S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
edited 7 July 2024 16:48 in Character Details

Health & Match Damage

Feeder Chart

Abilities

Ability: Advanced Spider Sense
Color: Purple
AP Cost: 0

(PASSIVE) May Parker has a 40% chance to Dodge any damage she would take, reducing it to 0. Whenever she Dodges, create 2 strength 73 Protect tiles. May Parker’s chance to Dodge is reduced by 5% for each friendly Protect tile.

450: 40% chance to Dodge. Create strength 294 tiles.
550: 40% chance to Dodge. Create strength 635 tiles.

Level 2: 45% chance to Dodge. Create strength 80 tiles.
450: 45% chance to Dodge. Create strength 321 tiles.
550: 45% chance to Dodge. Create strength 693 tiles.

Level 3: 50% chance to Dodge. Create strength 86 tiles.
450: 50% chance to Dodge. Create strength 348 tiles.
550: 50% chance to Dodge. Create strength 751 tiles.

Level 4: 55% chance to Dodge. Create strength 93 tiles.
450: 55% chance to Dodge. Create strength 374 tiles.
550: 55% chance to Dodge. Create strength 808 tiles.

Level 5: 65% chance to Dodge. Create strength 100 tiles.
450: 65% chance to Dodge. Create strength 401 tiles.
550: 65% chance to Dodge. Create strength 866 tiles.

Ability: Mayday
Color: Black
AP Cost: 7

Discarding caution, May launches into a full-scale offensive. May deals 886 non-Dodgeable damage to herself, reduced by friendly Protect tiles. Convert up to 3 random friendly Protect tiles into strength 155 Strikes tiles. Then deal 3632 damage to the target.

450: Deal 3561 self damage. Convert 3 tiles to strength 623 tiles. Deal 14600 damage.
550: Deal 7696 self damage. Convert 3 tiles to strength 1347 tiles. Deal 31556 damage.

Level 2: Deal 1108 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 177 tiles. Deal 3988 damage.
450: Deal 4451 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 712 tiles. Deal 16031.
550: Deal 9620 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 1540 tiles. Deal 34648.

Level 3: Deal 1329 self damage. Convert 4 tiles to strength 188 tiles. Deal 4409 damage.
450: Deal 5342 self damage. Convert 4 tiles to strength 756 tiles. Deal 16921 damage.
550: Deal 11544 self damage. Convert 4 tiles to strength 1653 tiles. Deal 36573 damage.

Level 4: Deal 1551 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 199 tiles. Deal 4696 damage.
450: Deal 6232 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 801 tiles. Deal 18878 damage.
550: Deal 13468 self damage. Convert tiles to strength 1732 tiles. Deal 40802 damage.

Level 5: Deal 1772 self damage. Convert 5 tiles to strength 221 tiles. Deal 5183 damage.
450: Deal 7122 self damage. Convert 5 tiles to strength 890 tiles. Deal 20834 damage.
550: Deal 15392 self damage. Convert 5 tiles to strength 1925 tiles. Deal 45030 damage.

Ability: Static Cling
Color: Blue
AP Cost: 3

May Parker extended her electrostatic control outward, latching onto objects and foes alike. Select a color. This ability then becomes Static Fling.

450: No Change.
550: No Change.

Level 2: No Change.

Level 3: No Change.

Level 4: No Change.

Level 5: No Change.

Ability: Static Fling
Color: Blue
AP Cost: 6
May Parker releases her static hold over the area, launching a volley at the enemy. Destroy up to 4 random non-friendly tiles of the selected color, then deal 664 to the target. This ability then becomes Static Cling. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP).

(PASSIVE) Enemy matches in the selected color grant 1 less AP. Advanced Spider Sense now prioritizes creating Protect tiles in the selected color.

450: Deal 2671 damage.
550: Deal 5772 damage.

Level 2: Deal 885 damage.
450: Deal 3560 damage.
550: Deal 7694 damage.

Level 3: Deal 1107 damage. Enemy matches grant 2 less AP.
450: Deal 4453 damage. Enemy matches grant 2 less AP.
550: Deal 9622 damage. Enemy matches grant 2 less AP.

Level 4: Destroy 5 tiles. Deal 1328 damage.
450: Destroy 5 tiles. Deal 5342 damage.
550: Destroy 5 tiles. Deal 11544 damage.

Level 5: Destroy 6 tiles. Deal 1549 damage. Enemy matches grant 3 less AP.
450: Destroy 6 tiles. Deal 6231 damage. Enemy matches grant 3 less AP.
550: Destroy 6 tiles. Deal 13466 damage. Enemy matches grant 3 less AP.

