**** Human Torch (Annihilus) ****

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@EddieCL said:
    PvE week starting on Friday instead of the usual Thursday is not a biggie for me, as long as the overlapping can be avoid

It does overlap if it starts on the 20th, though.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

So which is correct, the schedule posted here or the schedule posted in the What's New April thread? They're not the same. :'(

From the top post on page 1:

Release Schedule

Story
    4/17 - 4/22 Cosmic Chaos
    Placement Rewards: Wong, Hellcat, Jeffrey (Land Shark), Ms. Marvel
    Progression Rewards: Magik (P5), Deathlok, Emma Frost (New X-Men), Storm (Classic)

Fight For Wakanda - 4/20-4/23
    Human Torch (Annihilus) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4/23-4/27
    Human Torch (Annihilus) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Lost In Time - 4/24-4/28
    Human Torch (Annihilus) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

From the top post in What's New:

PVE Events
    4/21 - 4/25 Fight For Wakanda
    Placement Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), New Character (4*), Hulk (Indestructible), Ares
    Progression Rewards: Wong, Hellcat, Jeffrey (Land Shark), Ms. Marvel

4/24 - 4/29 Operation Spider Silk
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Miles Morales, Thor (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), New Character (4*), Hulk (Indestructible), Ares

There have been numerous inquiries made on the schedule and other than the above postings, it's been radio silence from BCS and D3. I think the most pressing question right now concerns the dates for Fight For Wakanda. Does FFW start on Thursday (4/20) or Friday (4/21), and does it end on Sunday (4/23) or Tuesday (4/25)? FFW is normally a 4-day event, yet the above schedules indicate either a 2-day or 3-day run. :/

If I were to answer my question, I would think it starts Thursday (4/20) and ends Tuesday (4/25). Yes, FFW would overlap with Cosmic Chaos, but at least it would avoid overlapping with the next PVE, either Lost In Time or Operation Spider Silk, whichever one turns out to be correct. :|

• Bowgentle
    Options

They don't know themselves.
    Check Ice's post in here.

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    They don't know themselves.
    Check Ice's post in here.

The PvE's will start whenever the game code decides they will. The A.I. takeover has begun.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This thread has been hijacked by players talking about pve schedules instead of Human Torch himself. :(

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    This thread has been hijacked by players talking about pve schedules instead of Human Torch himself. :(

The conflicting PvE information is part of the original post and deals with Torch's release schedule. How is talking about this hijacking the thread?

Now this post and the one to which I am replying may actually be veering off topic.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Also, we got the first official word on the scheduling problems here.
    And it's much more important than the 600th 4* release.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

The same question about pve scheduling has been asked in the What's New thread, before his release was made known and before the existence of this thread. The dev didn't reply them, so they have to make this thread about pve scheduling.

And to stay on topic, if his black repeater can reduce his Fireball Special to 3 ap cost, you can fire it 100 times or more until you win the match.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    And to stay on topic, if his black repeater can reduce his Fireball Special to 3 ap cost, you can fire it 100 times or more until you win the match.

Eventually, you won't have enough of that color on the board, though.

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2023
    Options

That's something I haven't thought of. If this Human Torch can be used with the current 4* Human Torch, then infinite Fireball Special is possible in pick-3. Probably Sersi and other character can help with this.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    The same question about pve scheduling has been asked in the What's New thread, before his release was made known and before the existence of this thread. The dev didn't reply them, so they have to make this thread about pve scheduling.

This thread about PVE scheduling provided yet ANOTHER timetable that has issues and conflicts with the one we were presented before.....causing further confusion. It's one of the few places that a dev HAS responded, so not understanding why people voicing this seems to bother you.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If I want to read about pve scheduling problem, I head to the what's new thread. This is not the first time this has happened. Maybe you guys should start your own "PvE Scheduling Problem" thread, and then you guys can post in that thread because you'll be using that thread quite often.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    If I want to read about pve scheduling problem, I head to the what's new thread. This is not the first time this has happened. Maybe you guys should start your own "PvE Scheduling Problem" thread, and then you guys can post in that thread because you'll be using that thread quite often.

A new character's release schedule has always been part of their thread, making it a natural place to discuss it - especially if we keep getting radio silence everywhere else.

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

I assume you are addressing this complaint to IceX, as he is the one that chose to address the new character release event schedule issue in the new character release thread instead of the already started separate PvE scheduling problem thread. It would be nonsensical to admonish "the players" for replying to an official account in the thread to which he posted. As said schedule is part of the original post, by definition it is most certainly on topic and of concern to those choosing what time they plan on competing to obtain the new character. I'd submit that theorycrafting discussions about a character would be better suited to the MPQ Character Discussion subforum.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

I think, imo, in a sense, he's forced to reply to you guys because he was replying to another player's question related to Human Torch's ability and if he didn't reply to your (players who are deeply affected by this problem) question about the pve scheduling problem, you guys will probably start to badmouth them again. This thread will be moved to the character discussion thread after a while, so it's the correct thread to talk about his potential teammates/synergies in this thread.

Please start your own thread about pve scheduling problem. Whenever you guys spot something wrong, you can bump up that thread. It will probably be easier for the mod to take note. I mean, if the thread got revive, chances are there are scheduling problem again.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

May I just politely suggest we all take a back seat about the issues of discussing the scheduling, and just utilize the space we have as it goes. The mod's have not split this or stepped in about the topic YET so let's just chill a bit on the PvP style of discussion here and focus on the other topics?

This Torch as an F4 entry is unremarkable entirely. He doesn't synergize with Invisible Woman or Thing or with Mr F either. There just isn't much attention to the team mechanics between them, and its just not exciting.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Of course, no one is "forcing" them to do anything.

Yes, this affects everyone to different degree. Only hardcore players are deeply affected by this. They are so affected by this that they have to ask this question
    repeatedly until they get an answer. Unfortunately, the answer given is as good as a non-answer or is similar to why some powers are bugged in live environment but it looked fine from their test servers. Majority of the players are not going to be affected deeply by this. They are going to continue playing a few matches every day and call it a day. You don't see MPQ players in reddit posting other threads with pve scheduling problems because most of them don't care about it.

Creating a specific thread for your "urgent" pve scheduling problem will prevent you guys from hijacking other threads in the future, like this thread. (I know some of you are going to say that I'm the one who derailed this thread. Since this thread has already been derailed at page one, we might as well sacrifice Human Torch thread).