Marvel Puzzle Quest - PC Beta

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
The fight against H.A.M.M.E.R. has expanded. Now Agents can use their PCs on Steam to battle against Osborn and his lackeys and join in on the growing universe of Marvel Puzzle Quest! We are currently running a Closed Beta on Steam to tighten up the release before it goes live to the world.
    - The PC version runs off the same code and servers as the mobile versions. Battle against anyone, regardless of what device they're using. - If you are interested in trying out this Beta, please visit
http://york.launchrock.com. We'll be handing out keys starting soon, but access is limited.
- We are running a pilot program where we will manually link your account across mobile and PC using the same Facebook Linking system we have now. If you are accepted into the Beta and wish to take part in this, please send in a ticket that contains your mobile and PC User IDs and your Facebook email. Unless specified otherwise, we will link the account with your mobile version being your requested save file and it will overwrite your PC save.
    - Note that this is only a pilot program. Depending on the feedback received during Beta, this platform linking ability could be maintained indefinitely or switched off without notice. If it were to be switched off, any users linked would not lose any data.
- If you don't get in to the Beta, don't worry. We'll be releasing the PC version fairly soon in any case.

Comments

• Is this just a browser based version? I noticed it says PC, not windows.
  • dmendro wrote:
    Is this just a browser based version? I noticed it says PC, not windows.
    Probably not browser, considering it says steam version. therefore my worklife is saved
  • IceIX
    Options
    dmendro wrote:
    Is this just a browser based version? I noticed it says PC, not windows.
    Not a browser, full on application.
  • Congrats. Maybe one day we'll see a 3DS port? :p
  • Signed up for beta icon_e_biggrin.gif Hope to get in.
    And I love the fact it will done available via Steam icon_mrgreen.gif Can't wait to see it, beta or full release.

[/half-sleep posting]
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Already noticed...

Hulk on the side of heroes on the beta sign up page icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I like the idea of linking my account between PC and tablet so I can play on either and get the progress across the board. Because while I've thrown my hat in the ring for the beta, I didn't really want to have 3 accounts going on Android, iPhone, and PC.
  • IceIX
    Options
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    I like the idea of linking my account between PC and tablet so I can play on either and get the progress across the board. Because while I've thrown my hat in the ring for the beta, I didn't really want to have 3 accounts going on Android, iPhone, and PC.
    Well, you can link your accounts across iOS and Android already, so at the very most you'd have two. Unless of course you started separately on two devices and can't stand to give either save up.
  • IceIX wrote:
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    I like the idea of linking my account between PC and tablet so I can play on either and get the progress across the board. Because while I've thrown my hat in the ring for the beta, I didn't really want to have 3 accounts going on Android, iPhone, and PC.
    Well, you can link your accounts across iOS and Android already, so at the very most you'd have two. Unless of course you started separately on two devices and can't stand to give either save up.

At the moment, I'll to keep my iOS and Android games separate. I started the iOS version just to see something from the beginning since I'd just talked a friend into playing. Although, I am wondering how I double check what my in-game name is, I'm pretty sure I know it, but wanted to make sure.

On another note, I want to thank you, IceIX, for the excellent work you do here on the forum. It's nice to see a game company that is so responsive to the players. I've also been playing Avengers Alliance and the difference in forum support between them and Puzzle Quest is like night and day. As far as I've seen, they don't respond at all. So it's really nice to see the work you do here.
  • IceIX
    Options
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    At the moment, I'll to keep my iOS and Android games separate. I started the iOS version just to see something from the beginning since I'd just talked a friend into playing. Although, I am wondering how I double check what my in-game name is, I'm pretty sure I know it, but wanted to make sure.

Easiest way is to go into any Event and tap the standings, then look at your current placement.
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    On another note, I want to thank you, IceIX, for the excellent work you do here on the forum. It's nice to see a game company that is so responsive to the players. I've also been playing Avengers Alliance and the difference in forum support between them and Puzzle Quest is like night and day. As far as I've seen, they don't respond at all. So it's really nice to see the work you do here.
    Thanks for that. It's definitely appreciated. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Super excited to play a PC version. I've long been mostly a PC gamer, this is the first game that I've really gotten into on a phone/mobile device. And while it works, Id lve to get back to where Im most comfortable.
  • What happens when you play on two devices simultaneously? Can
  • IceIX
    Options
    Sooty wrote:
    What happens when you play on two devices simultaneously? Can
    When you load up the second device it logs you out of the first.
  • Looking forward to giving this a shot.
  • PC version????????

thislittlewiggy1_thumb.png
  • So is there some sort of super awesome reward for being a part of the PC beta??? icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    So is there some sort of super awesome reward for being a part of the PC beta??? icon_e_wink.gif
    If you're only playing on PC, the ability to start early. We're offering the option for people to join if they like, but it's coming out whether they do so or not. It'll just be more stable with some stress test ahead of launch. A special prize isn't currently planned, but I can't rule one out.
  • Dam you Ice, now I'll be playing it on my PC, looks like I won't be playing anything else for a long time. I usually hate puzzle games but puzzle quest reels me in all the time. The addition of RPG elements makes it more fun and interesting and as this one has a gotta catch em all vibe with all the different covers, I'm hooked. I hate you and love you at the same time.

Help me ;-;

Oh also I hope there is a windowed mode for it, considering with turn based games I tend to do lots of other stuff at the same time.
  • You should let us double up both accounts so that we can play 2 matches at once and win points at double the rates during tourneys icon_twisted.gif it will make having a brother finally useful.
  • This is great, finally I don't have to charge my iPhone 3 times in one day just to play MPQ.
    Please tell me linking between devices doesn't require facebook account...
This discussion has been closed.