Devpool's Taco Token Community Challenge

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,595 Chairperson of the Boards

Is any of this available in the game to look at and check on? (rhetorical question)

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't think so. It's a weakness of these challenges as i think the majority of the people playing this game will not check any out of game resources, and a one-time popup is clicked away and forgotten quickly. It really, really needs an in-game progress dashboard.

(i already forgot this challenge existed, too, and i DO check forums/reddit... 😅)

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards

These challenges definitely need to be available to see in game. I don't think about them at all while playing and they exist solely for some random gifts I get at the end. There is so much they could do to highlight them.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

There’s no pooling way we get to level 5.

Well, whatever.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,641 Chairperson of the Boards

I agree that these should be in the game somewhere.

I don't know that most players would actually change their play style to advance the challenge, though. For the most part these things seem like extra rewards for stuff we'd do anyway.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 913 Critical Contributor

@bluewolf said:
    There’s no pooling way we get to level 5.

Well, whatever.

We'll end up somewhere in tier 3. Maybe approach tier 4 if we get one of those random overnight boosts to the count. But you're right, 5 is out of the question.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 July 2024, 19:26

One of the hardest parts of this challenge is knowing how many taco token bonus's you are generating for this by your team choice. I know what this thread says but I am not sure if I am maxing out what I can earn or not because there is no feedback for how many I earned for the quest and when

For what it's worth, I use
    1) Dat Required character: Ghostpool, Patch (with costume) - For Ghostpools token
    2) Big enchilada: Patch (with costume), 3 Deadpool (with costume) - For Deadpool points
    3) Behemoth Burrito:
    4) Mighty Tossdown: Devpool - My only Deadpool/Wolvie at 3* and under
    5) I Got a Golden Disc: 3 Deadpool (with costume), Patch (with costume) - This nets the taco token in progression at this point.

So how many am I earning? How can I know and can I improve?

KGB

• bluewolf

If you have Hotpool, under the rules you would be better using him in ddq and using Ghostpool elsewhere for the daily token.

If not, then carry on.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    I agree that these should be in the game somewhere.

I don't know that most players would actually change their play style to advance the challenge, though. For the most part these things seem like extra rewards for stuff we'd do anyway.

9 times out of 10 I don’t do dpd anyway since ascension. If the game still allowed me to use them ascended as a qol improvement I’d play it. The only one I like is the one I can still use wolverine in.

So no, for those rewards I’m not playing my least fav part of the game with a set up even slower than usual.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 913 Critical Contributor

Ascension could be another roadblock to getting max tacos.

• bluewolf

As far as ascension and the playerbase, it’s hard to know the place players as a whole are in.

The only places it’s an issue is if you didn’t recruit Devpool who can be used in the 3 node and don’t have a base old 3pool. In the 4 node odds are you either have XFDP or a 3-4 pool (I just pulled one from the season vault). In terms of bringing a Wolverine, maybe you have a 2-3 or Patch…if not maybe you miss on the 3. I bet most players have some 4* Wolverine.

The Required Character and Enchilda, you can use any Deadpool and Wolverine.

The 1&2* nodes don’t matter and the Burrito node only allows you to use specific characters.

Ascension isn’t really a big roadblock unless you have a very limited roster and keep like one Deadpool and one Wolverine or something. In which case this whole thing is not really going to be a thing you engage with anyway.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 588 Critical Contributor

@Theghouse said:
    Just here to echo the issues with this event:

-None of the details and progress are viewable in game, so most players won't participate fully.
    -Not all points/multipliers given in full detail so players don't know how scoring really works
    -No verification in game of how many points you are achieving with certain team combos
    -Ascension has blocked certain costume/character combos in the restricted nodes. All my Wolvies are 4*+, another feels bad move for ascension.

Why can't this kind of community event be set up like the PVP season event (but on the PVE tab)? The event itself is blank, but there is a place to view the event details, a place to view the rewards, and a place to view the scoring. Plus everybody loves to see where themselves and their alliances stack up on the leaderboard, even if there's no placement prizes, which will drive participation (just like DDQ).

Lots of great feedback and thoughts here! How about if the Campaign tab became the Community tab once the campaign events are 100% complete and this type of info is available there? Whenever there is something new, we would see the little red dot notifier, the info would be readily re-readable, there would be no items fighting for attention or real estate, and that vestigial tab could be Jean Greyed.

• bluewolf
    edited 31 July 2024, 14:14

Granted we are not fully through today, but based on points earned so far, we will probably end around 25- 27 million total points. I don’t know how many people might not have costumes for DP and Wolverine, but will pull them from the season vault, and equip them to bump points a bit.

So we will probably get through tier 3 but no higher.

At this point the devs need to decide the point of challenges, because after the last one and this one I’m done with their design.

Either they need to try harder to communicate the basic challenge rules to everyone and let the community encourage each other, or just make them super easy to complete, or just not bother with them.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah but something is better than nothing for no extra effort. I’m happy with that. If there was stones I’d have bothered reading what I need to do. I don’t think I’ve equipped a costume ever or even know which ones I have unless I get HP for a dupe!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm not sure Wolvie and Deadpool have that much in way of costumes? I think DP has three and Wolvie has maybe 1? I only have 4* DP pirate costume I think.

• bluewolf

Patch has a Hellfire Gala costume.

XFW has a retro costume, in the season vault right now.

OML doesn’t ….nor the 2.

• DAZ0273

I forgot about Deadpool big head thing. I also forgot I have Lady Deadpool for 3DP. Think that is it? The Wolverine costume is just the pixel thing which is fine if free but no thanks otherwise.

• DAZ0273

Oh and dunno about Hellfire Costume, not seen that.