Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• Polkio wrote:
    Probably have to buy last widow cover. 2AM tournament ends for me. At least 500HP in those tournaments are quite easy to achieve

Surely you can afford to wait :p. Might be better to save the HP for when they release another hero who actually matters defensively. Provided they don't start nerfing HP upgrade costs =(
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, the exact same buffs and rewards. I'm not going to try for first and get ninth again. Just need to decide whether I'm going to get up to the IM40 progression reward token and stop, or try for 11-25 to get the purple cover for my 3/3/3 Widow. My Classic Storm is 5/5/1, so her progression rewards are just little ISO bumps to me.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Ugh, the exact same buffs and rewards. I'm not going to try for first and get ninth again. Just need to decide whether I'm going to get up to the IM40 progression reward token and stop, or try for 11-25 to get the purple cover for my 3/3/3 Widow. My Classic Storm is 5/5/1, so her progression rewards are just little ISO bumps to me.

Yeah the first round maxed out my IM40 and got my BWG to 5 Purple (which is fun as hell) but I'd have to get to first in order to get the green cover I covet. The progress rewards are great in terms of ISO and HP, but the incentive to grind hard isn't as strong, which is good. I top 10'd in the first round... would be cool if the second round some people who don't normally place highly get a chance to.

That and I'm going to make a point to play with BWG over Thor... I just... Thor is such an easy button at high level. This isn't a bad thing and you need him quite often, but man that same strat over and over burns you out eventually.
  • I got top 50 finish in the first one without a fight, needed the Thor covers (though I'm debating whether to hold out for 5/5/3 or go ahead with 5/4/4 using the green in my cache). I woke up today and only suffered one attack all night, for -17 points.

Now I'm wondering though if I'd have been better off trying for top finish in the first one; competition in the second will likely be heavier. I need HP for another cover slot to hold the impending Doom.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    join me in my bracket dumdumdugan, and let us declare 1-2 for ourselves. (i actually have a 5/3/4 widow so need 1 purple, so top 25...but i think it'll be fun lol)

I never hit join right away anymore, i learned my lesson from the first heroic lol. Don't wanna get put into the same bracket as you crazies icon_e_smile.gif

So the bracket you get put in is based on when you fight your first match?
  • sms4002 wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    join me in my bracket dumdumdugan, and let us declare 1-2 for ourselves. (i actually have a 5/3/4 widow so need 1 purple, so top 25...but i think it'll be fun lol)

I never hit join right away anymore, i learned my lesson from the first heroic lol. Don't wanna get put into the same bracket as you crazies icon_e_smile.gif

you are correct. new fad is to join during the most random times in hopes that you don't get a beast in your bracket. problem is now its super random since everyone is doing it.
  • forgrim wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    you are correct. new fad is to join during the most random times in hopes that you don't get a beast in your bracket. problem is now its super random since everyone is doing it.

So player behavior essentially solved the problem? That is actually a great sign of the community helping the game.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    I topped out at 1083 when trying for the yellow spider man, had a win that would have taken me over but got hit and then hit again twice on completion of the next match.

I had a nice easy bracket and got my first top spot by just over 100 points.
  • I topped out at 1083 when trying for the yellow spider man, had a win that would have taken me over but got hit and then hit again twice on completion of the next match.

Wish there was a way of seeing your placing after the tournament so you could see who beat you and with what. Would be a great way to learn about what you should be doing differently and find new strategies so we all don't burn out on C.Storm + Thor + Whatever RINSE REPEAT.
  • MaTThZero
    MaTThZero Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    This is what happens when there are european turneys .. first european turney .. my first 1st place finish !!

Now im hoping for top 25 on the next one icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    To be honest one more green I could cross all 3* - this is my last needed cover from 3* (hmm what to do after?)

Be our punching bag for getting stuff. You only attack non-forumites and never retaliate against those of us here. We appreciate your dedication.

I can be a bag man !!!

And thank you for performing so well! You yielded to me and then later you actually came up in matchmaking so I bravely stepped up to the plate and defeated your hideous team of L1 1*'s (and the L15 Mags).
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    To be honest one more green I could cross all 3* - this is my last needed cover from 3* (hmm what to do after?)

Be our punching bag for getting stuff. You only attack non-forumites and never retaliate against those of us here. We appreciate your dedication.

I can be a bag man !!!

And thank you for performing so well! You yielded to me and then later you actually came up in matchmaking so I bravely stepped up to the plate and defeated your hideous team of L1 1*'s (and the L15 Mags).

My Hawkeye is a killer ...
  • Default bagman has too many HPs. Please use a level 1 hawkeye and widow
  • He had a L1 Hawkeye and Juggernaut as I recall.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it just me, or are there a whole lot less level 15 IM40s to beat up on this time?
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    rabscutle wrote:
    I topped out at 1083 when trying for the yellow spider man, had a win that would have taken me over but got hit and then hit again twice on completion of the next match.

Wish there was a way of seeing your placing after the tournament so you could see who beat you and with what. Would be a great way to learn about what you should be doing differently and find new strategies so we all don't burn out on C.Storm + Thor + Whatever RINSE REPEAT.

I concur.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Is it just me, or are there a whole lot less level 15 IM40s to beat up on this time?
    Yeah, I'm tanking the lightnings as hard as I can to get them back. 10k+ HP is just silly
  • Looks like I can stay to the end of this part also thanks to [REDACTED] betatesting during the weekend, which starts 2am here in Sweden.
  • Shikao - why you are in my bracket - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?
  • Polkio wrote:
    Shikao - why you are in my bracket - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?

So we can have Polish top 2? icon_razz.gif