New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

They are the same. 300 shards is worth a psylocke cover regardless of ascension. That doesn't change the fact that you need more than 1 cover to level an ascended psylocke. Those are independent facts. Shards keep the same value across ascension levels.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bbigler said:
    Is that true? They said shard costs would be the same in each tier regardless if they’re ascended or not.

If you're asking me then yes, it is true.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@bbigler said:
    Is that true? They said shard costs would be the same in each tier regardless if they’re ascended or not.

If you're asking me then yes, it is true.

So, If Psylocke is a 4-star, it takes 900 shards to give her 1 level? Not 400 shards like natural 4s?

EDIT: I re-read the OP and it does say “covers or an equivalent amount of shards” according to the chart below. So, I guess I just misunderstood that bit

• Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@Uninspired said:
    From the original post, it sounds like it is more expensive to use shards to level an ascended character vs. a normal character, based on the second step leveling up Psylocke:

Leveling Up Ascended Characters & Ascending Again

How to complete a second Ascension for an Ascended 4-Star Psylocke to give her 5-Star rarity:

-On Ascended 4-Star Psylocke’s character information screen, select “Level Up”
    -Use 3 Psylocke covers, or 1200 Psylocke shards, to level her up
    -Repeat this process until she reaches max 4-Star Champion level, level 370

It costs 300 shards to add a level to a normal 3*. The example says you need either 3 covers or 1200 shards to add a level to a 3* ascended to 4* status. This is 400 shards per level (1200 / 3 = 400), meaning an extra 100 shards.

This is consistent with earlier posts saying the shard cost would be based on the stars of the ascended character and not the original basis, so it seems correct. However, this does suggest that you should never spend shards on an ascended character, but instead save them for the inevitable 3* dupes you will build. Am I missing something?

They misspoke, you only need 900 shards to level up a 3Psylocke4.

Good to know, thanks for clarifying.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Is that just a problem for the DDQ 1* and 2* fights? Can you cite some specific issues where someone has "locked themselves out" of something?

I'm a bit concerned with the 4-Star Shield Training release events because I believe it's based on star tier and not characters, but I hope I'm wrong and that it only impacts DDQ right now

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

All of these hypothetical problems could also be solved by the devs just updating code at some point. For example, right now "That Guy From That Place" (the 1★ mission from Deadpool's Daily Quest) requires you to use a 1★ character; Ascended characters who began as 1★ are not allowed.

But if they simply changed that to the 8 characters instead, then problem solved: Iron Man (Model 35), Spider-Man (Original), Storm (Modern), etc.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    All of these hypothetical problems could also be solved by the devs just updating code at some point. For example, right now "That Guy From That Place" (the 1★ mission from Deadpool's Daily Quest) requires you to use a 1★ character; Ascended characters who began as 1★ are not allowed.

But if they simply changed that to the 8 characters instead, then problem solved: Iron Man (Model 35), Spider-Man (Original), Storm (Modern), etc.

You can use the one-stars that are now two-star characters in the two-star nodes, though. The dev coding your solution would very likely mess with that.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

There are enough real problems, they shouldn't worry about solving hypothetical ones.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I haven’t ascended De4dpool yet (he’s not maxed yet). Can someone who has ascended him check Welcome to Shield today and see if you’re able to play him in the 4* node?

I’m assuming we’ll be able to use the ascended version, and that the node is coded to his name and not rarity (similar to the essential nodes in a PvE event), but this will let us confirm that WtS isn’t unique or weird.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Xception81 said:
    I haven’t ascended De4dpool yet (he’s not maxed yet). Can someone who has ascended him check Welcome to Shield today and see if you’re able to play him in the 4* node?

I’m assuming we’ll be able to use the ascended version, and that the node is coded to his name and not rarity (similar to the essential nodes in a PvE event), but this will let us confirm that WtS isn’t unique or weird.

You can.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@IceIX could you please also add the excel sheet with Champ Rewards to the official announcement post? Makes it much easier to find for future reference.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is there any way to "apply" my 1* Spidey to the "ascended to 3*" 1* Spidey they gave us for free, or is this mechanic not supported?

• Xception81
    Options

@DeNappa said:
    Is there any way to "apply" my 1* Spidey to the "ascended to 3*" 1* Spidey they gave us for free, or is this mechanic not supported?

Yep, select Roster and then filter for the first “upgrade ready” selection (the rectangular cover). Then you’ll see all the options available.

• DeNappa
    Options

@Xception81 said:

@DeNappa said:

Yep, select Roster and then filter for the first “upgrade ready” selection (the rectangular cover). Then you’ll see all the options available.

The only options I have (as far as I can see) are:

• Open the ascended Spider-Man and add covers. I can only do this if I have individual 1* Spider-Man covers on the vine
    • Open the lvl 50 Spider-Man and click "Ascend". But this just opens the screen to find a duplicate 1* Spider-Man to ascend them to 2* with.
  • Xception81
    Options

But don’t you have a 1* cover on your vine? I guess I’m confused by your initial question. Unless you mean you want to add your full covered 1* spidey (13 covers) to your 3* ascended version. If that’s your actual question, then no, you can’t do that.

• DeNappa
    Options

Yeah maybe I was not clear. I meant adding my maxed 1* spider-man. Ah well, I guess I do need him for the DDQ node anyway.

• Xception81
    Options

@DeNappa said:
    Yeah maybe I was not clear. I meant adding my maxed 1* spider-man. Ah well, I guess I do need him for the DDQ node anyway.

Technically you’ll need him later. Once your 3* is maxed then you’ll need another 3* to ascend to the 4* level, which will come from this 1* ascending and then ascending again. So yeah, keep him and use him for DDQ for awhile.