New Character - Agatha Harkness (Coven Leader) 5*

Comments

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

I just got the feeder cover reward! Wiccan feeds her!

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Is a ascended wiccan elegible?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

@qandols said:

Aw **** here we go again

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited 19 September 2024, 11:28

The way Agatha’s blue seems to work is that the 6 matches decide what the Augmented Arcanum power does when you fire it - eg 2 green matches means it will do 100% bonus damage to allies, but no blue means you gain 0 random ap

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,374 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@qandols said:

Aw **** here we go again

so you see, um, well....

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,687 Chairperson of the Boards

@qandols said:

Did they change the policy of “within 7 days”? If not, and you didn’t do it within the last week, you’re out of luck.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Hence the question, I simply do not know how this works right now. And I will not wade through thousands of posts to find out. Anyway it's a game, I don't care anymore.

• bluewolf

@qandols said:
    Hence the question, I simply do not know how this works right now. And I will not wade through thousands of posts to find out. Anyway it's a game, I don't care anymore.

The proof would be in game. If you ascended him, check your copy.

If you can ascend him now, and he’s high enough to at least get to 451, you’ll get extra covers and shards as appropriate.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kwahder said:
    The way Agatha’s blue seems to work is that the 6 matches decide what the Augmented Arcanum power does when you fire it - eg 2 green matches means it will do 100% bonus damage to allies, but no blue means you gain 0 random ap

Do you need 9 blue AP to fire? I got Agatha covers so I can figure it out but it is still confusing here.

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler

No, Complex Incatation is 3ap, and Augmented Arcanam is 6ap, but you don’t need to fire both of them.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,563 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kwahder said:

Yes, I checked her in the puzzle gauntlet and I think I was right with my earlier interpretation. You add rider effects with matches while it's the 3ap "add tiles to the board" power, and then when you "flip" the power to the damage, it's set. So you'll generally get the blue rider if they're within the first six matches, other colors give you damage, stun, team damage, etc.

It's not a bad power, to be sure, though it's not quick. It's also boosted by her yellow - it's going to interesting leveling her because you don't want her to tank, but unlike say Emma she does benefit from additional levels...

• GrimSkald

I think she'll be best with our boosted match damage friends. Colossus overlaps two of her colors, just sayin'. :)

• GrimSkald
    edited 19 September 2024, 13:40

@bluewolf said:

@qandols said:

The proof would be in game. If you ascended him, check your copy.

If you can ascend him now, and he’s high enough to at least get to 451, you’ll get extra covers and shards as appropriate.

The way it works is for a week they will have altered Ascended Wiccan's rewards for levels 450 to around 475 to give Agatha covers -- if you have an ascended Wiccan you'll be able to see them pretty clearly. If you have an ascended Wiccan lower than 475, I strongly recommend "favoriting" him and pulling some Classic or Legendary Tokens - they will get you Agatha covers.

After a week from Thursday, the rewards will revert to normal.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 582 Critical Contributor

@qandols said:

Please don't mind the forum snobs

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 485 Mover and Shaker

@qandols said:

You might need to restart your game and click into one of the events or roster. Mine was still showing Purple Man when I logged in.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:
    I am surprised The MCU version isn't getting put in the game. But I Think the comic ones are just fine

That's what costumes are for! I'm sure they'll offer her MCU version as a $9.99 costume deal for the 5 star. It seems like every new character gets one of these costume offers soon after release now.

• bluewolf
    edited 19 September 2024, 14:20

It's worth remembering that the devs' ascension retro rewards give you nothing for a L450, and you only get retro rewards for levels 451 to about 475, and your sweet spot is a a dupe 302 to be equal to what you get from the 4s themselves, from the retro rewards.

So if you say ascended a 370 and a 280 you get fewer Agatha covers and shards than if you had left them as separate unascended copies. Unless you do it with a 302 or higher, you are getting fewer covers and shards.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,783 Chairperson of the Boards

Yep I have a 451 Wiccan which helps fuel my distrust and distaste for this lot but I won't make that mistake again.

• GrimSkald

@bluewolf said:
    It's worth remembering that the devs' ascension retro rewards give you nothing for a L450, and you only get retro rewards for levels 451 to about 475, and your sweet spot is a a dupe 302 to be equal to what you get from the 4s themselves, from the retro rewards.

So if you say ascended a 370 and a 280 you get fewer Agatha covers and shards than if you had left them as separate unascended copies. Unless you do it with a 302 or higher, you are getting fewer covers and shards.

Honestly, unless you know you're going to use that ascended 4★ right now you're almost always better off waiting to get the dupe to 370. The rewards are just so much better to combine two 370s. Heck, for 3/4 of my 4★s I just create a new dupe after I ascend them -- I mathed it out a while ago and at 1:1 vs 4:1 the rewards for a 4★ are better than a 5★ even if the 4★ isn't a feeder. So unless I think I'm going to use that new 4|5, I'm better off just making a new reward machine.

As I said above, if your Ascended Wiccan is lower than 475 right now, it's almost certainly worth your while to pull a few dozen tokens (either LT or Classics, your choice,) and get those Agatha covers.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

So, the yellow buffs base damage. Idk why I expected it to compound. That would’ve been nuts. Still a very strong power, but not insane.