Hotshot: APR 09 - APR 11

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I feel it should just be a bit of a reason for us to encourage D3 to stop allowing people to take multiple cracks at a single player. You get on an MMR island with 5 targets, you just end up taking whacks at the point pinata over and over again, and if there's a four to five hundred point difference... the results are completely catastrophic. Also, I encourage you to take whacks at me, because your score is often quite ridiculous. I normally don't care about the progression rewards, but HT is too damn hot to pass up. I'll gladly take a few bumps towards 1100! To go from 960-something to 1100, took 2 hits on you, one on Nsoup, one on someone with a 141 HT (that one was a little scary), and a last smack for a few points.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not going to encourage you to whack me, because if you do it at the range I usually stop at (7-800), and then I retaliate while you're way up there.. well, I've always found -40 and -50's to be the most mind-foggingly infuriating then to occur while pushing. This will likely lead to negative reinforcement, which will create a feedback loop of bile and irritation, and may extend that focus from myself to fellow members of my alliance, who are in no shape way or form associated with my cruel and inhumane shenanigans. Only thing I'm responsible for with regards to them is giving advice on how to stomp PvE tournaments.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I feel it should just be a bit of a reason for us to encourage D3 to stop allowing people to take multiple cracks at a single player. You get on an MMR island with 5 targets, you just end up taking whacks at the point pinata over and over again, and if there's a four to five hundred point difference... the results are completely catastrophic.

Agreed, I felt kinda bad because I whacked one guy probably 5 times because I couldn't find anyone else over 20 pts. I even used about 2000 iso skipping around. His name was even "Nerd Rage" which was what he was probably doing.
  • I purposely skip you guys if I see you below 1100 unless you hit me first. I guess that practically stops being an option past 1000, though.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Agreed, I felt kinda bad because I whacked one guy probably 5 times because I couldn't find anyone else over 20 pts. I even used about 2000 iso skipping around. His name was even "Nerd Rage" which was what he was probably doing.

I have to do this a lot, and it's a big issue. I posted in one of my alliance's threads my results of skipping 10 times, and only 4 names showed up on that list (and they just kept cycling almost indefinitely). It almost made me quit, since I was also getting tagged with -30's repeatedly by Spiderman / MN Magneto players with 300-ish points less than me.
  • well looks like im done and I'll just go with whatever rank I'm stuck with.

Lost and will have to wait an hour for my team to heal? not worth waiting to rank back up? Guess I'll just have to continue with the venom event which is more fun for me now!
  • Kamahl-Fok wrote:

EDIT: Actually, I'm not going to encourage you to whack me, because if you do it at the range I usually stop at (7-800), and then I retaliate while you're way up there.. well, I've always found -40 and -50's to be the most mind-foggingly infuriating then to occur while pushing. This will likely lead to negative reinforcement, which will create a feedback loop of bile and irritation, and may extend that focus from myself to fellow members of my alliance, who are in no shape way or form associated with my cruel and inhumane shenanigans. Only thing I'm responsible for with regards to them is giving advice on how to stomp PvE tournaments.

You're absolutely right; with the point disparity, I was handcuffed on retals, too. Best I could do was stop the bleeding and start grinding matches to get out of your MMR post haste.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Yay, got my 1100.

And my apologies, clintman. You were the only one, along with one other guy, who were worth any points on my queue at 1000+. I had to hit you a few times.

Wasn't a problem at all, I already hit my 1100, so it diddn't matter icon_e_smile.gif Glad to see you got it, good work!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    we really should establish some kind of chat, just to help each other reach 1100.
    Maybe if we ask real nice, SHIELD will let us join theirs. icon_e_smile.gif

Are you sure you want to? Its like a Vulcan Mind Meld, we get it done when they lobotomize the part of our brain that spends time with our kids and show attention to our spouses.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bring it on!

51M8KDHSKRL._SS500_.jpg
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree with others here. I must have landed in a bubble of just the same 3/4 people again and again. I was purposely trying to avoid hitting the same person again, but at the same time, was getting ganged by the same 3 people over and over, each with level 130-141 guys. Each clip for -30 to -60....finally shielded back up at 933 and called it a day.
  • Anyone get a final placement shot for alliances?
  • jozier wrote:
    Anyone get a final placement shot for alliances?
    if I only knew how to publish screenshots from mobile... gimme a sec, I'll rewrite them.
  • Final standings (30mins AFTER the tourney ended):

1. S.H.I.E.L.D 19707 (that's what I call leaving others behind! icon_e_smile.gif )
    2. 5dv 18746
    3. BestHasArrived 15001
    4. FittedKitchens 14922
    5. DjangoUnbuffed 14890 (gratz friends!)
    6. WE SORRY 14060 (who are those guys? I see them regularly)
    7. Dead Alliance 13555
    8. the scAvengers 13030 (thx to CS for renaming our Alliance!)
    9. A-Force 12603
    10. Black Diamond 12583

From this point I want to thank the people from S.H.I.E.L.D for their support of the community. Thanks to them being unshielded, many other people have the possibility to reach the 1100pts. Hopefully one day we all will get there icon_e_smile.gif
  • That was close, 5deadlyvenoms always pushing hard that last lap. I was a sleep the final hours so shielded up at 1110 kept 1st surprisingly, I had hoped Brady would swoop in and take it from me, but can't complain as it was a cover I actually added to the team whereas the rags covers were sold for ISO. It was a good tournament
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    That was close, 5deadlyvenoms always pushing hard that last lap. I was a sleep the final hours so shielded up at 1110 kept 1st surprisingly, I had hoped Brady would swoop in and take it from me, but can't complain as it was a cover I actually added to the team whereas the rags covers were sold for ISO. It was a good tournament
    Yeah, I was pretty 'meh' about winning this, but getting 2500 ISO on top of everything else (selling 3 Rags covers, selling the X-Force) wasn't too shabby - I can use every scrap of ISO (can't we all?).
  • yep that ISO was used on HT
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    That was close, 5deadlyvenoms always pushing hard that last lap. I was a sleep the final hours so shielded up at 1110 kept 1st surprisingly, I had hoped Brady would swoop in and take it from me, but can't complain as it was a cover I actually added to the team whereas the rags covers were sold for ISO. It was a good tournament
    Yeah, I was pretty 'meh' about winning this, but getting 2500 ISO on top of everything else (selling 3 Rags covers, selling the X-Force) wasn't too shabby - I can use every scrap of ISO (can't we all?).

Hope I was there too...I have 143,816 iso but not enough covers to use them.............. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry I just go for whom ever gives me the most points. I'm the leader of the X-men btw.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemesis wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

Hope I was there too...I have 143,816 iso but not enough covers to use them.............. icon_e_sad.gif
    1st ISO world problem.