The Hungry Chat Forum

Options
Unknown
edited May 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Hey guys, nice work on the last tournament. I'm proud of every member's efforts. Keep it up and lets aim for a double digit spot in these upcoming tournaments.

tumblr_m9dh5qgggh1qzniqdo1_500.jpg

Comments

• Does anyone know what we place in this last tournament, I forgot to check.
  • I just saw the outcome, nice job guys, strong finish.
  • HootieMac
    HootieMac Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That was a good showing! Between our alliance finish and a top 50 rank overall I scored 2 LazyCap covers. Guessing those will come in handy for "Character X is required' stages in the next event.
  • Great to hear HootieMac, because of the alliance rank and my own I now have 3 of the new cap America, one of each color!
  • I just wanted to say Hi.
    I'm new to the alliance.
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New to the alliance this week. Just wanted to say Hi. Looking forward to generating as many points as I can for the team. I don't have the LazyCap yet, so I'm grinding as much as I can in all other nodes in the PvE map, and trying to get to (and maintain) in the 500-600 point range in the Wolverine PVP. Hopefully I'll get at least one LazyCap by the end of the PvP, which should help me to contribute more to the current PvE event.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I also just joined The Hungry today. We can definitely crack double digit wins now in alliance final ranking. I am officially member #15. Right now, I'm ranked #30 in ISO-8 and #5 in Best There Is with nowhere to go but up.
  • Hey new recruits! Glad to have you on our team. Just wanted to give a shoutout to Breakking for expanding our team. Thanks to him we now have 15 members! Again glad to have you on board an lets kick some **** in these upcoming tournaments! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Breakking
    Options
    With 18 hours to go, we are just outside the Top 100 in the Best There Is event. If we can get a little push from everyone, we can get down to double digits and score the Cap cover for all of us
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Agreed! I made a ton of headway last night, but then lost a good portion of that ground after going to sleep (went to sleep at #3 in my bracket and woke up at #35). I'm now back at #12 and looking to gain lost ground throughout the day.

I'm still trying to figure out my best defense to "stand guard" when I'm not playing. I can rack up a ton of points (with little or no use of healthpacks) using Wolvie, Thor and OBW (all Level 85). I've been trying Wolverine, Ares (85) and Hulk (114) or Wolverine, Thor & Ares with mixed degrees of success. If anyone wants to look at my roster (other candidates are IM40 (115), Spidey (115), cStorm (85)) to suggest a better defense, I'm open to suggestions.
  • Penut_gallery, have u tried OBW, wolverine, and Dr.Doom? When not playing it's good to place Your higher levels characters like iron man and hulk so that their rank intimidates others with weaker characters. Also, shields are great if you are trying to preserve your points.
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Amy-Lilith! I like the idea of Dr. Doom with OBW and Wolverine on Offense. I'll need to see how they hold up on Defense. My Hulk is now 115, so my last match was Wovlerine, Thor, Hulk, and we'll see how that holds.
  • FYI, if your characters are low on health and you have an OBW don't waste your health packs. Under prologue there are minor tournaments that you can play. Choose a minor-mid level fight with a HaMMER team and fill your player's health. It is faster if you use IM40 and/or Loki along with OBW. You can use the yellow from IM40 to fill up OBW's blue and Lokie's purple to do the same. I usually do the ones under venom.even if you have already completed all the fights it still works.
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Yep. I'm usually 50/50 with killing off the bots in Venom before I get enough blue to get a heal. I usually go to the Dark Avengers chapter and do one of the chapters with the Maggia, as they generate blue that you can also steal. I'll go in with OBW, MStorm (who is great for shaking up the board with 5 red or creating cascades and getting AP with 10 green) + one more character that needs healing.
  • Breakking
    Options
    I'm happy to have a high level Spidey for heals so I don't have much downtime between matches. I'm currently at 635 and shielded in Best There Is but it looks like I may have to unshield and make a final push for 700 so I can guarantee a top 10 finish
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 627 points @ #13. I'm not shielded, but I'm doing "maintenance" battles to keep me where I am until about an hour or two prior to the end of the event. I'll make one big push then to get to 700 and then shield, which hopefully will land me in the top 10 as well.
  • I wish I could play in The Best There Is but my wolverines are too low. HOWEVER, I just got the team 2 new strong players that are sure to boost our #s to double digits!
  • Breakking
    Options
    You can still net us a few more points in Best There Is even though your Wolvies are lvl 50ish. Every little bit will help. I think we're going to be right on the Top 100 border
  • Breakking
    Options
    We are hanging in strong at #80 in Best There Is with less than 4 hours to go. We are also in the Top 10 in the new Captain America Event
  • Hello everyone. I've joined the team a couple days ago.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Have a question:
    1. At what point (level) do you start to play the venom prologue to regain your health?
    My OBW level isn't high enough to play there.