Devpool's Taco Token Community Challenge

1235»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 August 2024, 13:52

The way we are going, we will all be remembered as The Pathetic Players Who Couldn’t Perform Enough to Push Past Tier 4 of the Taco Token Challenge.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 588 Critical Contributor

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    You know the massive tiamut statue that no one seems to have noticed for at least 6 films? Now I'm not saying something like that, I'll let my fans decide.

To be fair, if this happened in the real world, it would be high profile news for maybe two weeks at best. After that, it would rarely get a mention, especially if we're evaluating water cooler talk.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

To be fair if I didn’t know I was supposed to be wearing my Deadpool Mermaid costume to score points then…no OK I would wear that anyway.

• BobDucca
    BobDucca Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Tier 4 complete. Woo!

• bluewolf

You know the massive tiamut statue that no one seems to have noticed for at least 6 films? Now I'm not saying something like that, I'll let my fans decide.

Is this a reference to an actual film series or just a joke?

I’m never sure. But it didn’t take that long for King Ghidora to show up in the Legendary films, and I don’t think there were statues of him in earlier Godzilla films. But maybe?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 August 2024, 16:32

@bluewolf said:

I’m never sure. But it didn’t take that long for King Ghidora to show up in the Legendary films, and I don’t think there were statues of him in earlier Godzilla films. But maybe?

It's a reference to the mcu. In the movie the eternals a giant celestial is going to break through the center the of earth and destroy the planet. They stop him mid way, so his corpse is left with the top of his head and arm sticking out of the planet.

No one in any mcu movies since have mentioned the giant guy suddenly sticking out of the planet

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 588 Critical Contributor

@BriMan2222 said:

@bluewolf said:

It's a reference to the mcu. In the movie the eternals a giant celestial is going to break through the center the of earth and destroy the planet. They stop him mid way, so his corpse is left with the top of his head and arm sticking out of the planet.

No one in any mcu movies since have mentioned the giant guy suddenly sticking out of the planet

I will note that there is a nod in She-Hulk.

• bluewolf
    edited 11 August 2024, 01:14

Hey kids! Let’s go to Handyland!

Somehow this information makes me less, not more, interested in watching Eternals.

Seems like one of those ignorance is. bliss situations….

• DoxaLogos
    DoxaLogos Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

So.. when do we get the rewards?

• bluewolf

@DoxaLogos said:
    So.. when do we get the rewards?

Hopefully by the end of the week?

It seems like no extra extension this time…we got to 41 million and change.

Still not sure how we got so many points on the last day or so….it was like 2.5 x the normal points to push us over 33.3 million.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

Awesome, I don't have the Deadpool support and I have Mr Sinister at like 11 covers so his shards very welcome.

KGB

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor

Looking forward to that yellow Domino cover! Never had one of them before 😁

I hope all these little supports that I already have will at least give me shards, I could definitely use those...

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

I hope all these little supports that I already have will at least give me shards, I could definitely use those...

Yep, I got a whopping 5 shards from them.

• bluewolf

@BriMan2222 said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

Yep, I got a whopping 5 shards from them.

Same. At least that was what displayed….