Hotshot: APR 09 - APR 11

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    People who are in more competitive brackets: are there actually enough high point people out there for a push to 1100 to be possible?

Once you get into the 900 range theres a lot of grinding 5-10 point nodes to get to 1100 from my experience.

yeah...I just passed 900 a little while ago...seeing that from time to time. Lucky if any match is 20+ points, average being 10,11,12, etc. Then see those that I have to skip...141 spidey/punisher or patch, etc...but still only 10 points even if I played and won.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Made a push for 1100, got to about 1050 went into a match for 20 points came out to -55. Shields up I guess! Make a push for 1100 when it drops again probably
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Around 900 I was getting 5-10 point matches once I cracked 1,000 started seeing more 20 point matches but I also started getting hit back quite quickly and frequently
  • Dunno about now but last night there were a couple guys I saw over 1200 and 1100. They really helped me to get my 1100! icon_e_smile.gif I think though that if the rewards for this tourney were good, they would have been shielded up so they never would have shown up for me. Soooo Thanks rags? icon_lol.gif
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I saw a couple guys up around 1k last night, but we were all hitting each other and a lot of us were having trouble staying above 900.

I just cracked 1100 (woot!) and will be unshielded the rest of the tournament. Come get your points while the getting's good!

Also, if you're pushing for points and want me to retaliate so that you can hit me again, let me know. I can't guarantee that I'll hit you in a timely manner, but I can do my best.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to bother putting in a tanking team, but if you see me, go ahead and hit me, I'm not going to retaliate
  • we really should establish some kind of chat, just to help each other reach 1100.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    we really should establish some kind of chat, just to help each other reach 1100.
    Maybe if we ask real nice, SHIELD will let us join theirs. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Making my run at 1100 now. I'd appreciate it if you skippe dme for the next 20 min or so. After that I'll gladly be an unshielded pinata
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You mutants reaching 1100 should really stop annoying others with your constant blabbing about how you are getting to 1100 >.<
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    You mutants reaching 1100 should really stop annoying others with your constant blabbing about how you are getting to 1100 >.<
    I made my run toward 1100 earlier, but I'm taking a breather in 500s. Later, I'll push toward 1100 again, but I'll probably take a breather in the 700s that'll last until tomorrow.
  • Bah, got to 1090 and finished my fight for 1100 and came out to a -87.

Shielded up for now. Will make another run in a bit.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Bah, got to 1090 and finished my fight for 1100 and came out to a -87.

Shielded up for now. Will make another run in a bit.

yeah, I had a shield go down and got nailed about 6-7 times back to back, managed to win a few...but most had a low HT and 141 characters, which I don't have any yet.

Wound up using some HP and now have HT 5 green, as I don't have any other covers yet. Leveled him to 64, which I think is 96 in hotshot buffed mode. Helped some, but was still getting nailed from much higher level teams. Shielded back up again around 900. Was about 15 shy of 1000 before I got pummeled.

Note...The max green is pretty cool at least. Wish I had red, but as long as you have green ap...Can have max hits of over 1k unbuffed, just over 1,500 in buffed state.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlucardUK - if you see this - I'm not gonna fight you for first if you're gunning for it. Probably will just stay shielded for the rest of the tourney. Maybe someone else will climb over both of us though. I guess we'll see.
  • Wow I went up to the middle of 1200. Something must have changed cause it's way easier now. I didn't get attacked once on my way to 1100.
  • Un-shielded at over 1100. Have at it piranhas, no retaliations unless I somehow dip below rank 25 which is highly unlikely.
  • I had the most hilarious time with this event. I hit Walkyourpath 4 times in a row, then he and Jozier tried to double-team me, which would have worked if one of them didn't actually end up losing. I took it as a sign to shield up, which paid off since at least one more shield member promptly took a whack at me after I went to bed. Woke up, hit Walkyourpath two more times (one retaliation, one queue), some other people a few times more, bam 1100.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel a little bad, one of the people I hit multiple times on the way up who had mid-1000 finally used his retribution and it said he was at like...750 icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Was at about 1050 when someone whacked me. Got hot under the color about it, but I am about 420 degrees cooler now.

Temperature puns!

Anyway, I am shielded now. If you still see me in your queue, you will not be hurting me.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I had the most hilarious time with this event. I hit Walkyourpath 4 times in a row, then he and Jozier tried to double-team me, which would have worked if one of them didn't actually end up losing. I took it as a sign to shield up, which paid off since at least one more shield member promptly took a whack at me after I went to bed. Woke up, hit Walkyourpath two more times (one retaliation, one queue), some other people a few times more, bam 1100.

Yeah, you were a major thorn in my side on the way to 1100+. I was so wishing I had less points than you so I could retaliate properly without being punished with a point deficit in the exchange! Well played, sir. I ordinarily try not to hit someone more than twice, but I'll make an exception for you next time. icon_e_smile.gif