Release Events

All times in Pacific

Story

Lost in Time
May 30, 2024, 04:00am – June 2, 2024 11:00pm
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Cosmic Chaos
June 2, 2024, 04:00am – June 6, 2024, 11:00pm
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Deadpool vs. MPQ
June 6, 2024, 04:00am – June 10, 2024, 11:00pm
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus

Complete Mayhem
May 30, 2024, 05:00pm – June 3, 2024, 12:00am
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Hoops and Webs
June 2, 2024, 05:00am – June 5, 2024, 12:00pm
May Parker (Spider-Girl) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers

Distant Relations
May 2, 2024, 04:00am – May 6, 2024, 11:00pm
Chance to get May Parker (Spider-Girl). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

The Spider-Sisters Vault
May 9, 2024, 09:00am - May 12, 2024, 09:00pm
Chance to get May Parker (Spider-Girl) Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

• 1x Sort-of-Sisterhood Legendary Store Token
  • 1x 4-Star Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) cover
  • 3x Random 3-Star covers
  • 6x Heroic tokens
  • 4x 2500 Iso
  • 6x 1000 Iso
  • 5x 500 Iso
  • 14x Two stars

The Sort-of-Sisterhood Legendary Store
May 9, 2024, 09:00am - May 12, 2024, 09:00pm
15% chance to get 5* May Parker (Spider-Girl) , 5* Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), and 5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker). Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun is Cosmic Chaos correct? We’re currently playing it right now, so to have it again so soon is weird.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Second use of "Static Cling" should read "Static Fling"

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just to let you know I'm not really feeling either of these 2 so far that reason, I'm out.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 May 2024, 00:55
    Options

The dodging thing will be very annoying, especially now that the meta has (mostly?) shifted away from boosting multi-hit powers and onto larger single hits.

Her strike tiles are very very strong -- don't overlook that power.

Reducing every enemy match (in a chosen color) by 3ap sounds crazy strong, but I think it'll be fairly weak in practice. I keep saying "nobody wants to match tiles and cast stuff to do damage anymore" -- part of that is the rise of passive damage, but the other part is about passive AP gen. Some of the popular characters do need AP, but they generally don't get it by matching tiles.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yeah. When I saw the AP denial move, My thought went to Beta Ray Bill. Who just needs to match protect tiles to get AP. Not matches.

The problem with that dodge though is she weakens herself whenever she does successfully dodge. That dodge is great but you have to make sure to remove them. I wonder if someone who can remove those protect tiles may be a good match-up for her. That way she will always have 65% dodge chance with no drawback.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    edited 28 May 2024, 22:58
    Options

An interesting 5*! B)

I'm not fond of self-damage powers, but that is such a big strike - and Advanced Spider Sense's growth isn't that good - that seems an easy 355.
    I would guess such powerful AP suppression is generally only going to be helpful in PvP, though - overall she is perhaps technically the best at stomping bosses such as Kaecilius, but we're well used to grinding our way through those anyway so I wouldn't prioritise her just for that PvE niche.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like her a lot. None of her powers are useless/overly complicated to use, and seem pretty good. But not gamebreaking.

Purple - Nicely balanced. It starts off very strong but it starts getting traded out for protect tiles. So it's not just always on, but there's room to fiddle with it on your end.

Black - No clue if the damage is high or what, but nice for switching to offense and dodge mode again.

Blue - I really like the 3ap abilities that mess with AP. Like sersi, SW, maybe others. Doubt I'd ever use the power again unless I really need to switch colors and have a stockpile for some reason.

Please don't nerf her on release lol.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The dodging thing will be very annoying, especially now that the meta has (mostly?) shifted away from boosting multi-hit powers and onto larger single hits.

Her strike tiles are very very strong -- don't overlook that power.

Reducing every enemy match (in a chosen color) by 3ap sounds crazy strong, but I think it'll be fairly weak in practice. I keep saying "nobody wants to match tiles and cast stuff to do damage anymore" -- part of that is the rise of passive damage, but the other part is about passive AP gen.
    Some of the popular characters do need AP, but they generally don't get it by matching tiles.

I agree, she's going to be very annoying to fight until you get enough of her protect tiles out to reduce her dodging, and those will reduce your damage. Her "static cling" will also be stupid annoying, but only so long as she lands on the power you need to get and before she does her damage with it, so that's going to be much more random chance.

All in all, interesting kit. Nothing earth-shattering, I think, but will be annoying to face, and her black will be a nasty shot when she's boosted.

• nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options

Are the dates in the "Offers" section correct? They all refer to early May and while I'd love for MPQ to finally come through on that time machine, I'm not sure if the dates are just wrong, intended to be June, or what.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What happens on her Blue if there are no non-friendly tiles in that color? Does she destroy no tiles?

