**** Human Torch (Annihilus) ****

Options
12346»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I dunno, he's definitely not, like, good, but I don't think he's offensively bad or anything. His repeater does drop the cost on all his stuff by 1ap every time it ticks, so that's pretty cool.

I can't really see using him for anything, certainly not on purpose, but that also describes like 90% of the 4* tier for me, so...meh.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But he is really slow as it's needed to fire the rod and then wait 2 turns for lowering 1 AP.
    The health increase won't save him from facing a polaris team.
    He can be kind of fun to play, I don't deny that, but that final nerf is pretty funny.
    He needs to fire his rod and to protect it, then he would buff any attack tiles (originally). I wonder what could broke a low effective tactic like that, in a game where 1 5* character, 2 3* +1yellow and 1 or 2 supports can win almost alny battle on 2 turns.
    And in a game where chasm happily continues wrecking pvp, now boosted.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

He is slow but his attack tiles can spiral out of control given time. His red is effective at removing enemy specials and can act as AP fixer. So far I find the loaner PVP okay as supporting char in 4* land. In 5* land he probably gets obsolete because he is slow, but his powers are doing something.

Also no need to compare to chasm or kang here, they are PERFECTLY FINE and BALANCED and NOT CONSTRAINING THE META AT ALL ( I still hope they get nerfed to the ground and below)

• ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options

There are many valid points about this Torch's design, power level, pre-nerf and so on, but personally I will not use him because of animations - they're terrible to begin with, they repeat animations of the totally unrelated character and his red power (with straightforward damage and tile destruction) for some reasons plays "shields" animation, which makes me think that M'Baku animations choice unexpectedly wasn't the worst.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ragnarady said:
    There are many valid points about this Torch's design, power level, pre-nerf and so on, but personally I will not use him because of animations - they're terrible to begin with, they repeat animations of the totally unrelated character and his red power (with straightforward damage and tile destruction) for some reasons plays "shields" animation, which makes me think that M'Baku animations choice unexpectedly wasn't the worst.

Those animations must have been placeholders. There are new ones now that actually feature the Human Torch.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't find that very reassuring that we are now in a place where unfinished characters are being released. It is one thing to put draft notes on the forum but now those drafts are making it in-game.

It does explain why everything is breaking though if they are so stretched they can't finish characters prior to release.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm hoping for a return of the purple squiggly they had for Doop.
    That was hilarious.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It now also says that there are "not enough tiles" when trying to fire his black beyond the second time.

So yeah - released in a broken state... :(

• Farii
    Farii Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Boosting those attack tiles is a good feature, but looks like friendly Torch boosts also enemy Torch's attack tiles. Intentional or bug?

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

some in game communication regarding the animations being updated would have been good... Wouldn't have known if it wasn't for megabee's post above

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@ragnarady said:

Those animations must have been placeholders. There are new ones now that actually feature the Human Torch.

This is surreal. Magic got a pre-release nerf and now Torch is released with placeholder animations? How is this a thing?

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

"New" animations are just reskinned 2/3 animations from what I can tell?

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    "New" animations are just reskinned 2/3 animations from what I can tell?

Better than the M'Baku "holding animations" we got, but wow, the laziness is just .... Palpable, isn't it? Like, it tastes like a really bitter, over drawn tea, with sad citrus and a cup that's clearly been worn down.