Category-5 - Season III - June 18-21

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Gotta say, this new reward structure looks pretty good.

100 HP as progression rewards up until 800 points, a second event token, 2 covers for top 25 instead of top 10, one 3* for up to top 100. Top 5 gets an extra cover and extra 3k ISO so extra incentive to go for it instead of settling with top 10.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why did the revamped reward structure have to start with Spidey covers? icon_lol.gif Anyway, as a mid-tier player who could definitely use more 3* covers, I welcome the change icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Edit: ignore that one...

I love everything about the new structure, gosh dang it, you dun good, you dun good, D3.
    Now where are the secret undocumented changes? :3
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love the new reward structure, both the placement rewards and especially the progression awards.
    So this probably means they will change to a different structure very soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    While the new reward structure looks good. Is Dev doing this because they nerf spidy too hard? haha...

Well, hope this reward structure is permanent, not just for spidy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Dang, they really made some of the tiers something you want to compete for instead now of "500 more iso icon_rolleyes.gif "

Indeed. I normally say that Demiurge uses some severe tunnel vision in making its gameplay decisions, but I have to complement them for creating a strong rewards structure that encourages players to push for "one more prize tier" at every level. I'm impressed.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    This is a VERY encouraging move from D3P ... I'm honestly in shock a little.
    They threw a bone to the solo whalers, significantly increased the event rewards percentage output, and buffed the progression rewards. Bravo.

Slow-Clap.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Everything about the new reward structure is awesome.

The bad news is: We'll have 2 Spiderman tourneys in Season 3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:

Spidey is this season's Rag
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Holy tinykitty it's raining Spidey covers!
    Next tourney will be spidey. 212 spidey's games will be long with those protect tiles icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I hopefully doubt it that they would change the structure just for one event.
    It's about time something like this would be done, as alliance competition is getting out of hand and players from non-maxed alliances, and especially from non-top 100 alliances, are actually the absolute majority of the playerbase.
    Since tokens have been nerfed heavily, the extra token is a nice and welcome gesture. RNGesus loves everyone alike (except me recently).
    Rejoice, true believers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Holy tinykitty it's raining Spidey covers! Maybe now I can finally have more than three of them....

But the question is... why would you want more??

Gotta_Catch_%27Em_All.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:

I don't want to speak too soon, but we might not! The Black Panther event should normally have been rerun already if they followed their past pattern. They just might have canned the obligatory repeat events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I had to name one improvement of the new reward structure (even though its vastly improved) is that the two star covers are still there. I would replace that with an event token.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    If I had to name one improvement of the new reward structure (even though its vastly improved) is that the two star covers are still there. I would replace that with an event token.
    But then you're at the mercy of RNGesus - I think static covers are still the way to go.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You are already at the mercy of rng. You can't tell me someone waits one month for the one chance for d3 to put blue Hawkeye in a pvp rewards structure. People love opening packs / tokens. I feel itd be a positive change and allow someone who needs zero rewards to score low and luck out. But whatever, I'll take this reward structure any day of the week over the old one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well... there is one nerf, hidden in all the buffing of cover prizes.

Granted, this could be explained somewhat by the moving of some HP rewards back to the progression prize tier, but now top 50 is required for a 50 HP personal placement prize and top 10 for 100 HP.

However, I do appreciate that they broke the 3-50 Alliance prize tier into 3-10, 11-25, and 26-50. Granted the only difference between these tiers is ISO payout (they all yield 100 HP), but 5000 ISO to each member of an alliance is fairly considerable, especially on top of the very likely high personal placement ISO as well (top 5 yields 5000 ISO as well).
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    a tip of the hat to Demiurge and D3, they did an excellent job on making these rewards actually rewarding for EVERYONE, putting HP in the progressives will really help everyone and putting an extra cover AND 3k iso for top 5 instead of just 500iso difference will make it more incentive to place instead of it being "i'm not bothering pushing any hard for 500 iso" attitude that was the top 10 for me.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Well... there is one nerf, hidden in all the buffing of cover prizes.

Granted, this could be explained somewhat by the moving of some HP rewards back to the progression prize tier, but now top 50 is required for a 50 HP personal placement prize and top 10 for 100 HP.

This is really a buff. If you can get to those levels, you can hit 800 which yields 100 HP total where before you got only 50 HP at 900. Furthermore, you keep those rewards even if you drop at the end of the event. Overall the HP output will be much higher for the player base.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like the new reward structure, though I expect some people will no longer be happy with their alliance "only" in the 50-100 range.

As for the Spidey covers - much appreciated. Apart for Mororo, Peter is my least covered char. Btw what's his best build post-nerf?