Hotshot: APR 09 - APR 11

Options
Burn up the competition and prove you're one cool customer.

Looks like it's gonna be a PVP tournament starring Human Torch instead of Psylocke.

Rewards:
1 - Wolverine X-Force (Green) + all rewards from the previous rank
2-5 - Ragnarok (Green & Red) + 3,000 ISO + 100 HP
6-10 - Ragnarok (Green & Red) + 2,500 ISO + 100 HP
11-25 - Ragnarok (Red) + 2,500 ISO + 100 HP
26-50 - Ragnarok (Red) + 1,500 ISO + 50 HP
51-100 - Daken (Purple) + 1,500 ISO + 50 HP
101-150 - Daken (Purple) + 1,000 ISO + 25 HP
151-200 - Daken (Purple) + 500 ISO

Progression Rewards:
50 - 500 ISO
300 - Recruit Token (Inferno)
500 - 500 ISO
600 - Ares (Yellow)
700 - 500 ISO
800 - 1000 ISO
900 - 50 HP
1,000 - 1000 ISO
1,100 - Human Torch (Black)
1,200 - 1000 ISO
1,300 - Invisible Woman (Yellow)

Alliance Rewards:
1 - Ragnarok (Green) + 2,000 ISO + 500 HP
2-50 - Ragnarok (Green) + 2,000 ISO + 100 HP
51-100 - Ragnarok (Green) + 2,000 ISO + 50 HP
101-250 - 1,500 ISO + 50 HP
251-500 - 1,000 ISO + 50 HP

Updated to reflect rewards.

Comments

• This must feature Iceman icon_twisted.gif
  • Was really looking for Psylocke tourney. I think I fell in love after first round of the Simulator.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    they should call it the pun/spidey tourney instead..
  • Doragon wrote:
    It's gonna be a little rough with a low leveled character in both PVE and PVP at the same time, so much healing to be done.

No, it'll just be functionally two-character lineups for missions he's required. He'll be just sorta there,actually using a power about every fifth mission, like lazycap has been lately.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    It's gonna be a little rough with a low leveled character in both PVE and PVP at the same time, so much healing to be done.

No, it'll just be functionally two-character lineups for missions he's required. He'll be just sorta there,actually using a power about every fifth mission, like lazycap has been lately.

Buffed LazyCap is fun to play with. His shield hits like a truck.
  • jozier wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Doragon wrote:

Buffed LazyCap is fun to play with. His shield hits like a truck.

How many covers do you have? Mine is 1/2/1 and hits like a 3-year old on a big wheel. Most people are going to be in the same boat at this point.
  • Mine is 2/4/2.
  • Is this a Bullseye tourney?
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    poontree wrote:
    Is this a Bullseye tourney?

You got the first 5 letters right!
  • poontree wrote:
    Is this a Bullseye tourney?

No. Jonny Storm.
  • hmm i got johnny but only from the pve event so im stuck with the flame jet at 1. Dont know how well i will do with this .-.
  • Pamizard wrote:
    hmm i got johnny but only from the pve event so im stuck with the flame jet at 1. Dont know how well i will do with this .-.

Most everyone will be in the same boat as you, so you'll do as well as you always do.

In the past, there were Daredevil/Black Panther events right after they were introduced and a bunch people won their brackets without even owning a cover (using the default).
  • I like it, I only have to worry about who to put in two roster slots as opposed to three. Simplicity for the win.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    hmm i got johnny but only from the pve event so im stuck with the flame jet at 1. Dont know how well i will do with this .-.

Most everyone will be in the same boat as you, so you'll do as well as you always do.

In the past, there were Daredevil/Black Panther events right after they were introduced and a bunch people won their brackets without even owning a cover (using the default).

Ok i see

would have been nice if i had the game earlier, and joined an alliance that made one of the top ranks and got johnny from making top rank both single player points and with the whole alliance

I shall do my best icon_e_smile.gif
  • I like it, I only have to worry about who to put in two roster slots as opposed to three. Simplicity for the win.

Me too, I prefer these PvPs than the no holds barred. Especially as I'm just using 3 two-star characters. I could switch from MN Mags / C. Storm to C. Storm / MN Thor. Saved me a lot of health packs. Also, having the default character not sustain any damage is a big plus.
  • Maybe I should use the loaned torch despite having my own 3-cover torch. On defense he will only waste AP in one color, rather than wasting AP in all 3 colors (and 30% in all other colors)
  • Man, I hope the rewards suck. My tanking has been notedly less lately.

Also wonder which cover the LoanerTorch is gonna be?

I hope for RED. That way, I use the loaner instead of mine. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Hmm this question I have to ask, if I use a loaner Hero (despite already possessing say a L141 of the same Hero), who does my opponent fight during the retaliation?
  • Doragon wrote:
    Hmm this question I have to ask, if I use a loaner Hero (despite already possessing say a L141 of the same Hero), who does my opponent fight during the retaliation?

From what I understand, people retaliating always see the exact same team (covers, levels) you used to beat them with. Everyone else sees the exact same team (covers, levels) you last won a match with.

PS: Rags lol
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Man, I hope the rewards suck. My tanking has been notedly less lately.

Also wonder which cover the LoanerTorch is gonna be?

I hope for RED. That way, I use the loaner instead of mine. icon_mrgreen.gif

Looks like your prayers were answered. Rags and Daken rewards!