Devpool's Taco Token Community Challenge

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh and dunno about Hellfire Costume, not seen that.

The Hellfire costume is the one for Patch where he's not wearing an eyepatch.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker

Really surprised that there isn't a rebalance/costume bundle for OML.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bzhai said:
    Really surprised that there isn't a rebalance/costume bundle for OML.

The typical time of release for a rebalance and costume is the week of the boss (2 weeks from now).

I assume we will get one at that time. Maybe it’ll be OML, or Ghostpool, or Cable or who knows?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh and dunno about Hellfire Costume, not seen that.

The Hellfire costume is the one for Patch where he's not wearing an eyepatch.

Ah yes! The old double double disguise!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards

Based on their response last time of "go gather the community!" It seems like the goal of these is try and increase their social media presence by getting all of us to go out and spread the word about it on facebook, twitter, reddit, etc.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,317 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I'm not sure Wolvie and Deadpool have that much in way of costumes? I think DP has three and Wolvie has maybe 1? I only have 4* DP pirate costume I think.

There's a full costume list (along with some formatting help that I've completely failed to understand) here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/90433/costume-list#latest

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I'm not sure Wolvie and Deadpool have that much in way of costumes? I think DP has three and Wolvie has maybe 1? I only have 4* DP pirate costume I think.

There's a full costume list (along with some formatting help that I've completely failed to understand) here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/90433/costume-list#latest

I've updated my post there at the bottom showing you what you have to do to replicate the table format at the time of my post.

KGB

• DAZ0273

@BriMan2222 said:
    Based on their response last time of "go gather the community!" It seems like the goal of these is try and increase their social media presence by getting all of us to go out and spread the word about it on facebook, twitter, reddit, etc.

The Facebook MPQ feed feels like it is about 5 years behind the game whenever I check it. Also can you imagine trying to explain this fairly complicated challenge on the character limited Twitter/X platform?

• DAZ0273

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

What is Deadpool Manga?!?!? Otherwise as I thought.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

@DAZ0273 said:

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

The black and white newsprint costume for Deadpool (Ghost Rider).

• DAZ0273

@ProfShoehorn said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

The black and white newsprint costume for Deadpool (Ghost Rider).

Oh right, that is quite a cool one.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 588 Critical Contributor

Another item to add would be a post-node pop up, like the ones that tell us we earned a token or whale points, that tells us, at a minimum, how many community points we just earned. Even better would be some sort of breakdown of how we got those points, which those popups are sort of doing now by showing a pic of the character... a more detailed or nuanced version might be needed depending on the community challenge.

• DAZ0273

Yeah I have no idea where you **** kids are with this and I may need a nap soon.

• bluewolf

As predicted, as it winds down, we have cleared Tier 3 and it seems incredibly unlikely we will clear Tier 4.

All the things already mentioned (communication mostly, also some visual indicator as taco points were earned, also - for the love of Odin, why isn't the costume multiplier defined in the rules?) could have helped if the goal was to support the community in completing 5 tiers which would have been no big deal, really, in terms of a reward push to everyone.

Anyway this whole challenge seems commensurate with the general state of things around here as we are told to wait and wait until a really cool engine update makes things better but no matter how fun the PVEs are, the game just gets more and more diluted making rewards less and less meaningful as far as your total roster need, or at least the hundreds of thousands of covers it could absorb before you even got close to being "done" with everyone.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    As predicted, as it winds down, we have cleared Tier 3 and it seems incredibly unlikely we will clear Tier 4.

All the things already mentioned (communication mostly, also some visual indicator as taco points were earned, also - for the love of Odin, why isn't the costume multiplier defined in the rules?) could have helped if the goal was to support the community in completing 5 tiers which would have been no big deal, really, in terms of a reward push to everyone.

Anyway this whole challenge seems commensurate with the general state of things around here as we are told to wait and wait until a really cool engine update makes things better but no matter how fun the PVEs are, the game just gets more and more diluted making rewards less and less meaningful as far as your total roster need, or at least the hundreds of thousands of covers it could absorb before you even got close to being "done" with everyone.

No offense, but that's by design, and it's never going to change.

Games like MPQ don't have an ending. You can't beat the game. You can't even "catch up." You fall further "behind" every day. It's a treadmill -- that's the entire idea.

The treadmill might not be enjoyable for you, and that's ok, but that's all MPQ will ever be.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    but no matter how fun the PVEs are, the game just gets more and more diluted making rewards less and less meaningful as far as your total roster need, or at least the hundreds of thousands of covers it could absorb before you even got close to being "done" with everyone.

My problem isn't the dilution, it's that I cannot get tokens to push those lower tiers along. I get basically no elites and standards any more. Where as all other resources stack up so fast I can't spend them on anything apart from useless 5*, which I refuse to do. Give us more anniversary type stores during the year so I can pump the numbers on older 5* rather than wasting it on the constant list of garbage.

I'm in limbo big time with the game and at our level I'm struggling to understand what you find fun still in pve. Give me harder CL with better rewards and harder CL on boss events. Make them less about speed and more about using your roster.

• bluewolf
    edited 7 August 2024, 14:29

I get the treadmill, the game is designed that way, etc. An infinite series of goals serves the devs who want an infinitely extending project that generates revenue, and players who want an ongoing thing to engage with.

The point here is the challenge being difficult to complete can’t be justified by “if we have all this stuff to everyone they would make too much progress” imo as the progress is always towards goals that are receding from you. And there weren’t any endgame-ish rewards like the stones, just some 5* shards and some support tokens.

This challenge is yet another failure from a “let’s keep the players interested and engaged with a little extra thing” perspective as it doesn’t offer meaningful rewards and also made it impossible to get a sense of progress that was being made other than this website (and clicking a link to another website, and didn’t communicate the actual rules to everyone ingame, and ALL THE THINGS we’ve already pointed out.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

Yep I agree, I wasn't engaged at all. Supports are in PVP I'm not helping anyone get better supports now unless it serves my goal. It didn't so I wouldn't even equip the outfits if I have them or play a game mode I've lost interest in.

Yes it's selfish but supports are in pvp and I'd rather not make my own game harder.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    I get the treadmill, the game is designed that way, etc. An infinite series of goals serves the devs who want an infinitely extending project that generates revenue, and players who want an ongoing thing to engage with.

The point here is the challenge being difficult to complete can’t be justified by “if we have all this stuff to everyone they would make too much progress” imo as the progress is always towards goals that are receding from you. And there weren’t any endgame-ish rewards like the stones, just some 5* shards and some support tokens.

This challenge is yet another failure from a “let’s keep the players interested and engaged with a little extra thing” perspective as it doesn’t offer meaningful rewards and also made it impossible to get a sense of progress that was being made other than this website (and clicking a link to another website, and didn’t communicate the actual rules to everyone ingame, and ALL THE THINGS we’ve already pointed out.

Eh. There's a way to do these challenge things like you're talking about -- give us a global score bar in game that shows the community's progress. Publish the criteria and rewards in game, too.

They haven't done that, for whatever reason. I don't know what they think these challenges are doing, but they're not doing much of anything that I can see.

That said, I don't get the sense that these are some major investment on their side. I don't do anything different during them, and I get some amount of extra stuff. It's a missed opportunity, I guess, but it ranks pretty low on the list of those.