KGB

• JoeHandle
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    I love Puzzle Quest, but their comment about attempting to get new characters to top 10 percent was it? Seems to be way off. The dodge ability seems nice and fun but the other 2 seem pretty bad.

Why is it that the vast majority of the characters they create now all need to tank to get their full value? There are too many of them now and making fun teams is more difficult when they all need to be the one matching to get the benefit.

EX:
    1. Hex23 needs to match to apply her buff
    2. Goose needs to be in front to create strikes
    3. Phyla needs to match to create her countdowns
    4. Victor needs to match to create his whatever tiles they are
    5. This character needs to be in front to really benefit from the dodge
    6. You probably want Jubes in front so she can take the damage and revive.

And these are just the new 5star ones (that I can recall). I get the concept, and some make sense, but I am always trying to make fun new teams and these types of abilities automatically make them a no go with a ton of other characters. I hope in the future they consider going with abilities similar to Hunter, where any person who matches her 2 colors create the points needed for her to see value (not saying she has much value, just a more fun/useful way to handle abilities like that).

"Use when boosted"

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Venomous said:
    Yeah. When I saw the AP denial move, My thought went to Beta Ray Bill. Who just needs to match protect tiles to get AP. Not matches.

The problem with that dodge though is she weakens herself whenever she does successfully dodge. That dodge is great but you have to make sure to remove them. I wonder if someone who can remove those protect tiles may be a good match-up for her. That way she will always have 65% dodge chance with no drawback.

Symbiote Jeff came to mind.

Her black works, but she does a lot of damage to herself (almost 10%) but it is reduced by protects.
    Back of the hand math here at 450 she converts 5 tiles to strikes, but makes 2 per dodge. 3 dodges to get to 5+. 6 protects is 2,400 damage reduced give or take.
    So she will take 4,700 damage for 7 black AP, deal 21k damage, and give 4,500 strikes.

I don't know why you would want to use the second portion of her blue.

Looks like a 553 kit to me, but doesn't seem great off hand. Just semi annoying. The dodging and damage reduction could potentially be quite strong though.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

I wouldn’t do 3 for the last move honestly. While yes there are some who work around and avoid her ap denial, for those it doesn’t counter it’s still quite strong. As pointed out on Discord, it bypasses Kang’s passive as it doesn’t steal or destroy ap for him to generate it.

I’d do 5 in it solely because of how good it can do it. However it’s a toss up between the other two. 5 on the Passive means she’ll have a very high dodge chance. But 5 on the Black could make its damage worth the chance at self harm. I know this can be said for most characters but who she is paired up with makes all the difference here.

• KGB
    edited 29 May 2024, 03:40
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I don't know why you would want to use the second portion of her blue.

My guess is you'd use it if you down the target who you are denying that AP for and now no one remaining on the enemy team can use that color. So you'd want to use the 2nd part of the Blue so you could use the 1st part to deny a different color for one of the remaining characters.

The nice thing about that Blue is that you can boost 3 Blue AP and start denial on turn 1. Can be handy if there is an enemy character who has a single cheap strong nuke you want to lock down for the battle while you concentrate on the other 2 members of the enemy team leaving the locked down character for last.

She reminds me a lot of 4 star Rogue. A single color denial (Rogue only targets strongest color) and damage reduction (dodge+protects vs damage reduction for Rogue). 3rd color is a damage dealer with Spidergirl doing some self damage but giving strikes.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited 29 May 2024, 22:47
    Options

Seems unnecessarily complicated for not doing very much.

At least Green Goblin is in the release store, can quickly finish his last 3 covers needed to champ.

Edit: upon further review, GG needs 4 covers, not 3.

• KGB
    Options

Can't believe we haven't talked about the elephant in the room yet.

Who has recently ascended Jessica Drew and has her a L450 and is looking at 0 retro rewards if they don't come up with 16 covers quickly?

KGB

• JoeHandle
    Options

@KGB said:
    Can't believe we haven't talked about the elephant in the room yet.

Who has recently ascended Jessica Drew and has her a L450 and is looking at 0 retro rewards if they don't come up with 16 covers quickly?

KGB

Nope. Why would anyone max+min a crummy 4* like Spider-Woman? Seeing as she wasn't feeding anyone, why have already ascended her at all?

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    edited 29 May 2024, 08:21
    Options

Never mind that elephant in the room. What about the severe lack of any web tiles?! Still waiting on the day that there’ll be a viable web tile meta!!
    A potential for web tile combo was probably the biggest reason I wasn’t eye rolling at another spider-person release.

That being said, she does at least have an interesting kit, and is (to my relief) superior to her 3 star counterpart.