center-right of the Venom chapter's node map. If you use those missions, you want OBW to be able to take a L25 Devour and a bit of match damage, just in case you get a bad board and Venom hits you with Devour before you get enough blue -- to me, it's not much different from taking an errant goon countdown, except you only deal with one guy, and he doesn't spam countdowns. This is a general req for whatever health OBW has going into the mission, be it a lower-level OBW with most of her health or a higher-level OBW with dangerously low health. For higher-level OBWs with decent health left, the L40 Venom mission lets you fire off more than 1 heal per fight with a decent board. This is good for healing big tanks, since a max OBW with 5 blue "only" heals 1228 health per Anti-Grav, which is 1/3 the health of a high-level Thor.

Don't worry too much about having a low-level GSBW. Play as if you have a two-char team w/ an occasional extra green boost.

Anyway, just wandered in to say hi. You guys seem like a cool, friendly group, so best of luck! icon_e_smile.gif