The Hungry Chat Forum

Options

Comments

• peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, the good news is that you don't need to face armies of teams with OBW (which I use and apparently 75% of the people typically in my bracket use).

Also, with a lv 30 GSBW, you should have her purple power. This pairs nicely with any strong green user.

Another thing I have noticed - When I'm facing teams with Thor, and the opposing GSBW has the green power, if I stun Thor before he's ready to do Call the Storm, (say with Spidey or Captain America), then the opposing GSBW will spend all the green (if there's 15) on a comparatively weak sniper shot. This also works if the opposing GSBW has the red power. You can get her to spend all the red on a weak shot if you stun Wolverine when he's about to do his big slash.
  • MajinDavid, I'm also a founding member. Couldn't be prouder of my team. HailMary, welcome, glad to have you on our Forum. I see you are From Django Unbuffed, hope you guys are excelling. Same goes for MajinDavid and your team icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Amy-Lilith wrote:
    MajinDavid, I'm also a founding member. Couldn't be prouder of my team. HailMary, welcome, glad to have you on our Forum. I see you are From Django Unbuffed, hope you guys are excelling. Same goes for MajinDavid and your team icon_e_smile.gif
    Thanks! Django is doing pretty well. Having fun with cool people goes a long way. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Amy I couldnt agree with you more. Im very proud of my team. Currently we are 107 in the hollowpoint kiss and in the morning ill be making a big push on it. Holding at 320 points for now. Been working on the combat trainer. Wanting to rank up enough to get the two spiderman cards. Hes my fave hero in marvel so I feel I should get him. Currently 1050 points in combat. icon_e_smile.gif just 1550 to go. Lol
  • It just dawned on me my Forum name is different than in game. I'm "Sadness".

p.s. I hate spiderman. lol. Any match with him is like watching a sexual harassment presentation. Booooooooring and and anti-climatic. And very, very cheesy.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Im not sure ill ever use him cause he is pretty cheap but hes my fave hero. Lol
  • Poor Spidey, always being picked on lol.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever his grandma can't. :p
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Anyone else feel they got spanked in the hallowpoint kiss event? I cant get past 525. Lol and my defense is nilexistant. I won once and lost at least 100 it seemed like. Lol
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Well for all the hate against Spidey (whom I rarely use, since I prefer OBW, but she was unavailable in this tournamet), I think he provided a fairly good deterrent for me (I had him paired with Ares). I got up to 700 last night, woke up this morning to around 550, and worked my way back up to the mid 600's, and then had to go to work. For the last hour of the PvP, pretty much nobody attacked me at all. I've actually rarely seen anything like it before. I'm guessing it's because folks might have been looking at a long drawn out battle with Spidey (even if they thought they could win) and didn't want to bother with only an hour to go.
  • Spider pig spider pig, doing whatever a spider pig does icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Seriously, like HailMary put it, it is anticlimactic and takes forever! I'm over the match halfway through it. He's like the little engine that could.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    I realized he's a prize in the combat training. 2400 and 2600. Currently after sitting here for two hours I'm from 500 to 1186 and haven't needed a health pack...yet. lol and 5th place in hotshot somehow still. How are y'all doing in hotshot?
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    @MajinDavid: You'll have to let me know how the combat training goes for you after you get to 1200 - 1300. I hit a wall there pretty quickly, as you're getting to the top ranked players (at least those who haven't since used combat training for tanking).
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Everythings worth 10 points...lol but my teams like the little engine that could. 2* thor, obw, and 1*storm and only use the top left node which is forest. Just chugging away saying I think I can. Lol
  • peanut_gallery
    Options
    Oh right, I just learned today (though I got a hunch earlier this week, which I saw confirmed in another forum post) that certain nodes will always be a specific environment. And yes, in the forest (and desert, for that matter), Thor/OBW/1* Storm are completely unstoppable. One day when I have tons of time to grind, I'll need to visit that node as well. Thanks for the tip!
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    I did the math and if they stay at 10 points then Id need 158 more wins...and no losses lol
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Anyone else think nonbracketed pvp kinda sucks? Lol I cant even break top 100. Not for lack of trying. Was in 60th place and just ended up being attacked 10 times in a row for -70 points putting me at 120th
  • MajinDavid wrote:
    Anyone else think nonbracketed pvp kinda sucks? Lol I cant even break top 100. Not for lack of trying. Was in 60th place and just ended up being attacked 10 times in a row for -70 points putting me at 120th

I lost 120 points while I was working
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    Geez. Nonbracketed sucks. Looks like I might finish ok on hotshot though. Holding 3rd strongly and everyone around me is shielded.
  • MajinDavid
    Options
    I got bored and used my 100 hp I got from hotshot and got a courageous token. Pulled a blue spiderman icon_e_smile.gif