**** Human Torch (Annihilus) ****

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It occurs to me that possibly Human Torch set the kitchen on fire...he needs to go and play with his rod outside.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    does the "increase life %" get reduced by permanent damage ?
    let suppose he has 10k life and max lvl black power :

• get perma damaged for 5k, 5k remaining
    • black repeater tick for +6% health -> does he gain 600 hitpoints or 300 hitpoints ?

Would like to know this as well. I expect this to be 600 hitpoint.

also his affiliation seems weird, he should be time displaced or multiversal or both, instead he is "team cap"

From what I understood, this the the main universe Human Torch, who got trapped in the negative zone (still from the same main universe) and returned with Annihilus' control rod. So no multiverse, no time displacement. Don't know if there is a "resurrected" like affiliation (he died and got resurrected multiple times in the negative zone).

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Surely it can't be more work to pick a good match up instead of a bad match up?
    Assuming it's manual work anyway.

You (and Alex) make a good point here. It's definitely a sliding scale between "build an entirely new event" and "pick a good matchup for shield training," and currently they're not even on that scale at all. They could certainly do some of the lower-effort things on the scale now. I don't know why they're not.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

do we know who are the required chars for this welcome to shield ?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ph5 Emma
    TAH
    Doom

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So is this an error or a last minute nerf?

In the description here it says

"At the start of your team's turn, if a Cosmic Control Rod Repeater tile exists on the board, improve friendly Attack tiles by 33%"

But in the game it says

"improve Johnny's Attack tiles by 33%"

And it plays exactly as such. He only improves attack tiles he puts down.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How can the game even tell?
    That's new.

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just done a couple matches and he didn't boost attack tiles put down by Ronin, C&D etc. but did boost the ones put down with his Green.

Also once they get buffed by a tile booster like Kitty or Nico then he no longer improves them either.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Wait a minute wait a minute….. he’s got the exact animations as m’baku? Come on man….

This is exactly what I logged in to say. The character art looks pretty decent, so was expecting something cool on the animations but this is... Poor. an error or real laziness from whoever does the animations?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now he is truly a 4* for 4* players.
    Him buffing attack tiles was his only use for 5* players, and attack tiles are always less effective than strikes.
    And his animations... perhaps they read few people play with them and they thought nobody will realize it :D

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    How can the game even tell?
    That's new.

There are other characters who know exactly which specials they've put down. Usually that's CD's of course but there may be characters I've forgotten now who know their own SAPs too.

One thing for sure, it took me several tries to beat Colleen Wing in Shield Training. Once she gets her CD placed that makes her immune to attack tile damage and starts healing she basically just wrecks him with match damage. She's a bad 1v1 matchup for him so clearly that will be the Crash too I presume.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

Proper terrible animations again. He is pretty bad generally.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

When I thought he was unremarkable, I ranked him in the "meh" zone for a new release, and "a little better than X23" for new players, but now? The animation laziness (which is exactly what it is) and the gimmick around only benefiting his own attack tiles is absolutely absurd, and frustrating.

This is a character that's only strength was the bredth of his kit, and they've hamstrung that before release. Good lord. Just have him give a normal % boost to attack tiles in general, come on. This whole "only his own attack tiles" thing just takes him to the trash tier for me. Would pick so many other Red/Green/Black characters before him. Hell, I'd take 3 star Gamora over him, especially if she tanks her colors.

In fact, I can think of a HUGE number of 3 star characters that are WAY better than this Torch. Come on, the event errors, the trash release, the character bugs that aren't getting fixed. Broken Circle, indeed. Nothing is coming full circle in a way that benefits us or the company. I'd really like to keep playing this game, not see it fall to pieces.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but once I got his black generated tile fortified, the game let me infinitely cast his black without losing AP. I don't think it did anything, but usually you get an error if casting a power will do nothing. Seems odd.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Happened to me too. Must be a bug? It does nothing that I can see. Very strange if not bugged.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Happened to me too. Didn't use any AP and didn't do anything to the board.

I wonder if I faced an enemy 3* Strange whether he would have been able to damage me for casting it with no effect. If there are any characters who do anything for you (generate AP type thing) when you fire a power, this would create a winfinte.

KGB

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but once I got his black generated tile fortified, the game let me infinitely cast his black without losing AP. I don't think it did anything, but usually you get an error if casting a power will do nothing. Seems odd.

You can cast 5* Emma's blue when already in diamond form, and from what I can gather it does nothing but drain AP. I was confused because as you've mentioned, normally powers like that flash up saying 'firing this power will have no effect'. So guessing this check was missed, as appears to be the same for Torch.
    Unless I've missed something from Emma's powers that someone has a better idea of

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited April 2023
    Options

Sorry to say, this is broken circle first bad release. he worst than black knight even though there not responsible for black knight. 3 star human torch classic and 4 star Jim Hammond are better than..him.. I'm not going to use this torch unless a pve requires it.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

Since he doesn't feed a 5*, I might skip champing him.